Page 1 of 2
LastLast

HeartsObliterate Spec

This is a PVE/PVP build, AOE dmg will be lower than any other spec, but still useful. you will never top meters in the way of AOE but you will more than make up for it on bosses. Takes some getting used to, but it Obliterates lol.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...h=131216060504

15+ Year Old Account

Re: HeartsObliterate Spec

Right... Skipping good/great DPS talents does not make this a good DPS build. Death Rune Mastery is great. Toughness is worthless for DPS, drop it for 2 points rot and points in Black Ice. Killing Machine is good DPS. Imp Talons is replaceable in a lot of raids so taking it comes down to makeup.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=jfVMVh0IcfoxzhZGzxzIxb0b
    is a far better build for DPS but still in no way a good DPS build.

It does say PVE/PVP, and it can tank as well. Not to mention don't tell me how to make a spec, I had beta since release. For this spec killing machine is not required. I do not get talents unless it benefits 2 or more abilities, killing machine would be a waste to benefit only icy touch. Not only does toughness help for tanking, but in PVP in frost presence in PVP gear I have 35k armor, which means i ain't going down easy. Black Ice is another example of a useless 5 points. I went into frost for the utility not the spec and improved icy talons increases my haste at all times by 5% my attack speed in a raid with a 2h is 2.25 I put out a lot of dmg. Please read posts before replying.

this spec cannot tank sir - and for someone to have had this game since beta release (which i highly doubt) you should know that.

the truth is...there is no PVE/PVP spec...you can either be built to be great at one or you can be mediocre at both...imo go blood 51/13/7 for max boss dps or go unholy/some other crazy spec for pvp

Well you just need to be more constructive. Its also catered to how I play. Spec is is only a low percentage of being a good wow player. If you know how to play your shit, then you will do fine. The way i use this spec and my situational rotations are mine they allow me to do what I do. I do not tell my rotations to anyone but close friends. You are welcome to log on to Medivh and ask my guild how good I am if you want.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground
    Well you just need to be more constructive. Its also catered to how I play. Spec is is only a low percentage of being a good wow player. If you know how to play your shit, then you will do fine. The way i use this spec and my situational rotations are mine they allow me to do what I do. I do not tell my rotations to anyone but close friends. You are welcome to log on to Medivh and ask my guild how good I am if you want.
    If you somehow have rotations that aren't the one everyone uses you are either:
    A) The best WoW player ever
    B) doing it wrong

And you aren't some kind of revolutionary having not cleared even 10-man Naxx. So I am gonna go with B. But how you choose to play doesn't have to be the way everyone chooses to play. If you enjoy your hybrid spec like you enjoy your 2-h Shaman dps more power to you.

There are many different rotations to use, PVP is especially one of the big ones, depending on class, and that class spec I have a rotation for it. PVE it changes depending on group AOE DMG and single target DMG. Don't diss my shit please, and don't post if your going to be an ass.

I am in no way insulting your spec because if that is what you like then by all means, this is all personal preference/belief. Death chill is useless to anyone but a deep frost DK and even then I'd say that it's situational and not all that great (maybe only good for a tank who needs to lock aggro with a DC+HB). Blood doesn't rely near as much on RP so RP mastery IMO is a waste (I think it's a waste in most specs), chill to the grave is also wasted because that definitely benefits a deep frost DK much more (especially an IT spam DK). I won't argue Annihilation at all or even Icy Talons because as blood you will get benefit from the haste (auto attacks make up for a good deal of DPS so the constant 20% haste is nice) but I can't justify anything beyond those 2 talents. I'd think the spec would be much better off getting bloodgorged and having the 10% extra damage almost at all times for PVE damage and the expertise for both PVE and PVP. Dancing runic weapon is good for both applications because that's a good CD to really burn someone down in PVP and boost your damage in PVE. Hysteria is always good for PVE and it's only one point so why not grab it even for a hybrid PVP/PVE build (Plus if you have a dedicated healer in PVP it will rock people)? Also me personally I would grab blood aura so that way in any presence during PVP I get the base 4% health regen from damage done and the raid does too (so it has good applications for PVE and PVP utility). I adjusted points to get death rune mastery out of personal preference but it's not a necessity (it's just a huge convenience and can really buff DPS if you know how to setup rotations around it). If I was going to do a spec like this I would do it more along the lines of this...

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...h=132016060504

It's still not all that, but it would somewhat work for transitioning back and forth (a bit of survivability but picking up/maxing out most DPS talents). To me losing 4% off sudden doom isn't that bad, so I figured it was easier to drop a point there over anything else I could find in order to get vampiric blood for PVP. Also since you are picking up vampiric blood why wouldn't you glyph it as well? I mean for particular AoE fights in raids it could have a minor application and potentially save your life, but it's definitely more geared towards the PVP side of the spectrum for this build. I probably wouldn't ever do this build myself but if I was going to alter the build you posted that is how I would do it.

