Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Blessing of kings, ret spec?

0/10/61 is the only way to go for pve, you got 2 points to spend on what you think you like the most: Vindication, Divine purpose or Imp retribution aura, I got mine in vindication for all the thrash and soloing but it's up to you and doesn't really matter .

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...00000000000000

seals of the pure is for fights when you can't use blood/martyr (like loatheb) and because there's nothing better to do w/ it

i can also see getting imp ret aura (and imp might) if you want it instead to help the tanks w/ aggro

you probably dont need imp might because as has been stated above thats for holy

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by tolkienfanman
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...00000000000000

seals of the pure is for fights when you can't use blood/martyr (like loatheb) and because there's nothing better to do w/ it

i can also see getting imp ret aura (and imp might) if you want it instead to help the tanks w/ aggro

you probably dont need imp might because as has been stated above thats for holy
    and which seal do you use on loatheb? righteosness?

seriously, i use blood on loatheb all the time. healers keep an extra eye out to me and i watch myself not going to low.
    if you get to low you can always bubble and heal yourself.

I think every paladin knows...kings is ret's job.
    most holy paladins will have improved might anyway so its up to the retadins to bring everyone's favorite buff

Ret should DEFINITELY be buffing Kings in raid.

every pve ret pala must have kings,or else you are a terribad pally

There are several different options for specs based on the group makeup but here is my thoughts on how an optimal benefit for the entire raid with 4 paladins.

Prot Paladin 0/54/17 Devo aura
    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...00000000000000

This paladin will buff the raid with sanctuary -3% damage received by the entire raid. This spec also gives +15 movement speed so the tank can take the higher stam enchant on boots instead of speed.

Ret Paladin 0/12/59 Ret aura
    http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...12302135231351

This paladin will buff the raid with Kings. With heart of the crusader talented will also be providing the raid with +3% crit on the judged target. This spec also gives +15 movement to help improve dps for movement fights.

Holy Paladin 52/0/18 Concentration Aura

(Might/Holy light spec. This spec is the primary MT healer)
    This paladin buffs the entire raid with imp Might. This spec will give more reduced cast time for holy light then many other specs while maintaining the highest crit possible.With heart of the crusader talented will also be providing the raid with +3% crit on the judged target.

Holy Paladin 53/0/18 Resist aura

This paladin buffs the raid with imp Wisdom. This paladin is the dispell cleanse/pruify spec. THis spec has a reduced mana cost for dispelling and provides +30% resist to dispelled targets for 10sec. With heart of the crusader talented will also be providing the raid with +3% crit on the judged target.

Over all the 4 paladins combined add the following to the raid.

Kings, Imp Wisdom, Imp Might, Sanctuary
    Devo aura +17 armor, +6% healing, Ret aura +3% damage, Concentration aura reduced loss of cast time. Shorter silences, resist aura of choice damage reduction to specific magic school.

In addition to the Blessings buffs received
    +17% armor
    -3% all raid damage received,
    +3% crit for entire raid on judged targets
    +6% healing to entire raid
    -10% to silence/interrupt time
    Each target can be judged with light/wisdom/judgment at all times providing a mana, healing, and movement bonus to the raid.

The overall point is it costs Ret paladins the least to put 5 points into kings. Holy paladins would lose 5% crit to take kings. Prot paladins points are better spent on threat and mitigation talents.
    Imp might and imp wisdom can eaisly be provided by Holy paladins as there is nothing better to spec into for that position in the talent tree.

Not sure why anyone is putting the 2 remaining points in stoicism in the prot tree...imp ret aura actually does damage for your tanks and helps them, especially your protadins, build threat. Want to maximize dps and raid utility? 0/10/61. End of story.

15+ Year Old Account

stoicism makes no sense for PVE. its a selfish talent for paladins. imp ret aura..well..its better for pvp(vs melee) then its for pve. boss fights it hits for 100dmg extra or so. not really interesting. rather have vindication for faster trash clearing

15+ Year Old Account

Thanks for the help everyone

Got my spec now i just need..gear or something.

It's prot's job to sanc the raid, can't even consider getting kings when I need to put sanc on all the tanks, someone else needs to kings the raid.

Ret really has the points to spare, holy gives up 3% crit, prot has the points but is already doing a different blessing.

So depending on how many paladins you have, the priority is ret>holy>prot.

Quote Originally Posted by Aloysius
    Not sure why anyone is putting the 2 remaining points in stoicism in the prot tree...imp ret aura actually does damage for your tanks and helps them, especially your protadins, build threat. Want to maximize dps and raid utility? 0/10/61. End of story.
    Honestly those last two points are a throw in.... both are pretty worthless. No protadin should need imp ret aura for threat reasons... However yes it is more worth while then stoicism for boss fights. I have found stoicism very useful for 5 mans and for raids with larger trash pulls.

I think pretty much everyone can agree that it is personal choice for the last two points.

