Resto druid PvE.

Write down everything good about healing as a druid in 25man raids. Anything you know, spec, stats, glyphs, enchants, rotation whatever Just wanna see if I do as I should.

Currently using 14/0/57 now.

Major Glyphs: Lifebloom, Innervate and Swiftmend.

Minor Glyphs: Of the Wild, Unbirdened Rebirth and Aquantic Form. (None really usefull)

Got 1820 +healing (in ToL), 1169 spirit, 369 mp/5 and 17541 mana. Everything with GotW only.

What should I improve first? And what should I stop stack up?

Thanks in advance

Re: Resto druid PvE.

You seem rather clued up with your spec. Your gear also seems decent from the stats; u got full enchants?

One thing you didnt state was haste, how much do you have?

It seems you didnt spec Celestial Focus which you dont reaaaaaly need to; but it can become a powerful assest if your a raid healer on a fight with heavy aoe dmg. (Malygos, satharion, Sapharion etc)

Your Glyphs looks good too - Personaly I get regrowth over life bloom but thats up to you really.

The one thing you should NOT stack is crit - its pretty much the last stat for resto druids, so dont bother getting any.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Yep the only thing I would change is the lifebloom glyph with regrowth.

TO MUCH MISSING TO GUESS MATE.

But look to spec into Celestial Focus. The +3% haste means that once you reach certain Haste levels with Haste Raid buff you start to drop points out of GotEM as you are Overcapped for hots.

Ignore people saying swap you Lifebloom for Regrowth. Swap Innervate Glyph as mana is a joke and you dont need to inprove you mana. on the last 3 bosses in Naxx25 the other day I used no pots and gave my innervate to Holy Priest and still finished with over 50% mana.

Inshort. Spec into Celestial Focus.
    Rest fo you spec depends on your heal style but take the must have stats and leave ones that dont suit you. Some like Replenish and some like 3 in seed. Deplends if you regrowth heal alot or not mate.

Later when mana get a nerf get Innervate glyph back and drop whatever spell you use the least glyph there is no right and wrong with trees are we are varied.

Quote Originally Posted by Previous Thread
    A list that tells you when you can drop GotEM in relation to Haste Cap.
    It assumes you have 3 points in Celestial Focus. whch not all druid do to start but once you get Naxx Geared you should move to. Expecially with LifeBloom becoming more used after WG Nerf.

Wrath of Air and Improved Moonkin Aura/Swift Retribution Aura (with 3/3 Celestial Focus)
    0/5 GotE = ~34.7% Haste = ~1137 Haste Rating
    1/5 GotE = ~27.0% Haste = ~887 Haste Rating
    2/5 GotE = ~20.2% Haste = ~664 Haste Rating
    3/5 GotE = ~14.1% Haste = ~463 Haste Rating
    4/5 GotE = ~8.6% Haste = ~282 Haste Rating
    5/5 GotE = ~3.6% Haste = ~118 Haste Rating

Wrath of Air only (with 3/3 Celestial Focus)
    0/5 GotE = ~38.7% Haste = ~1269 Haste Rating
    1/5 GotE = ~30.8% Haste = ~1012 Haste Rating
    2/5 GotE = ~23.8% Haste = ~782 Haste Rating
    3/5 GotE = ~17.5% Haste = ~576 Haste Rating
    4/5 GotE = ~11.9% Haste = ~389 Haste Rating
    5/5 GotE = ~6.7% Haste = ~220 Haste Rating

Improved Moonkin Aura/Swift Retribution Aura only (with 3/3 Celestial Focus)
    0/5 GotE = ~41.4% Haste = ~1358 Haste Rating
    1/5 GotE = ~33.4% Haste = ~1095 Haste Rating
    2/5 GotE = ~26.2% Haste = ~861 Haste Rating
    3/5 GotE = ~19.8% Haste = ~650 Haste Rating
    4/5 GotE = ~14.0% Haste = ~460 Haste Rating
    5/5 GotE = ~8.8% Haste = ~288 Haste Rating

No outside buffs at all (only 3/3 Celestial Focus)
    0/5 GotE = ~45.6% Haste = ~1497 Haste Rating
    1/5 GotE = ~37.4% Haste = ~1226 Haste Rating
    2/5 GotE = ~30.0% Haste = ~985 Haste Rating
    3/5 GotE = ~23,4% Haste = ~768 Haste Rating
    4/5 GotE = ~17.4% Haste = ~573 Haste Rating
    5/5 GotE = ~12.0% Haste = ~395 Haste Rating
    A closed mouth gathers no feet.

Mage, Druid, DK & Shaman,

Quote Originally Posted by Morganskunk
    The one thing you should NOT stack is crit - its pretty much the last stat for resto druids, so dont bother getting any.
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/27/1431...tions-too.html
    4. Haste and Crit on our gear is pretty useless to us after a certain point. Once we reach the Haste softcap for raids, which is pretty low, we don't need that anymore. Crit is also pretty situational as it will only really affect Nourish and we don't get enough Crit on our gear for it to be a substantional boost to the spell. Perhaps Haste affecting Hot Ticks. Perhaps Crit affecting Hots - yeah i am dreaming on that one, but can u tell us why not?
    Honestly, there is a technical limitation that prevents hots (and dots) from being able to crit. We are removing that limitation though, so who knows.
    We might be stacking crit in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Abatu
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/27/1431...tions-too.htmlHonestly, there is a technical limitation that prevents hots (and dots) from being able to crit. We are removing that limitation though, so who knows.

