Leveling - Group quest solo'ing discussion

I've wanted to find or start a thread like this for forever, and I've looked hard. Call me a noob for not searching my ass off if you wish, but it's not the case ;P

I'd like to hear ideas and suggestions specifically on this topic, solo'ing group quests while leveling. Rather than a simple "blood" "unholy" "you pick" which is all anyone ever gives, I'd like more details. What abilities to use most, specific specs, stance, cooldowns, etc.

I hear (heard) a lot about blood, that the more experienced vets will be able to do anything with it (which I consider myself on par with at least), and solo elites up to 60-61ish were indeed cake, probably due also in part to the gear advantage and not just the class itself. Eventually they started hitting a little harder, the first one that comes to mind are the red stone giants in HFP. It seems like as time progresses I need almost all of my cooldowns (which is everything except Rune Tap, as deep blood) and tons of effort and luck to get through some, while others are the same old simple cake walk.

I've played as Unholy a bit on other DK toons, and tend to prefer blood (it was 50/50 til Heart Strike started cleaving, now I lean blood). What specific advantages do each have over the other on this specific subject alone (questing is whatever, any spec will work, a retard with a 20/20/20 spec could kill a bunch of mobs). What presence is best (blood/frost), since frost gives the HP/armor advantage but loses some life steal (which could make up for the armor difference? these are the kind of things I'm trying to look into). Are there any specific abilities/rotations/talents to take advantage of that wouldn't be primary in a "normal" rotation?

Any LOGICAL, civilized assistance and discussion on the topic would be great, from seasoned vets as well as "new" DKs leveling and trying things as well.

Deleted

Re: Leveling - Group quest solo'ing discussion

get diseases up and spam death strike in frost presence, you can be any spec you want

^ pretty much

Ok, so my other question, if you're deep Unholy, what diseases DO and DON'T contribute to Death Strikes healing. Seems like if Unholy had 3-4 diseases that benefit Death Strike it'd be a lot more proficient with bigger heals.

One of the first things to note that is that leveling, almost ALL DK's should spec up 5/5/5, to get the highest survivability available.

Second, the second poster has a very valid point. Therefore an additional 2 points into Unholy for Vicious Strikes is a most valid choice.

Where you go from there depends upon how you want to function.

As you venture into Outlands there are several places where certain spec's will not function to the best of their abilities.

Hellfire Peninsula - Not the best for Unholy due to the Voidwalker quests available.
    Zangamarsh - Not terribly good for Frost, with a lot of Frost Immune mobs.
    Nagrand - Similar situation as Zanga, but not nearly as bad.

If your past Nagrand and haven't level'd sufficiently to get into Northrend, I suggest backtracking into Terrokar.
    "My rage bar is blue, and I start the fight pissed!" - Battlecry of the Ret Paladin.
    "The best defense is a good offense." - Motto of the Ret Paladin.
    River Below - Billy Talent - Theme Song of the Ret Paladin.

DK Death Strike Tanking
    The Power of Avoidance! - DK Tank Required Reading
    DK AP Coefficients
    DK Threat Values

Aurich von Deathstrike