15+ Year Old Account

1. 0/10/61 is the best specc for ret.
    2. leave out every pvp talent (pick up imp ret aura)
    3. then u shud have 3 points left, now the best way to use theese is to put 2 of them into 15% run / 50% disarm reduce, tho i have never been disarmed in pve, u never know when it might ocour.
    4. I put point in SOC for bg pvp, it's your choice but i recomend u to do it.

and last and most important and most relevant to the thread.
    ret palas do kings, end of discusion.
    if u can't tell me wherever we can spend those 5 points anywhere else to improve raid/self.
    then dont tell otherwise cause picking up pvp talents for pve is just silly. tho 15% run speed is an intended pvp specc, it stil increases damage done by 0.(something) %.
    for increase time on boss if u need to run somewhere, also increase our ability to survive so we wont die on safety dange

now about ret aura, it does ca 400-500 dmg improved (depending on gear).
    do u seriusly think that it doesn't speed up the run? i mean like WTF?? noob: is useless cause tank shudnt need bonus threat.
    thats 100% corect but it does 100000 times more damage than any other talent u coud pick instead. simply because none of the other talents boost ur attack by not even 1 damage in a whole 25 man naxx run.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by kailtas
    1. 0/10/61 is the best specc for ret.
    2. leave out every pvp talent (pick up imp ret aura)
    3. then u shud have 3 points left, now the best way to use theese is to put 2 of them into 15% run / 50% disarm reduce, tho i have never been disarmed in pve, u never know when it might ocour.
    4. I put point in SOC for bg pvp, it's your choice but i recomend u to do it.

and last and most important and most relevant to the thread.
    ret palas do kings, end of discusion.
    if u can't tell me wherever we can spend those 5 points anywhere else to improve raid/self.
    then dont tell otherwise cause picking up pvp talents for pve is just silly. tho 15% run speed is an intended pvp specc, it stil increases damage done by 0.(something) %.
    for increase time on boss if u need to run somewhere, also increase our ability to survive so we wont die on safety dange

now about ret aura, it does ca 400-500 dmg improved (depending on gear).
    do u seriusly think that it doesn't speed up the run? i mean like WTF?? noob: is useless cause tank shudnt need bonus threat.
    thats 100% corect but it does 100000 times more damage than any other talent u coud pick instead. simply because none of the other talents boost ur attack by not even 1 damage in a whole 25 man naxx run.
    vindication makes trash killing alot faster then imp ret aura. -20% stats on mobs? yes plx!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet
    vindication makes trash killing alot faster then imp ret aura. -20% stats on mobs? yes plx!
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?pala...h=122114020301

I'm using this talent build atm. Seems to work well for me. I did have Vindication but dropped it for 15% movement and 50% disarm reduction. Bosses are immune to Vindication so thought it would be better to have a bit more mobility.
    [/url]

most trash is immune to it too. I've completely excluded vindication from my pve spec.

alot of trash is immune to vindication. two points are just exactly that extra. Those two points rets can put anywhere and not feel like *they need this specific talent * for pve. if people think pallies are being selfish by taking stoicism well thats your opinion. Stoicism doesnt hurt anyone in raid, imp ret is meh but speccing is a matter of personal play style, so i say good to those that like to spec a certain way. i personally have guardian's favor to help mages and aoers when they pull aggro on trash aoe packs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodak
    There are several different options for specs based on the group makeup but here is my thoughts on how an optimal benefit for the entire raid with 4 paladins.

Prot Paladin 0/54/17 Devo aura

This paladin will buff the raid with sanctuary -3% damage received by the entire raid. This spec also gives +15 movement speed so the tank can take the higher stam enchant on boots instead of speed.
    Huh?

That could very well be the worst way I´ve ever seen to spec a tankadin.

I could do better after I´ve wasted 5 points on Kings tbh.
    1/2 Improved Judgement should be 2/2
    0/2 Judgements of the Just should be 2/2
    Reckoning is awful and scales very badly with gear since the better gear you get, the worse Reckoning gets.
    Conviction is awful aswell why would anyone take that.
    10 points is what you want in retri really, so that you can get Pursuit of justice for a total of 12 points. If you got points to spare after that it´s absolutely fine to put them in Benediction to take you up from 3/5.

Seeing as Zodak's build is near identical to mine, I should point a few things out.

Quote Originally Posted by DepecheMode
    1/2 Improved Judgement should be 2/2
    Research 96969 rotation. It's the highest possible threat rotation a protection paladin can produce right now. It judges every 9 seconds, making a second point worthless.

0/2 Judgements of the Just should be 2/2
    Wrong, someone should should pick up the 20% speed reduction, it doesn't need to be the paladin. My guild runs two frost DK's (one tank one dps) who both have the imp icy talons talent making JoJ pointless. It depends entirely on the guild and group make-up. (Warriors can get it too)

Reckoning is awful and scales very badly with gear since the better gear you get, the worse Reckoning gets.
    Your choice is reckoning or imp HoJ. Honestly, neither of them really help but you need to get further down the tree.

Conviction is awful aswell why would anyone take that.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=sZ0xVAcuMteIRGoxo
    What in this build would truly increase your survival? Even after an unnecessary JoJ, you have points to spare. Conviction is threat, granted, we don't need that but you have points to burn.

10 points is what you want in retri really, so that you can get Pursuit of justice for a total of 12 points. If you got points to spare after that it´s absolutely fine to put them in Benediction to take you up from 3/5.
    Truly a matter of preference.

Please, link your personal spec. You're the kind of person that puts 60+ points in prot right?