Curious - about spell power for frost?

Please please please please don't flame me. I just want to know the mechanics. Now I know that partially our AP increases the spell damage or something along those lines, but does spell power increase DnD/IB and all that stuff?

Reason I ask is because I saw a friend of mine who is a DK who did Kara and he did not have the luckiest drops but he picked up some Paladin gear because it was better then what he was wearing. In doing so with the spell gear he saw an increase with DnD (maybe it was his eyes? dunno) and he saw an increase with IB and Howling Blast. When I say increase I mean a lvl 70 DK who's DnD was ticking for 150-180 and criting for 250. His Icy Blast was criting for 1500-2k and his Howling Blast was hitting for 2k-3k at level 70. And even Frost Strike was hitting for like 2k-2.5k. He is frost specced..

So ultimately my question is... are these normal? Have people tested grabbing abunch of green cloth +spell gear and testing out the theory? Or are these normal damage markers for a lvl 70 frost specced DK. So please if I could have logical answers and no flames.. Just curious about how that stuff works.

Thank you.

Re: Curious - about spell power for frost?

I dont really remember the levels i was at level 70. Ive never tested spell damage. I wont say decisively yes or no.
    but i would ask: was the gear an upgrade to strength at all? I cant think of any "pally" gear in kara that has spell damage and strength on it. so was he losing "DK" melee stats to pick up the spell damage?

The answer is no. Spell power doesn't affect ANY DK's ability. AP is the only thing than can improve your damage.

I can't remember exactly; I know it was some shoulders he picked up. But if it is AP only well then that solves that issue lol. Thank you.

I am of the opinion that nobody should play a DK until they have read http://elitistjerks.com/f47/t36638-d...night_pve_dps/ all the way through. It clearly tells you what stats and talents are best, from a dps perspective.

15+ Year Old Account

/facepalm

Please learn the basic mechanics of the class before thinking your thoughts are revolutionary.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia
    /facepalm

Please learn the basic mechanics of the class before thinking your thoughts are revolutionary.
    It was an honest question. I know I didn't wonder about it, but it's also not unreasonable. Lighten up Janice, this is a forum where people might be trying to learn something. Don't act like this is srs bsns.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkduck
    Oh god, i sure hope I don't reincarnate into a bad DPS because of my bad karma. It would suck to have to cry every patch because I'm afraid to lose my raid spot.