Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Crafting Legendary items once again

IMO, It something along the lines of the Atiesh quest line. You kill/defeat/whatever Arthas, and Frostmourne shatters,the explosion is so big it sends shards everywhere, you take the hilt back to Tirion. Who then sends you all over every continent, and every raid dungeon to fight a special boss that appears if you have the hilt (phasing ftw). After getting all the pieces, you have to smelt a special ore, something like elementium from BWL. After all that, you take it back to Light's Hope, where it is consecrated on holy ground, giving you a redeemed/purified Frostmourne.

D'oh! current attainable right right forgot about the splinters and misread it.
    I'm on hiatus. Waiting till summer/cataclysm to get back to my sexy orc warlock. You jealous!

The one thing I heard that I think is quite plausible is that when you kill Arthas, the possesion of the Lich King over Arthas will cease to exist, the sword will drop to the floor ( in a raggy's mace type fashion) and it will shatter upon contact with the floor leaving a power/energy shard that can be somehow made into a weapon by magics done by the Kirin Tor or something, that makes it easy for blizz to have a legendary for casters/melee/tanks all that stuff.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by kailtas
    well the original ashbringer got crafted
    the crystal in the middle of the blade was found in grim'batol by uther.
    when he found it. it was pure darkness and after some lore bla bla bla some mages succesfully managed to turn it to the oposite. pure light.
    the scarlet crusade decided to craft a legendary sword wich they succesfully did.

later it got corupted etc etc.

but the points is that it woudnt sound 100% unreal to be able to craft several ones if we will ever face the deathwing in wotlk.
    as the pure darkness came from there
    Im not the kind to usualy pick at peoples lore but this is rather wrong and being a lore whore it bugged me xD

It was found by Mograine not Uther (already been said but still) and it was found in Blackrock Spire not Grim Batol.

It was purifyed not by mages but by a group of paladins and priests that had gathered in Southshore, all of which where high ranking members of The Knights of The Silver Hand.

After its purification the crystal was taken to ironforge and placed within a blade creating, huzzah, The Ashbringer (named after Mograine btw) crafted by The Knights of The Silver Hand NOT The Scarlet Crusade which didnt exist at that time.

It was corrupted by Renault Mograin when he killed his Father Alexandros Mograine the true owner of Ashbringer, Renault went on to Create The Scarlet Crusade with his Childhood friend and sweetheart Whitemaine.........Ah lore how i love the so.

As for the Legendry debate there are arguments supporting Frostmourne being a *shudder* drop, aswell as the idea that with Ner'zhul gone the frostmourne looses its soul stealing power and just becomes a powerful weapon.

Personaly im in the oppinion that Legendrys should be obtained through a rare drop that starts and actualy hard quest chain that spans many raids, the whole warglaives thing was just pathetic and the Skull of Guldan only being an epic drop...well that, that was just laughable.
    I have loved to the point of madness; That which is called madness, That which to me, is the only sensible way to love.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eeket/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Greenfinger
    The one thing I heard that I think is quite plausible is that when you kill Arthas, the possesion of the Lich King over Arthas will cease to exist, the sword will drop to the floor ( in a raggy's mace type fashion) and it will shatter upon contact with the floor leaving a power/energy shard that can be somehow made into a weapon by magics done by the Kirin Tor or something, that makes it easy for blizz to have a legendary for casters/melee/tanks all that stuff.
    This actually doesn't sound too bad...so long as i dont see any scrubs running around with the lich blade frostmourne. -.-

Deleted

i my humble opinion, kegendarys shouldn'z just drop, like the glaives from illidan.
    it should be something crafty after all, but the length and effort to complete it should not be that uber hard, but still something noteworthy

Quote Originally Posted by Nioxic
    u know what "current atainable" means?

u cannot get atiesh anymore. if you dont have it now, you're screwed
    you CAN still get atiesh ONLY if ur missing the part from c'thun . he still drops it!