See now that is constructive feedback. I like constructive more than people Dissing my stuff. I was just posting it for people to try. It works for me so I am happy. and the 20% haste and 5% at all times makes up for the missed blood gorged dmg. Which some people will argue. The faster you attack the more dmg you do (if your at hit cap of course) but after you get hit cap for 2H, with this spec you have to stack haste. If you happen to drop beyond 75% health with blood gorged, whether in a raid or in PVP you lose the 10% dmg. which in some cases could be 1 hit in either situation (self health regains aside). My spec as long as i am using icy touch, (which we all do) is keeping that 20% up. I will do just as much if not more than a DK with Blood gorged. death Chill is purely PVP, it is very situational, but it makes those holy paladin pop their bubble pretty damn fast.

Technically with that build you wouldn't have to stack haste at all... You'd have 25% haste base no matter what if you always have Icy Touch going. So if that's the case why wouldn't you stack out Str? Personal preference but even though you do have the logic of stacking out haste will cause for faster and faster swings... really it will come to a point where it makes a marginal difference to stack more haste. I would think, you already have the haste, that means stacking out Str to make the already faster hits stronger. It's all about personal preference though.

Ya you are right. At some point you don't need to stack haste beyond it. You can then stack Strength or Crit (whatever your preference).

OR BOTH!

I was expecting a decent spec for the OB -> OB -> HSx2 -> HSx6 rotation, but I dunno even what this is.

Haste is usually ignored as a stat if the class doesn't truly gain much out of it. As a Blood Death Knight, I only do around 38% of my damage from white damage and procs based off of it (this includes Necrosis and Blood-caked Blade). Because of this and the fact that Necrosis and BCB are fairly lackluster, Haste is generally ignored. The only build that should truly eye down haste is a build that focuses on Killing Machine ( such as some of the dual-wield DK builds ) because haste isn't taken into account with the PPM calculation (i.e. PPM/(60/w_speed)).

Now see, there's a general problem with your build and it's really that you have no specialty. You skip Blood Gorged, which is a DPS gain for you and end up getting Improved Icy Talons instead... an Enhancement Shaman or another Death Knight could provide this buff for you. As Tv mentioned, Chill of the Grave and Runic Power Mastery are not that useful. I'd even go as far to say that Deathchill truly isn't worthwhile, because you have to go down too far (grabbing other said worthless talents) just to get it.

I'd say this would be one of those "Jack of all trades, master of none" builds.

@zelosjr: Just another DK underdog that thought he found a holy grail.

@conscript if you're not getting HB or FS killing machine is a waste of 5 talent points.

@unholyground 35k armor huh? Pretty impressive as i only have over 35k when i have UBA going. Icy talons isn't really that great for DK's, if you were a frost dps i would say take it for the raid buff, but since you're primarily blood i would drop it and go for blood gorged, hysteria (great buff!), and Death rune mastery. You don't really need chill of the grave as blood dk's aren't really short on RP much due to sudden doom. Death chill is also pretty useless if you don't have HB/FS since OB crits enough on it's own.

Also get the blood strike glyph, it works with heart strike.

clicky for armory

sweet jesus.....terrible build. There should be an IQ test before u get to play WoW.....we can only hope that hes on Alliance.

The dead know only one thing; it is better to be alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground
    This is a PVE/PVP build, AOE dmg will be lower than any other spec, but still useful. you will never top meters in the way of AOE but you will more than make up for it on bosses. Takes some getting used to, but it Obliterates lol.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...h=131216060504
    A good PvE spec cant be a good PvP spec, and visa versa. You just cant do it. I see what your trying to do but you realy missed out on allot of standard things, like killing machine. In PvP or PvE, if your obliterating, its a talent you must have or your gimpping yourself. As for tanking, Anything can tank, but tank well... I think not. It was a good try if you are new and just made that without looking at sombody elses.
    When people say "pls" just because its shorter then "please", I feel totally justified to say "No" just because its shorter then "Yes".

Deleted

Standard 17 0 54 is a good PvP spec too, got my ass to 2k.

true the standard unholy dk specs works for pvp tll you meet a pvpspecced unholy dk who eats you alive

what i miss in all those comments is that people are crying about the toughness talent.
    the thing is with this talent that it stackes with bladed armor, cause if you look both talents you see 1 increases your armor and the other 1 stacks with armor, so for all the tards out there saying that people are nubs taking touchness when there frost spec or some kind of other spec doesnt really matter, aslong as the have bladed armor your yust a noob reacting like that before knowing the facts.