Thread: Arms PvE Spec!

Arms PvE Spec!

Hey,I'm a Fury Warrior willing to try out Arms dps and I need some help...can you give me a nice talent spec?

I was thinking

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/ba...000000000#none

And...what's better...axe spec or mace?

Also what glyphs?

Re: Arms PvE Spec!

If you want to do arms, the best DPS spec for it atm is this IMO:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LcrhdfIt00bRffRtGx00xb

Axe specialization is the best of the options.

As far as glyphs go, the must have would be Mortal Strike. Other than that, I'm not sure.

It'd probably be between execute, sweeping strikes, and glyph of rending. Of those I'd probably recommend execute and rending.
    Prot: 31661 HP, 23.6k armor, 23.2% dodge, 20.2% parry, 25% block, 25 exp.
    Fury: 4k AP, 38% crit, 10% hit, 7% exp

Always will be prot main spec.

Cookie Cutter Arms Spec
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LhrcdfIt00bRffRtGx00xb

Glyphs
    Major - MS, Rend, Execute
    Minor - Who really cares...Battle, Bloodrage, Charge

Axe is better, but its really whatever slowest weapon you can grab...if its Cryptfiends or Betrayer you are axe, if its Jawbone you are mace.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

I would point out that mace spec is TERRIBLE (only a 4.2% increase in raid damage, and even then only on your non-bleed damage) that gets worse (down to 3.4%) when armor debuffs is on the target.

So mace spec is HARDLY ideal. Sword may not be amazing, but it's better enough.

Axe is certainly the best option as you want to stack as much crit as possible for Deep Wounds.

Pre-Naxx the Colossal Skull Clad Cleaver is pretty easily attainable: http://www.wowhead.com/?item=37852

54/17 is the cookie-cutter spec as mentioned before. You won't have as much rage to spare as with Fury so improved heroic strike is optional. I don't find my self stance dancing much (other than recklessness at 20%) so I then to opt out of Tactical Mastery.

With 49.5% crit raid buffed I don't have any probs with rage at all. I usually put rend, MS, spam slam unless either overpower is up or execute is up or MS is available again. Don't think heroic strike is too goo for this.

And yes, 4 T7 pwnz.

in any raid I also ditch commanding for Unbridled Wrath - The fury warriors take it anyway for commanding and the paladins use Might. In a 10man the difference is meh, with missing raid buffs the extra rage sometimes means being able to get a slam off that much sooner (hate sitting at 14 rage waiting for an anger management tick or a white attack)

And also, more rage means more HS. It pisses my tanks off, but if they can't hold off me they're doing something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble
    in any raid I also ditch commanding for Unbridled Wrath - The fury warriors take it anyway for commanding and the paladins use Might. In a 10man the difference is meh, with missing raid buffs the extra rage sometimes means being able to get a slam off that much sooner (hate sitting at 14 rage waiting for an anger management tick or a white attack)

And also, more rage means more HS. It pisses my tanks off, but if they can't hold off me they're doing something wrong.
    If you are getting near the threat cap in any fight besides Malygos and possibly Thaddius then your tanks fail. Really the only reason to HS as an arms warrior is that your sitting permanently at above 75 rage and can't dump it fast enough even with slam spam.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Quote Originally Posted by Battousai
    If you are getting near the threat cap in any fight besides Malygos and possibly Thaddius then your tanks fail. Really the only reason to HS as an arms warrior is that your sitting permanently at above 75 rage and can't dump it fast enough even with slam spam.
    Yeah, that actually happens. My crit rate and AP are enough that slam spam actually doesn't reduce my rage, I still gain rage (4pc t7.5 is awesome, incidentally), and even with the expensive instants I get things like 100->70->40->white crit->100 ->*tears hair out*

Oh, another good pre-naxx weapon is the polearm out of H-VH. It's nice and slow, and features actual crit instead of agility. For an Arms warrior, it's definitely comparable to the cleaver, my first naxx was me hitting 3K dps with it, and I only replaced it two weeks ago with a cryptfiend's (no good slow axes in Naxx )

Honestly, I don't know exactly why, I just generate shitloads of threat. I think it has to do with my 50% raid crit rate and slow (3.6) weapon, as DW doesn't get the battle stance threat reduction, and the fact that neither does execute for some retarded reason. And, of course, the odd heroic strike. It doesn't happen that often really, just when I'm at 100 rage I know I can get one off without starving myself, so I do. It's a hit that can't glance, and since I started it I talented it so it doesn't cost quite as much. One of our tanks is building a threat set specifically because of me (he's told me this). His threat generation is great. Mine just happens to be insane. (I've gotten comments of "How the hell are you generating that much threat" after Sapph's AoE + zerker rage let me use HS like 6 times in a row and my TPS spiked to almost 10K - I was visibly closing in on the tank.)

