Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Why sometimes you need a crappy healer...

Yeah this is a really strange fight. I'm a prot pally and if the healer is decently geared, I have 50% chance of killing him every 2 minutes.

In fact to kill him I need :
    - Hammer of Justice ready
    - Arcane Torrent ready
    - some crits

Needless to say this situation happens at most once every 2 minutes (because of arcane torrent) and if you time your stun too soon or too late you can wait 2 more minutes.

For me, as a well geared prot paladin, the only way to kill this boss is to have better geared DPSer than the healer. Do you have a confirmation that the shadow power scales with the gear of the original ? I am under the impression that the gear has no influence on the power of the shadow images.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikki
    LMAO. Yes I am a Druid Healer. I would comsicer myself well geared. VERY well geared tbh but hey not overly important.

We came to this boss and my group was like. THis should be easier with a tree i did this with X Priest (top geared priest in my guild) and we couldnt kill anyone the other day. How wrong they were...

None of them could kill my alter ego. For me its simple as the adds dont hit hard i just stand still and HoT through the piss ant damage.......I HAVE A GREAT IDEA....Guys. When insanity procs Ill flic to Bear form. That way he cant heal!!!!

So next try, Insanity comes and i flick to Bear,,,,,,,Vent went like this...it was like something out f a horror movie.

WTF WTF HES HEALING IN BEAR FORM> I CANT TAKE ANY HEALTH AND NOW THE DONALD IS HEALING IN BEAR FORM>>>>WE ARE DONALD I TELL YA DONALD DUCKED!!!!!! And we all died very quickly

After that i went to caster form and the DK with us was able to down me pretty quickly using Army and his procs and we burst down the rest and boss. But yes i agree. A well geared healer here is a killer
    thats bugged then.
    so far our druid always went cat and wasnt able to heal

Quote Originally Posted by Mikki
    LMAO. Yes I am a Druid Healer. I would comsicer myself well geared. VERY well geared tbh but hey not overly important.

We came to this boss and my group was like. THis should be easier with a tree i did this with X Priest (top geared priest in my guild) and we couldnt kill anyone the other day. How wrong they were...

None of them could kill my alter ego. For me its simple as the adds dont hit hard i just stand still and HoT through the piss ant damage.......I HAVE A GREAT IDEA....Guys. When insanity procs Ill flic to Bear form. That way he cant heal!!!!

So next try, Insanity comes and i flick to Bear,,,,,,,Vent went like this...it was like something out f a horror movie.

WTF WTF HES HEALING IN BEAR FORM> I CANT TAKE ANY HEALTH AND NOW THE DONALD IS HEALING IN BEAR FORM>>>>WE ARE DONALD I TELL YA DONALD DUCKED!!!!!! And we all died very quickly

After that i went to caster form and the DK with us was able to down me pretty quickly using Army and his procs and we burst down the rest and boss. But yes i agree. A well geared healer here is a killer
    haha that is funny. this encounter has issues. my poisons do not effect the shades. I have do throw everything I have to kill the damn healer.

im not entirely sure why your complaining this is one off the easiest bossfights in the game just let your dps kill healer and rest and meanwhile stay alive, stuns work excellently to stop the healer from healing (+10k judge usually solves the problem)

just one hint, if you take a resto druid let him go out off treeform coz so far i havent actually met another player who could burst a resto druid in treeform down lol

I could be wrong.... but aren't the images just some npcs with 12000 hp that use some skills depending on their spec and class? I, as a rogue, had never the sligthest problem killing anything there, be it full 25naxx holypaladin, or whatever. Everything just dies in 4-5 seconds... as they only have 12k hp and hit for 200-300 or something?
    So I'm pretty sure the clone thingies don't scale with equip and are allways easy to kill, be it with Blues and lvl 70 epics or with full naxx25/sarth3d/malygos25 etc gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parynziux
    So, you are clearly the biggest nerf to your class. Hush.

Deleted

About resto druids : in tree form we have +100% armor, which is going to be a pain for physical dps. The image mainly uses Nourish (largely buffed compared to the real one :/) so if you can't do ~3k burst dps or silence/disable him in any way it's going to be tough.
    I don't know if it's still true in 3.0.8 but before, switching to cat or bear just gave the image more armor/dodge and it was still healing everyone. So yes, they are a real pain (if well geared) and the best bet was to let them go in caster form and either disable them to kill the rest or kill them first with high burst.

