Page 1 of 2
LastLast

For the Love of God

Did Blizz REALLY feel it was needed to swap our Death Charger and Ebon Gryphon icons? >_<

I keep going for my death charger only to hit my gryphon, or vice versa -.-

Am I the only one at all annoyed by this?

Deleted

Re: For the Love of God

I'm not playing the DK on daily basis [ lvling up a bubbledin ] but this really really pisses me off

Just use the following macro and you'll newer have to worry about using the wrong mount again.

/script local m=GetZoneText() if (m=="Dalaran" or m=="Wintergrasp") and (GetSubZoneText()~="Krasus' Landing") then CallCompanion("MOUNT", 1);end
    /cast [flyable] Winged Steed of the Ebon Blade; [noflyable] Acherus Deathcharger
    /dismount [mounted]

I see how this can be a problem,

Although I wouldnt use the damned chicken even if I got it for free.

Yes.

I had logged out in Storm Peaks in the temple (highest point in SP) after helping a guildie with some quests out there. Logged in on patch day and clicked on the icon for my skeletal gryphon while talking to my wife irl and rode right off the edge on my horse and fell to my death. I laughed for quite awhile.

try lifestock .. the smartmount function is awesome^^
    Many class changes. You won't like the ones made to your own class but you'll think the changes made to the 9 other classes are all overpowered. Tigole

I think it was unnecessary yes, but to get your panties in a wad about it is also unnecessary. I have been using macros for mounting for so long though that it didn't affect me in the slightest. I recommend the macro that a poster above posted, it works well for selecting the proper mount in the proper place (like your ground mount for Dal and whatnot).

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou
    Did Blizz REALLY feel it was needed to swap our Death Charger and Ebon Gryphon icons? >_<

I keep going for my death charger only to hit my gryphon, or vice versa -.-

Am I the only one at all annoyed by this?
    agree :S

Died @ naxx enter when i was sure that i used my flying chicken and then ... why im not flying ...

Quote Originally Posted by Bullshifter
    I think it was unnecessary yes, but to get your panties in a wad about it is also unnecessary. I have been using macros for mounting for so long though that it didn't affect me in the slightest. I recommend the macro that a poster above posted, it works well for selecting the proper mount in the proper place (like your ground mount for Dal and whatnot).
    No, not for me.

I don't have epic flying. I never will, unless said price is lowered.

So in most places w/ flying mounts, I prefer to use my ground mount. However, in places like Storm Peaks/Ice Crown, I prefer my chicken.

15+ Year Old Account

Use keyboard shortcuts, problem solved. Clicking sucks.
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!

Yes they did, and its well annoying as i only have keyboard shortcut to one of them
    Don't know about you, but its been like this for a week now

I submitted a ticket last wedensday when i saw it and got the usual "We havn't heard of this issue before, we will look into it. Please try and deleting the ... and ... folders"

No, not for me.

So in most places w/ flying mounts, I prefer to use my ground mount. However, in places like Storm Peaks/Ice Crown, I prefer my chicken.
    I don't have epic flying yet either, so I guess we just have a difference of opinion in that regard. I feel that the normal flying is still faster than the ground mount for most practical purposes, but hey that's just me I guess. And I don't feel they should lower the price, it's extremely nice to have epic flying, and even though I don't have it yet (been spending money other ways =P) the price of epic flying is pretty trivial these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightsorrow
    agree :S

Died @ naxx enter when i was sure that i used my flying chicken and then ... why im not flying ...
    Friggin epic.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

No, not for me.

Stop buying AH greens and blues and get your damn epic. Seriously. I bought my epic plus cold weather flying within 5 days of dinging. 5K gold is not very hard to get in WotlK. Do you quest? Do you gather? Are you a JC? If you answered yes to any of those questions then you should have an epic.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkduck
    Oh god, i sure hope I don't reincarnate into a bad DPS because of my bad karma. It would suck to have to cry every patch because I'm afraid to lose my raid spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Stieger23
    Stop buying AH greens and blues and get your damn epic. Seriously. I bought my epic plus cold weather flying within 5 days of dinging. 5K gold is not very hard to get in WotlK. Do you quest? Do you gather? Are you a JC? If you answered yes to any of those questions then you should have an epic.
    Yeah... I had epic flight/NR flight the second i dinged 77 with money to spare. Granted i actually prepaired for the expac... (oh nohes!) but gold is NOT hard to come by. Picked up the Grand Ice Mammoth last week...
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

i dont get how so many people dont have enough money...
    i have a motorcycle.. a traveler mount and grand ice mammoth

im getting close to the 100 mounts.. and yet i got alot of money still

i agree i mean its really not that hard to have money. they most common excuse for no money is i dont have enough time to play.. you dont really need that much time maybe half and hour and toy with the AH or with your professions if your a JC/Scribe or Herbalist in my opinion you should have more G then you need with very very minimal effort

Quote Originally Posted by Battousai
    Friggin epic.
    Died the same way - just different location.

Quote Originally Posted by AetherMcLoud
    Use keyboard shortcuts, problem solved. Clicking sucks.
    To do something trivial at summoning your mount.. rather pointless tbh..

Myself, I have no problems as I use a Bronze/Red Drake(depanding on the mood) as my flying mount..

Quote Originally Posted by Stieger23
    You level BSing and Mining from 1-450, then tell me you have 5k gold left.

And A. Dailies are near impossible in some zones WITHOUT an epic flyer. Gathering as well. Competing for low respawn nodes against people WITH epic flyers stops that. Doing a daily in Storm Peaks takes an hour due to the distance required to travel.