Quote Originally Posted by Gribble
    Yeah, that actually happens. My crit rate and AP are enough that slam spam actually doesn't reduce my rage, I still gain rage (4pc t7.5 is awesome, incidentally), and even with the expensive instants I get things like 100->70->40->white crit->100 ->*tears hair out*

Oh, another good pre-naxx weapon is the polearm out of H-VH. It's nice and slow, and features actual crit instead of agility. For an Arms warrior, it's definitely comparable to the cleaver, my first naxx was me hitting 3K dps with it, and I only replaced it two weeks ago with a cryptfiend's (no good slow axes in Naxx )

Honestly, I don't know exactly why, I just generate shitloads of threat. I think it has to do with my 50% raid crit rate and slow (3.6) weapon, as DW doesn't get the battle stance threat reduction, and the fact that neither does execute for some retarded reason. And, of course, the odd heroic strike. It doesn't happen that often really, just when I'm at 100 rage I know I can get one off without starving myself, so I do. It's a hit that can't glance, and since I started it I talented it so it doesn't cost quite as much. One of our tanks is building a threat set specifically because of me (he's told me this). His threat generation is great. Mine just happens to be insane. (I've gotten comments of "How the hell are you generating that much threat" after Sapph's AoE + zerker rage let me use HS like 6 times in a row and my TPS spiked to almost 10K - I was visibly closing in on the tank.)
    Thats cause there isn't a battle stance threat reduction, only a zerker stance one talented deep in the fury tree. And still, threat for all tank classes is through the roof unless you are dpsing in defensive stance talented with tact mastery...that is if they're any good.

Certain fights snap aggro is unavoidable, 2-3 spark dps after a vortex is tricky and tough on the tanks aggro, and thaddius is tough with DW...after that, your tanks are bad if they can't hold aggro.

Thats cause there isn't a battle stance threat reduction, only a zerker stance one talented deep in the fury tree. And still, threat for all tank classes is through the roof unless you are dpsing in defensive stance talented with tact mastery...that is if they're any good.

Certain fights snap aggro is unavoidable, 2-3 spark dps after a vortex is tricky and tough on the tanks aggro, and thaddius is tough with DW...after that, your tanks are bad if they can't hold aggro.
    Actually, both Battle and Zerker have a base 20% threat reduction. Fury Warriors just get another 10% on top of that.
    Avatar is too large in file size. Read the avatar guidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by RPZip
    Actually, both Battle and Zerker have a base 20% threat reduction. Fury Warriors just get another 10% on top of that.
    You're absolutely right, I used to remember that back in Vanilla Naxx, but I had forgotten that fact since its been that long since I've had to worry about threat. I've had some really great MT's.

So ive also been thinking about speccing arms for that raid buff, and just wondering why people are saying to use slow weapons, and like cryptfiends bite over BoH and stuff liek that

It's because a very good portion of our damage (DW, Rend, Slam) is based exclusively on weapon damage (not DPS) with no normalization. Slower weapons hit harder (and how hard they hit goes up more with AP) so if you can find a weapon that's slower and not particularly worse than another, it's better. Cryptfiend's is slow enough that it only has 20 less topend to contribute to instant attacks (negligible) and hits about 5% harder on the non-normalized attacks (execute is unaffected either way, being based solely on AP). As you get more AP, that 5% gets bigger and bigger, while the 20 topend difference on the rest of your attacks never changes.

So once 5% of your white attacks is better than the base damage difference between the two weapons, the slower weapon is better. By the time you're at Naxx25, that means Cryptfiend's scales better than the Betrayer. (5% of 2K+ white damage = 100+, and this number will continue to grow with gear/buffs)

Quote Originally Posted by dealtt
    So ive also been thinking about speccing arms for that raid buff, and just wondering why people are saying to use slow weapons, and like cryptfiends bite over BoH and stuff liek that
    Crpytfiends Bite is the best weapon for a warrior atm...it'll net you more dps than even betrayer. This is due to 75-80% of all Arms damage is non normalized (Rend, DW, Slam, and to some extent white damage)...which means that its based off your weapons inital speed before haste. And you get the best pve spec...axe.

As for the raid buff...Arms 2% on deep wounds and Trauma abilities is only really useful if:

1. You have no Feral tank...they apply mangle which will overwrite trauma...however feral cats love Arms warriors cause they don't have to put up mangle and it will increase their dps significantly.
    2. You have no combat rogues in your raid...as combat rogues will spec into essentially what is bloodfrenzy for arms and they do not stack.
    3. You don't do enough dps as arms to make up for the difference that you would see as fury...this depends on how many melee dpsers you have in your raid and how good you are at what is a higher skill cap dpser as it really depends on reaction times and priorities instead of a rotation that you simply repeat.

Personally I love the way arms works atm...and I couldn't see myself going fury...ever. I've been a huge pvper in the past...not anymore btw as arms sucks donkey balls atm...and I love any spec that takes advantage of my reaction speed.

Edit: What the above poster said.

You're absolutely right, I used to remember that back in Vanilla Naxx, but I had forgotten that fact since its been that long since I've had to worry about threat. I've had some really great MT's.
    I'm just a walking Warrior encyclopedia.
    Avatar is too large in file size. Read the avatar guidelines.

Nub Question Here!

So there is a pve Arms spec?

Is it better than Fury pve spec?

I just recently changed from Prot to fury and fury is okay but I dunno, if there is an Arms pve spec I would definatley like to try it out, unlkess fury is better.

Quote Originally Posted by XeroForever
    Nub Question Here!

So there is a pve Arms spec?

Is it better than Fury pve spec?

I just recently changed from Prot to fury and fury is okay but I dunno, if there is an Arms pve spec I would definatley like to try it out, unlkess fury is better.
    epic bump bro.

Arms = pre Ulduar.
    Fury = Post Ulduar.

More or less, there's some subtleties in there, but that's the simplified version.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xheoul View Post
    Send that bitch a smiley face...Bitches loooove smilie faces.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

54/17/0 basic spec, 55/8/8 if you slack expertise and like THUNDERCLAP
    axe is generally best but swords work great aswell since they were fixed. try to gem strenght till you get about 30%, after that whenever you replace a gearpiece gem it with ArP. thisway it isnt fucked up expensive all at once.