We might be stacking crit in the future.
    Thing is, they solved that by giving certain classes talents that allow crit to function for dots in some way (Warlocks get something close to crits on their dots, shadow priests simply get bonus SP, DK's get an aoe proc). Druids got... nothing. (Except Living Seed as a further bonus for critical heals).

Not saying it can't change in the future but for the moment it seems they didn't consider resto druids in need for such a talent.

In my opinion.. and this is just my simple personal not-a-whole-lot-of-information opinion... You should reduce your (or stop stacking) spirit. Once you get to about 1000 unbuffed, I would start stacking Spell Power as opposed to Spirit. Now, I am really only talking about gems/enchants more than gear. I highly doubt you'd be able to choose between SP and Spirit, so I'm not really meaning that.

I would just go over your gear and see how much +spirit gems/enchants you have and consider moving them to Spell Power versions of the same thing. If you don't have any +spirit gems/enchants then I would just ignore this.

YES, I know Spirit adds to +healing and so forth.. and I'm not saying it's bad at all. Don't flame for this, I'm just meaning... I've found that after I get enough to never run out of mana (which imo is 1000 spirit) I switched to gemming SP and was happy I did so.

Anyway, this is just a minor suggestion anyway and if you ignored it you would obviously still be perfectly fine.

I would agree with Froppy and drop some spirit. If you have 45 spirit enchanted on your weapon I would switch it over to 50/63 sp. Currently my guild is clearing Naxx25/Maly25 and should get our first 3d pull tonight as long as everyone focuses. My character profile is http://us.wowarmory.com/character-sh...mar&n=Ratherma if you wanted to take a look.

We will never get crits on hots.. WE ARE ALREADY OP healers - that would just make paladins useless :

I think spirit is needed; but Mana regen shouldnt be an issue - Spell power on weapon of 63 is better than 45 spirit. Even if you spirit is low.

Do you have 18 spirit on you boots or icewalker (which is pretty much USELESS for resto druids)

Also - Spirit gems are not very good... Get the 50/50 spirit / spell gems.. The 16 spirit blue gems are really not worth it.

I only have unbuffed 800 spirit and that seems to be enough for me.. Maybe your just over healing and OOMing too early.

Deleted

excuse me, but what for druids need haste? i mean they use hots, not direct heals

or is it mainly just to lower gcd? if yes, then what are the numbers to lower by one second?

Quote Originally Posted by SadWarrior
    excuse me, but what for druids need haste? i mean they use hots, not direct heals

or is it mainly just to lower gcd? if yes, then what are the numbers to lower by one second?
    It's mainly to lower the GCD - lower GCD means more HoTs out during your LB rotation(s). With Gift of the Earthmother you need 15.4% Haste to reduce the GCD to 1s. This is 505 Haste Rating, but with raid buffs you generally only need about 250-300 to get to 1s GCD, which is pretty easy actually.

After the GCD on HoTs is 1s, the benefit of Haste is greatly reduced, however it's still not worthless for Regrowth and Nourish.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

lol simply put sp > spirit.... more sp bigger ticks on hots = more hps

i use straight sp gems with jc'ing and my mana isnt at all a problem during 3d sarth or any other fight

imo you just cant gain enough +heals gearing/gemming spirit

i use regrowth/swiftmend/lb for my major glyphs

http://us.wowarmory.com/character-sh...crusher&n=Bltz

Quote Originally Posted by Mikki
    Ignore people saying swap you Lifebloom for Regrowth. Swap Innervate Glyph as mana is a joke and you dont need to inprove you mana. on the last 3 bosses in Naxx25 the other day I used no pots and gave my innervate to Holy Priest and still finished with over 50% mana.
    Innervate glyph is still just awesome. Lifebloom glyph is not needed.
    Some like Replenish and some like 3 in seed.
    Seed adds a lot of power to your regrowth and turns your regrowth into your main heal when you actually need to do more than throw rejuv and lifebloom.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratherma
    I would agree with Froppy and drop some spirit. If you have 45 spirit enchanted on your weapon I would switch it over to 50/63 sp. Currently my guild is clearing Naxx25/Maly25 and should get our first 3d pull tonight as long as everyone focuses. My character profile is http://us.wowarmory.com/character-sh...mar&n=Ratherma if you wanted to take a look.
    I like stacking spirit because it allows me to do crazy things like solo heal 10 mans or heal both range tanks and the off tank in 4h Naxx10 by myself. However, I only gear for spirit. All of my enchants are spell power and all of my gems are spell power + spirit/haste.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

lol innervate glyph is not needed, as for the lb glyph imo it is that 1 sec is just that much haste you dont have to get and gearing spirit its just not worth it...sure you can end a fight at full mana but you have shitty hps and you do that much less healing in general

Quote Originally Posted by bltz
    lol innervate glyph is not needed, as for the lb glyph imo it is that 1 sec is just that much haste you dont have to get and gearing spirit its just not worth it...sure you can end a fight at full mana but you have shitty hps and you do that much less healing in general
    'Gearing' for spirit basically only means sacrificing haste or crit, neither of which are all that great (but as long as your mana can last, spirit isn't all that great either).

As for the innervate glyph, with that decent amount of spirit (800+) you can usually cast your innervate on another class who actually can make use of the mana, and still get decent enough returns for yourself to last the fight. Certainly not a waste.

Personally I don't think increasing the lifebloom from 9 to 10 secs would make all that much difference to my healing output, and in some cases might make it worse - fights like Loatheb or Grobbulus I time the bloom to go off exactly when the heals are needed. Having a longer time for that to go off might screw up those timings.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

lol not at all cast 1sec later