DW Spec - Weapons & Gear

From my research I found that the best dps DW spec has the BASIC following talents:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...h=131204060502

The rest of the points + glyphs are debatable in terms of which is best dps, a person might go deep frost to FS or go deep Unholy for Bone Shield and Crypt Fever.
    One way or another, the spec isn't so different in terms of rotation.

Now, what concerns me is the gear, I read somewhere on these forums that the Tier set 7.5 is not as good as the random drops 7.5 equal in terms of item level, not as good for DW spec Deathknights.

I read the DW should always gem for hit rating to the MAX, but I cant really see why is that. Correct me if I am wrong on any on the mentioned info. Oh, and last the DW highst dps sigil would be Icy touch 208+ dmg ? not the Obliterate one from 25 nax ?

Well, thats what I know. What do you know? Please inlight me because I want to know more about DW dps. Thank you.

Re: DW Spec - Weapons & Gear

As duel wield you shouldn`t go all out hit rating. Go get hit capped for your normal hits (300`ish), then stop stacking hit. The tier 7/7.5 is not useless for a duel wielder, but the set bonus is. You wont use Obliterate or Scourge Strike much becouse those 2 are weapon based damage ability's, which just isn`t worth it as a duel wielder. You want to use your runes for HB and IT as much as possible.

If you want more info, you should go to the EJ forums tbh. Lots and lots of info over there about duel wield/tri-spec.

Re: DW Spec - Weapons & Gear

Since the T 7.5 set bonuses give OB and SS bonuses and for example 0/32/39 doesnt use either you can forget the setbonuses, so yes i'd say that the random pieces are better.
    For hit you need atleast 8% melee hit so the specials dont miss, for spellhit with 3/3 virulence the optimal is 11% meaning you've got 3% from SP or boomkin and 1% from a draenei (if you're alliance ofc).
    About the gems...if you cant get hitcapped without gems, then yes, gem them...but after you're capped pure str is the best by far since it gives us most AP and converting that to spellpower.
    The sigil thing...hmm, i've been running 32/39 for quite a long time now and got all 3, awareness, icy touch thingy, and the crit rating which you can buy with badges, same applies with the sigil of awareness and tier setbonuses, awareness gives bonus damage to OB and SS and the "best" DW specs dont use either so its totally useless, from what i've been testing icy touch is slightly better then the crit one cos the proc rate is abyssmal.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...l+Tiras&n=Wiha

Theres my armory, i know i've got too much hit but waiting to replace few items to even it out.

For more info go to www.deathknight.info or www.plaguechill.com i find those sites better then the usual EJ which quite some time ago didnt know shit about DW