Just a couple Questions/Comments about Holy...

Im just looking for a couple comments and answers...

So I recently switched my main character from my hunter to my Pally, and since the new patches just have some questions about Holy Pallys.

1. I see that the Sacred Sheild only absorbs 500 damage... but I noticed on Malygos that the sheild stays up for more than like 3-4 hits... but the tank still takes damage.... is the sheild not taking the damage?

2. About enchants/gems.. is there a better enchant for boots than icewalker... thought about the Greater Vitility.. but not to sure. Which Meta gems is best, I am using the [21 crit rating + 3% crit damage] is there a better one than that?

3. Is the 2 set bonus really worth replace with a best in slot piece? (shoulders from 25 man Malygos)

Thansk for your Time.
    Just leave your comments please. Holy Pally just looking for some insight from other players

Re: Just a couple Questions/Comments about Holy...

Quote Originally Posted by Mukaki

So I recently switched my main character from my hunter to my Pally, and since the new patches just have some questions about Holy Pallys.

1. I see that the Sacred Sheild only absorbs 500 damage... but I noticed on Malygos that the sheild stays up for more than like 3-4 hits... but the tank still takes damage.... is the sheild not taking the damage?

2. About enchants/gems.. is there a better enchant for boots than icewalker... thought about the Greater Vitility.. but not to sure. Which Meta gems is best, I am using the [21 crit rating + 3% crit damage] is there a better one than that?

3. Is the 2 set bonus really worth replace with a best in slot piece? (shoulders from 25 man Malygos)

Thansk for your Time.
    Just leave your comments please. Holy Pally just looking for some insight from other players
    1. SS is on a 6cd internal CD. So It can proc once every 6 seconds, will add up to 3k dmg (aside from the FoL crit increase).
    2. Icewalker is the best atm. Sadly. I use spell + int % as meta. Int is your new MP5.
    3. 2 set isn't really worth it imo, but the 4pc is really nice.

Thansk for your Time.
    1. what the guy above me said
    2. Icewalker is best atm, I use http://www.wowhead.com/?item=41401 for a meta
    3. 2pc is ok with Infusion of Light talented, but dont replace something sweet for that. 4pc is awesome

Yea I just started main raiding with my pally so I only have the 2 peice.... cant wait for the 4 peice... its really nice i know

Oh, and is it me or is there other people that use Holy shock to heal alot more often than usual... I prolly use it 25% of the time according to recount....(trash) Now on like Patchwork i try to work it in between Holy lights to see if i can get it to proc...

Oh, and is it me or is there other people that use Holy shock to heal alot more often than usual... I prolly use it 25% of the time according to recount....(trash) Now on like Patchwork i try to work it in between Holy lights to see if i can get it to proc...
    With enough haste, you won't need the proc... Soft Cap on haste, use judgements once a min and you will have 1 sec HL cast (1 sec GCD, so perfect). I'm at 1.3 sec HL atm :P. Helps out alot. But imo HS is nice as a panic button. For when you don't have 1 min, if it crits, its about 10k+.

How much haste are we talking? like 300? because a 1 second HL would be amazing.

1 sec HL is what you get when you crit on HS, and have cast a HL whitin the last 12 sec. If you also judge, you will get this down to .85 sec. With some haste, say 500 or 15%, you get HL without HS, but with Light's Grace down to 1.5 sec more or less, and .75 sec with SH crit.

Enough haste to make HL a 1 sec cast wihout HS crit is kinda usless, better to stopp at when you go FL to 1 sec. Ur HL will be more then fast enough at 1.5-1.4

Quote Originally Posted by custos
    1 sec HL is what you get when you crit on HS, and have cast a HL whitin the last 12 sec. If you also judge, you will get this down to .85 sec. With some haste, say 500 or 15%, you get HL without HS, but with Light's Grace down to 1.5 sec more or less, and .75 sec with SH crit.

Enough haste to make HL a 1 sec cast wihout HS crit is kinda usless, better to stopp at when you go FL to 1 sec. Ur HL will be more then fast enough at 1.5-1.4
    I'm sitting on 1.4-1.3 with Lights Grace and Judgement. The rating is mentioned somewhere here on the forums, was 600+, Im on 513. But HL 1sec will negate the FoL complety, since it won't be usefull anymore. The fastest and biggest single target heal ingame 1 sec cast. That's what I'm aiming for.

Just don't overheal, learn to sopt cast. Thats it. I've got a macro which helps me greatly in healing. A lot more reaction then the normal 1 sec FoL, since it consumes mana when you're overhealing.

In the end it is a question of preference. There are still 2 different types of paladin healers, both of which has their own itemization. I'm more of a HL and will go for Int>spell>crit/haste (till capped). Where as a FoL healer will go for Int>Spell>Crit/Mp5>haste. Totally depends on your playstyle.

I see where you mentioned a MOD that helps you out nicely.. whats the mod.. and what other mods are usefull?

I just use X-pearl unit frames... some peopel dont like it, but i have it set up so that it is easy for me. I hear healbot is a good one, but I tried that once and it was way to confusing.

Grid is a mandatory Healer mod. The rest of the raiding mods that I use (Bartender, Recount, Xperl, ClassTimer, etc) are nice and very helpful, but I could probably still heal just fine without them. You simply cannot perform your duties without Grid or some other addon with the same functionality. I do not think Xperl alone has enough of the right kinds of functionality (I don't believe it can show aggro, incoming heals or cleansable debuffs). HealBot fills this role but, personally, I think Grid does better. Either will do just fine though.

PallyPower is another addon no pally should be without.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Pallypower is mandatory in my guild and should be for EVERY paladin. That addon is insane.

Yea right now i uaully run with PallyPower and Xpearl.. an yeas Xpearl will show me who has aggro and who is needed for a cleanse... it wont show me the ones that i can not cleanse which is nice. Onyl one i hate is the arcane mages with that debuff/buff or w.e. that they want that makes them do more damage. I looked up that addon ClassTimer, i will definately be downloading that tonight when i get home. (at work atm)

Is Grid like a unit frame? not to familiar with it.