I wouldn't count on anything for LK, most likely of what Blizz wants to do for the legendaries was decided months ago. I highly doubt they will change it. However saving the idea for during Beta for the next exp pack might be better.

maybe when you kill the lich king the deed to orgrimmar will drop also >.>

everyone's too loot needy now a days,,, welcome to WOTLK
    Quote Originally Posted by figginnoob
    Or, maybe you could start a trend by playing WoW with your elbows. Then you could say, "WoW! Look at me! I play WoW with my elbows! I'm HARDCORE!". Then you could feel satisfied knowing that you're awesome 'cause you play with your elbows and are much better than those sorry casual scrubs that don't.

As a long time Ashbringer enthusiast, I've been watching this thread and find that there are a number of ill informed people here. So im going to try to help. which of course means the trolls will have a field day.

first. Early last year Blizzard made a general statement regarding Legendaries. The statement was, essentially, that they were going to drift back towards quest based legendarys. So expect something more on the line of Thunderfury.

second, Ashbringer. last month Blizzard stated that the Ashbringer story line would END in chapter 3 of Wrath of the Lich King. for those that can't add. that means Ashbringer will be directly involved with the assault on The Lich King. IF it is the Legendary that will be associated with that Instance, then the start will probably drop of Arthas or something, although Thunderfury was drops of lead-up bosses in MC so who knows. As for Frostmourn, The comments made by Blizzard with that wonderful picture of Ownsusohard are pretty telling. I think it will be the 'quest item' that you bring back to Dalaran to get a cool ring.

third.and this is just a tid bit, but the name of the sword is Ashbringer. "THE Ashbringer" was Mograine. Wowwiki is your friend.

Fourth, I can't wait to see the Legendary that will be in Uldar. It has not gone without notice that Blizz is using the ashbringer/frostmourn controversy to over shadow the subject allowing them to keep the lid on THIS little gem. I bet its a caster item.

15+ Year Old Account

I'd be nice to have a Legendary quest thrown in. Probably for a weapon.

I kinda like the idea of the quest chain leading up to the Lich King fight, Tirion and him will go at it at some point and on a strike to the Lich King, Ashbringer will break apart (shards of it will become stuck in the Lich king) Tirion dies, but the lich king will now be weakend from the hit (and the kryptonite like shards) and we can finish him off.

we have a chance to loot 1 shard. which will be the last part of the chain, you take it to some guy who will then place it into a legendary.

i know kinda lame but hey, i'm no writer.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Glazkrak
    At blizzcon on one of the panels, they said taht tehy would like to get away from the super rare drop legendarys and revert back to quest chains. But who cares because artifacts will be the next awesome thing and your welfare legendarys for the casuals will be the next craze.
    /agree
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlor
    Deleted half the thread and gave someone a well deserved ban.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this forum is NOT grammar school, this forum IS a gaming community. We ask everyone to post in their best-as-possible English.

We do NOT want to see people getting bashed for poor English writing skills. I read the OP's post and I understood him perfectly fine if I put some effort into it. If you are unwilling to put effort into reading a post, please don't put effort in writing your unwanted opinion about it's grammar/spelling/choice of words.

Quote Originally Posted by Basutai
    I think I just heard some of my neurons committing suicide.

"Craftable" -- you mean like sulfuras, where it took the assloads-of-gold sulfuron hammer and THEN a chain quest longer than a political ad?

I prefer my legendaries exactly that -- hard to get and, well, the stuff of legend. If I or anyone else could go, run icecrown, scamper around picking up the lich king's helmet-chunks like they're the scattered candy of a Fugly pinata, and then take them to some tard with a yellow exclamation point over his head and tell him to give them a new piece of headgear with orange text, then all blizzard employees yould be on trial for crimes against the computer gaming industry.

Sorry for the harshness of my delivery of the dose of reality.
    lolharsh

otherwise i agree, cept for the trial part........drop legendaries aren't as legendary imo

Quote Originally Posted by kailtas
    well the original ashbringer got crafted
    the crystal in the middle of the blade was found in grim'batol by uther.
    when he found it. it was pure darkness and after some lore bla bla bla some mages succesfully managed to turn it to the oposite. pure light.
    the scarlet crusade decided to craft a legendary sword wich they succesfully did.

later it got corupted etc etc.

but the points is that it woudnt sound 100% unreal to be able to craft several ones if we will ever face the deathwing in wotlk.
    as the pure darkness came from there
    fail
    Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    Judging by your time played, I'm not sure you know what outside looks like, let alone school :P