Protector of The Pack

Just wondering if the AP bonus given by Potp is only for bear/dire bear form, or if it applies to cat form as well. ???

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Protector of The Pack

I will help you out. Applies also to catform. you can get 16% more ap if you speck into these 3 talent points also.

16%?

And no it does not work in cat form. It is a tanking talent for bears.

so far a yes and a no. @ 2% per talent I'd assume it's a clean 6% with 3 points in (not 16%). The tooltip mentions the AP bonus before mentioning the rest about bear or dire bear, but I am leaning towards No on this one.

Thanks for the replies.

Quote Originally Posted by JL
    so far a yes and a no. @ 2% per talent I'd assume it's a clean 6% with 3 points in (not 16%). The tooltip mentions the AP bonus before mentioning the rest about bear or dire bear, but I am leaning towards No on this one.

Thanks for the replies.

15+ Year Old Account

Just wondering if the AP bonus given by Potp is only for bear/dire bear form, or if it applies to cat form as well. ???
    AFAIK the "as long as you are in Dire Bear or Bear form" applies to the entire context of the talent, meaning the 6% AP as well. I think the person who mentioned 16% meant that PotP along with HotW's 10% cat ap but was mistaken about the ap application on PotP.

Every talent point which mentions a form only applies to that form or forms.

Survival of the Fittest only applies to Bear form.
    Predatory Instincts only applies to cat form (Otherwise they'd be nice tanking talent points)

Verified, PotP does not apply to ca form. Here are my calculation:

Bear benefit
    Total AP on the weapon (not including enchant) * 1.2 (Predatory Strikes) * 1.06 (PotP) + ap enchant * 1.06 (PotP)

Cat benefit
    Total AP on the weapon (not including enchant) * 1.2 (Predatory Strikes) * 1.1 (HotW) + ap enchant * 1.1 (HotW) + total agi * 1.06 (SotF) * 1.1 (HotW)

Try this out and see if it works

Quote Originally Posted by Solux
    Survival of the Fittest only applies to Bear form.
    Predatory Instincts only applies to cat form (Otherwise they'd be nice tanking talent points)
    I have to disagree on this, SotF works in all forms for the stats multiplies and the crit reduction (not sure about the armor contributions though). This being said, I think it is clear that the wording used can be misleading. So do your own checking, because you can't believe everything you read.

It's all about commas.

And SotF works in ALL forms (stat multiplier, not the armor). When you respec you should notice your mana increasing as well (unless you do it in form)

About to go English professor on your asses...

Survival of the Fittest:

Increases all attributes by 6%, reduces the chance you'll be critically hit by melee attacks by 6%, and increases your armor contribution from cloth and leather items in Bear Form and Dire Bear Form by 66%.

Notice the comma separating each section of the sentence. They could be replaced by periods if need be, so the portion of the sentence that refers to Bear Forms stands on its own. Therefore, it will increase all the Druid's attributes by 6%. It will Reduce the chance you'll be critically hit by melee attacks by 6%. It also increases your armor contribution from cloth and leather items in Bear Form and Dire Bear Form by 66%.

The talent is non-specific to forms with exception to the last portion.

Protector of the Pack:

Increases your attack power by 6% and reduces the damage you take by 12% while in Bear or Dire Bear Form.

Notice that there is no comma in this sentence. That means that the first part of the sentence and the second part of the sentence go with the last portion. These are two prepositional phrases linked by the word "and" that describe an effect in the specified form.

This talent is form specific.

Hope this helps.

Dear solux SOF applies to all forms bear cat direbear travel aquatic caster moonkin or tree if you can swing it
    POTP bear only
    PI cat only
    feline grace cat only
    you had it right if it meantions a form it only works for that form is it doesnt mentiona form it works for all forms

:-[ That's what I get for not doing my own testing as people like leofric have rightfully pointed out.

Thanks, Shaggie. That was what I was just about to correct myself and say; punctuation is important.

@ fenagis
    I am corrected. Feline Grace isn't a talent with misinterpretable punctuation, though.

Also, if anyone's interested my testing showed AP enchants on weapons as leofric already said don't get Predatory Strikes (20% bonus), so that's another tooltip that could be misleading.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by bendora
    I will help you out. Applies also to catform. you can get 16% more ap if you speck into these 3 talent points also.
    Stop spreading false info. Learn how things work or gtfo, thanks.

Btw Solux: as far as I've tested it, PS affects the weapon base AP, the bonus FAP *and* AP gems if it's socketed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

My comment about feline grace was intended to stop some of the misconception i have dealt with by newbish people who swear it works in travel from cause they say "well its a cat" :} wasnt trying to be an ass sorry if i cam across that way

I tested this - adding points to this talent does not increase AP on the character screen while in catform.