Pally tanking question

Maybe its just me but i notice alot of pallys with high dodge low block med parry.
    the way i stacked my pally is pretty hardcore block.. i take pride in tanking a ton of adds at once so is it just me or should i not stack block

id link my stats but armory is down atm but im pabstt from firetree (if you armory me my def is so high cuz im gonna drop inscription soon and get jc for the trinket and trying to make sure i have the def to do it so i get stright stam outta it)

dodge 20% or so (lil higher i think)
    parry 17 % or so (lil higher)
    and block is at 25.. or maybe 27 i cant remember.

i MT most of 25 man nax and i specialize in trash.. you cant go wrong with almost 9k ShoR. Also no tanks can come close to my threat (even without the double ShoR glitch) i dont even touch bosses im not main tanking in fear of aggro it goes from nothing to holy crap really fast.

i was just wondering on some feedback if alot of new pallys are trying to be warriors or if im just an idiot and playing the game very wrong

Re: Pally tanking question

Tough call, I might be completely wrong (Played a pala from MC to Kara and not wotlk) But I always went for Block mostly. We get a lot of our threat from shield damage (not 100%, if I'm wrong just kill me )

If you specialize in trash, you sir are king. Block/Blockvalue are more trash values then MT values (or OT values in some fights). Since the mechanics changed, alot of tanks are trying out for MT, forgetting that the role they have within a raid is mostly set.

For this reason I keep 2 seperate sets, 1 avoidance/sta for bosses and 1 block/block value.

I gear for the fight. For trash and fast hitting bosses I gear for block. For heavy hitting bosses I gear for dodge, parry, mitigation. For magic damage bosses, I gear as much stam as possible. I use Outfitter and I switch to whatever I need instantly.

i keep 2 sets myself but very rarly need it.. i swap for patchwork and thats about it.. i mt almost every boss cuz im stubborn except saph and kt.. and its more then fine and my TPS is just rediculous <3 pally threat

I say it dosen't really matter what you stack, however since diminishing returns was implemented on defense stats, its alot esier to stack block rating. Paladins are one of the classes that actually can get to 103% avoidance(unhitable) because we always have our 30% extra block.

Imo stack block rating and get some blockvalue where you can get it, otherwise go for stamina.