As far as killing the groups reflection as a resto druid, i always found it incredibly easy : moonfire on everyone while getting them bunched up, barkskin and hurricane. I usually was first or second in the group to down my adds, them having no heals make it really easy. Any healer should dot/hit them with what he has instead of just waiting on others.

Seeing everyone seems to be having trouble with this boss, I thought I'd register to point out an easy way to stop it being so much of an issue.

very simply, the insanity spell can be LoS'd thus stopping him from creating copies of yourself. So if you're having trouble with killing healers, just tank him next to a pillar and get the everyone to run behind it when he's casting insanity. Makes the fight soo much easier, esp if you're running with multiple hybrids that can heal (he copies the classes base abilities, not really what you're specced in).

Have you guys noticed how whenever someone says this fight is easy how they usually say: Tell druid to go <<<insert non healing form here>>>. You wanna prove you are epic? Tell me you kill a tree druid full 25 man epic or disco priest (same 25 man gear). This wasn't the first time I when here, I usually don't have a problem, but I can garantee you, if you go with an epicced Disco priest, you will be singing a completely different tune .
    In life pain is mandatory; Suffering however, is optional...
    Source: Naruto

I think this is one of those fights my warlock can get rid of a druid healer simply by banishing it ;D. That or the times I've been in here I've chain feared the healer so they can't do that much - the last time I went there though it was with a shaman healer who was pretty squishy compared to a disc priest. Priests I'm guessing I'd do curse of tongues. fear and howl of terror anything else then kill through in order.

Yeah not a hard boss, althought the first time I was here I thought wtf then realised I could do round killing everyone on my DK tank and went nuts on the clothies.

Hmm, well as a resto druid, i don't find myself having much problems, tough i tend to use a more aggresive tactic.

Having thorns up, hots on myself, i go for killing of casters fairly quickly. When i'm done with them, melee have banged off half their hp's on me, and they're finished off easily. Can also moonfire them early to have the dot tick for a good deal of damage.

Healers shouldn't always just stand and wait for the dps to do all the work, i suggest go out there and get to help your fellow party members destroy those nasty images

cyclone timing with starfire on myself i can easily kill me, so tbh i don't see whats so hard about healers?

This fight with a priest/pala/shaman healer = piss easy. With a druid... well for me (dk) still piss easy, but i can see the problems from others. The clue in this fight is, silence dosn`t work on healers/casters, INTERUPTS do work So for me as a dk, mind freeze works, strangulate interupts the cast, but wont silence him/her. Still love this fight tough, its a nice trade off for the 2nd boss in Shadow labs :P

Quote Originally Posted by Siaer
    First time i did this on heroic i was a resto druid and the first insanity lasted a solid 5 minutes. Had a prot pally, ele shaman, ret pally and something else (might have been a hunter).

They just couldn't get me down, apparently my shadow just ran around HoTing itself up like crazy and they couldn't DPS through it. Strangely enough, i did the same thing, except i just stood still and healed myself until they could help.

Funniest thing ever, except now im not allowed to go back if im resto.
    have vour DDs save their cooldowns for insanity. I (fury warrior) usually get my images down in about 15-20 seconds (no matter the class/spec) with deathwish/recklessnes. after that you can help the others out to finish the phase really quickly.
    This user has been banned.

I had slight struggles when trying to kill the druid with my mage, when 3 other adds where beating on me :P but I had absolutely no troubles with my DK tank, just ignored all others and went for the healer right away.. he can't heal enough to survive the damage a DK tank does, combined with silence and interrupts.

So far I only have been there with priests and druids, most of them very well geared and they still died.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Shiwanabe
    very simply, the insanity spell can be LoS'd
    Not true since the 3.0.3 patch at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Druchii
    Try doing it with a Resto Druid... Fully epic'd.
    Shit's insane!
    We did it with a resto druid. It was complete BS. He just spammed nourish, which full healed him or anyone on every cast. We even tried going in there with his weapon off, and him in CAT FORM. It didn't matter, he healed while silenced, he healed while stunned, he healed in cat form.

That fight is retarded.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumfail
    The ensuing debate is so exciting and necessary that I can't stop punching myself in the dick

i "tried" it with my boomkin once and it didnt matter what form i was in when he cast that debuff thingi
    boomkin or cat, didnt matter, id always end up in "normal" caster form, making it impossible for my other members to kill me

for the palli killing the healer, i found that easy (my main is prot palli)
    save avenging wrath until ur gonan kill healer and try to burst it down and hope hammer of justice lands when it tries to cast a heal, throw everything u got, shiled slam, avengers shield etc
    in my group i was the 1st to finish killing all others