Spec: Tried it all....what else?

I'm not gonna lie...I am a 32/39 addict.

I've tried 17/0/54...0/44/27..(yes I know one is DW the other is 2h...I have viable weapons for both)...nothing that I have tried or read has measured up to this specs DPS.

Is there something else...more even? I like doing great damage...but the rotation seems..I dunno..bland..simplistic...probably because I have been this spec for a while...or because all I really have to do in an AOE situation is press 3 buttons then BAM crazy DPS.

I tried the frost strike spamming spec (both DW and 2H) both came up with disapointing results. My single target dps might be higher but overall dps in 10/25 mans were rather disapointing to say the least.

Anyone have any ideas on other specs? Or is this pretty much 'the spec' for DKs in terms of raw DPS?
    Quote Originally Posted by Standsinfire View Post
    Me: whyumad* fixed. Seriously though, it's only because they rapin' eveerbody in here and I don't want you to be snatched out yo' windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    If that were my dog, I'd Hulk Smash the fuck out of that raccoon.
    Or I'd shit my pants.

Re: Spec: Tried it all....what else?

Well, I just wanna tell you that it really ain't overall dps in things like 25 man naxx that really counts, because if you do heavy dmg on trash mobs and shitty low dmg on bosses, then it's .. it is just bad, cause every trash mob will go down anyways, but the dmg on the bosses is what really counts.

i was 32/39 pre patch

then patch hits and i scramble trying every spec looking for max single target dps

51/0/20
    51/13/7
    21/50/0 2h
    17/0/54 2h
    etc

2h = armageddon, 290+ hit
    dw = silent crusader / maexxnas femur, used to run with 415hit
    but everything has pointed to the fact that after 8-9% melee hit, str becomes more valuable for dps ratios

and after /lol'ing at the sad dps they put out, and yes i mean single target 25man boss encounters

im 0/31/40 dual wield again

dual wield is king, unless your near best in slot with betrayer, then you can entertain a 2h build and compete with dw

have you considered sth like http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=j0xZG...fgMI00oge00cod

deep unholy, DW with the ghoul and the gargoyle ?
    Sapped girls don't say no

Quote Originally Posted by rakieh
    Well, I just wanna tell you that it really ain't overall dps in things like 25 man naxx that really counts, because if you do heavy dmg on trash mobs and shitty low dmg on bosses, then it's .. it is just bad, cause every trash mob will go down anyways, but the dmg on the bosses is what really counts.
    QFT

You're going to read a lot of flawed parses as well as people giving you data from Patchwerk or trash mobs which will skewer numbers and make people with similar gear/specs wonder what they're doing wrong when in fact, they're doing nothing wrong.
    Being assertive is NOT trolling. It's alarming how many people (including moderators) still have not got that memo.

With the correct glyph's + rotations and a lil luck with the RNG 17/0/54 will out dps and out damage 32/39 variants against single target's (i.e. bosses).

Ghouls are alot less squishy now and are a significant dps increase, as well as Gargoyle doing decent dps when it's out.

When you take away HB damage from multiple targets it really comes down to SS-vs-HB...both do comparable damage, but SS is spammable whereas HB has a 5 sec CD.

32/39 may be able to keep up in terms of dps due to its capability when not not in melee range. So against bosses like Globbulus that are very mobile 32/39 will still perform well. Against stand up bosses 17/0/54 will outperform it though.

i too have tried every spec going.

I am biased in that i prefer 2h specs, but i do prefer playing 17/0/54 the most. Nice rotations, good survivabilty and im buffing every caster in raid....and 5-6k on Patch is easily achieveable. Yes our DW Dk does more dps on most fights...hes up on 6-6.5k on Patch, but im always close and i jsut prefer playing 2h Unholy.

I also found that 2h frost is damn fun, but i jsut find it doesnt scale well in raids....but u can really stack AP gear coz u crit like a bastard as Frost/Blood.

Play what you find fun....as long as u play it right, and make it viable.

The dead know only one thing; it is better to be alive.

Quote Originally Posted by liveitup1216
    i was 32/39 pre patch

then patch hits and i scramble trying every spec looking for max single target dps

51/0/20
    51/13/7
    21/50/0 2h
    17/0/54 2h
    etc

2h = armageddon, 290+ hit
    dw = silent crusader / maexxnas femur, used to run with 415hit
    but everything has pointed to the fact that after 8-9% melee hit, str becomes more valuable for dps ratios

and after /lol'ing at the sad dps they put out, and yes i mean single target 25man boss encounters

im 0/31/40 dual wield again

dual wield is king, unless your near best in slot with betrayer, then you can entertain a 2h build and compete with dw
    I'm curious what is your 31/40 build? Is it along the lines of:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=jZG0e...oZf0hhxckxcq0f

clicky for armory

Have you tried blood? 5x/x/x?

It's a viable DPS spec now.
    "My rage bar is blue, and I start the fight pissed!" - Battlecry of the Ret Paladin.
    "The best defense is a good offense." - Motto of the Ret Paladin.
    River Below - Billy Talent - Theme Song of the Ret Paladin.

DK Death Strike Tanking
    The Power of Avoidance! - DK Tank Required Reading
    DK AP Coefficients
    DK Threat Values

Aurich von Deathstrike

Quote Originally Posted by Montoya
    Have you tried blood? 5x/x/x?

It's a viable DPS spec now.
    Blood has always been viable for dps. It was blood tanking that was in need of help for awhile.

clicky for armory

Quote Originally Posted by Gamehenge
    I'm curious what is your 31/40 build? Is it along the lines of:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=jZG0e...oZf0hhxckxcq0f
    that build except i only did 2/3 CF and picked up bone shield

It depends on what OP likes to do, DW or 2h. All specs can DPS great with 2h but Blood isn't as good for DW because we use less magic abilities for our DPS than UH and Frost. Blood DW spec is fail IMO.