Great thread on DD forum with GC response

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...sid=1&pageNo=1

The ridiculous trade offs from choosing between Fel armor and Demon Armor have been bothering me for a while. I don't mind that warlocks have to choose between two armors but as it is locks either have gimped survivability with fel armor or gimped damage with demon armor. It's like locks are balanced around having both but they only get to have 1 at a time.

Here was another great read I saw later in the thread:

The curse mechanic baffles me. It’s archaic.

In pve, most warlocks just cast CoA, because all the other curses are superfluous. Other classes can passively cover their status effects in some way. We cast CoA, because it’s the only useful curse we have.

In pvp, we lose a lot of dps by favoring CoA over, say, CoT on a Paladin. It’s the only instant dot we have that is not a magic effect. Like what you said about armors, I think we’re too dependent on it.

Not only that, the mechanic is old. In WotLK, Paladins’ judgments were changed so that in addition to their debuffs, all Paladin judgments also did some damage. Buffs were also separated into short and long duration buffs (hands vs. blessings) because, well, they serve two different functions and it was kind of silly to have to rebuff someone with Kings after tossing Freedom on them.

Other warlocks might cringe at this, but I really think CoA ought to be completely done away with and rolled into their other curses which should be made more useful. Make all curses dots with status effects and maybe Curse of Weakness might be worth casting on a warrior.
    Specifically the suggestion I bolded. That would give curses so much more flavor. All I do in PvE is CoA now that other curses are outdone by other classes. Actually having a use for the other curses would be so nice.

Re: Great thread on DD forum with GC response

Come back when you can only use your most important offensive abilities with one armor up, and only use your most important defensive abilities with the other.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    Come back when you can only use your most important offensive abilities with one armor up, and only use your most important defensive abilities with the other.
    Ya cause casting demon armor is like respeccing prot war and I'm gonna tank Naxx bosses.

Ok. I'm getting pissed awhile reading this. I started playing in S1. reached 70 in S2. Played UA with a holy pally on an extremely bad laptop. did terribly but enjoyed it. Now I'm being told that the current lock status is acceptable because I apparently laughed at people during S1. Right.

For those of you who are bitter about locks mocking you on the forums during S1-S2. These locks are now rogues wearing pink festive dresses and using cannibalise on the corpse of a lock that they just killed in 4 gcd's.

Locks were fotm, dont blame current locks, blame scrubs who rolled locks in swarms.

This guy has some generally nice ideas. Shadowflame increasing Destro damage would force boss hugging in pve is the only real flaw I see.

Read the whole post, this guy knows what he says.

But where's GC's post ?
    i Can't find it
    Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.

Quote Originally Posted by Skivoh
    Read the whole post, this guy knows what he says.

But where's GC's post ?
    i Can't find it
    page 10

"Thanks for a clear, no-nonsense post. Good stuff. "

The cloth vs melee situation is broken, and cannot be fixed. Nothing blizz can do can undo whats happened. Whats happened you ask? Blizz has given the highest armored or stealthed classes the highest burst dmg in the game. Brilliant. Seriously ..WTF were you fukin thinking? Hey, lets take the most vulnrable, squishiest classes in the game, and give then the LEAST amount of burst dmg in the game. This qualifies for a "I broke fantasy gaming and im a piece of shit". If they gave casters a way to instantly nuke people for 14k(zero cast time) people would lose their freaking minds. But hey guess what, thats only for classes like rogues. Plus hey , get a clue blizz, melee classes perform DPS while they can move, casters have to freaking stand still in one spot to do any real dmg. Hey maybe I could jump around n spam attacks on someone else, while they couldnt do jack...nahhh... And so this leads all to the MONEY issue$$$$$. PVP attendence? in the toilet. What will be done? Who knows. In the meantime I'm staying away from anywhere some fuggin noob can spam stun, n attack on me while I cant do jack to defend myself. Gratz Blizz on decreased player useage of pvp overall.

I liked the post, ignore tigercat who in his dumb ass statement is comparing changing armor around to changing stances? zzzzz soon he'll start comparing Mana with rage
    Hi

My point was simply that crying about having tradeoffs when there are other classes with more radical tradeoffs they have to deal with is a tad ridiculous.

Hell even DKs are worse off in that field, considering how much defense they get from frost presence vs the flat 15% damage on blood.

Doesn't mean any of the three or overpowered or underpowered, just that that particular complaint is nothing special.

PS: Last time I compared rage to mana in any context it was referring to how ridiculously strong Blessing of Sanctuary is for only one spec out of 30 to have access to it. Last I checked Blizzard has started to agree with that idea.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

Quote Originally Posted by direlock
    The cloth vs melee situation is broken, and cannot be fixed. Nothing blizz can do can undo whats happened. Whats happened you ask? Blizz has given the highest armored or stealthed classes the highest burst dmg in the game. Brilliant. Seriously ..WTF were you fukin thinking? Hey, lets take the most vulnrable, squishiest classes in the game, and give then the LEAST amount of burst dmg in the game. This qualifies for a "I broke fantasy gaming and im a piece of shit". If they gave casters a way to instantly nuke people for 14k(zero cast time) people would lose their freaking minds. But hey guess what, thats only for classes like rogues. Plus hey , get a clue blizz, melee classes perform DPS while they can move, casters have to freaking stand still in one spot to do any real dmg. Hey maybe I could jump around n spam attacks on someone else, while they couldnt do jack...nahhh... And so this leads all to the MONEY issue$$$$$. PVP attendence? in the toilet. What will be done? Who knows. In the meantime I'm staying away from anywhere some fuggin noob can spam stun, n attack on me while I cant do jack to defend myself. Gratz Blizz on decreased player useage of pvp overall.
    You haven't played a mage yet, have you? And, let me guess... you're playing Affliction in PvP? I have to agree, warlocks aren't the top of the food chain at the moment, but they are far away from being instantly nuked down if played well and with the right gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat
    My point was simply that crying about having tradeoffs when there are other classes with more radical tradeoffs they have to deal with is a tad ridiculous.

Hell even DKs are worse off in that field, considering how much defense they get from frost presence vs the flat 15% damage on blood.

Doesn't mean any of the three or overpowered or underpowered, just that that particular complaint is nothing special.

PS: Last time I compared rage to mana in any context it was referring to how ridiculously strong Blessing of Sanctuary is for only one spec out of 30 to have access to it. Last I checked Blizzard has started to agree with that idea.
    Why don't you read

I don't mind that warlocks have to choose between two armors but as it is locks either have gimped survivability with fel armor or gimped damage with demon armor.
    Demon armor doesn't let Locks tank raid bosses like a prot warrior or DK in frost presence. Frankly a warrior and lock on equal footing will see the warrior doing more dps as well.