Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Upcoming Class Change Highlights (Part 1)

Quote Originally Posted by Chiper
    Great, so of the dozens of excellent suggestions that people gave to improve totems, they took one, and probably the easiest to implement.

Gee, thanks blizz.

Frankly I dont see why rogues need more damage buffs. All our rogues are topping the meters at 3-4k, even on AoE they're out doing our mages. I just dont see where all the rogue QQ comes from.

Your DPS has fail written all over them!

Quote Originally Posted by gortz
    Am i right in thinking this means we'll still be using HfB for 30 energy but rupture will only be active for 20 seconds (glyphed) ? Even though the damage is increased if it works that way its only a slight increase in dps and definitely not enough.

Imo, not enough buffs to mutilate and way to mess up HfB :/
    I think you can USE it when there is a bleed effect on the target, so it will still stay active even if the bleed effect wears off. The point is, that you cannot use it when there is no bleed effect on the target.

Also now rogues can go 51/18/2 with the new lighthing reflexes. Should be a viable spec if they buff haste as they said.

Power Word: Barrier
    Sounds sexy!
    Shadow Def needs some more pvp luv-

The rogue buffs seem lackluster by comparison.

finally some priest love...sounds almost too good to be true lol

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lifestream
    what about IMP DS?
    It might stay as a Disc Talent. No one knows as of yet. But, it still is a welcomed changed to priests across the board.

Quote Originally Posted by dakkuuan
    Is it just me, or do most of the rogue changes seem to help non-dagger specs, where clearly daggers is in need of the most help. Call me stupid or whatever, but I like to have all my abilities at my disposal, not the abilities my weapons tell me i can use. Few other classes (if any) work by these kind of rules, why should rogues? And don't bring up Shield Bash, you kinda have to have a shield for that to make sense lol.
    Ok.... Stupid.

Every Rogue is using daggers.

As rogue I understand that blizzard wants to make combat tree more competitive. But this change of Hunger for Blood will make it useless on pve (how many times do you really get under bleed effect on boss fights? ;p) and ofc it will stay useless on pvp (I don’t think any decent rogue will abandon Preparation)... So do they really want to make another useless 51 talent point skill? They must reconsider... But nice changes for combat tree!

These changes won't fix Shadowpriests at all.
    Our damage is still too low and Dispersion is broken (on GCD and doesn't reduce damage for the first half second).

Let me guess:

Paladins:
    We think they are not balanced enough pn Pvp.We will make holy light instant and costs no mana also.
    Crusader strike will make %200 weapon damage.
    We think bubble nerf was a mistake.All damage done is normal now.
    Paladins can duel wield now.

Dk:
    Anti magic shell nerf was a mistake.Now it has a 30 sec duration.
    We will also give Last Stand do Dks.
    New spell : The arthas within ! You become immune to everything for 20 sec.
    Now Dks can use guns bows and Duel wield 2hs.
    Dk will be favourite tank for Ulduar

Quote Originally Posted by PowerHacker
    buff resto druids plox

edit frist!

If yu play resto drood and you feel you need a buff, go find some skill "D

Quote Originally Posted by savchris
    As rogue I understand that blizzard wants to make combat tree more competitive. But this change of Hunger for Blood will make it useless on pve (how many times do you really get under bleed effect on boss fights? ;p)
    Epic Fail. You suck as a rogue. Look up Rupture.

Finally combining totems, took em long enough.
    http://www.scionsofdestiny.com/
    http://www.scionsofdestiny.com/sodwantsyou.jpg

Re: Upcoming Class Change Highlights (Part 1), Blue posts

Buff Warlocks... Oh man, I feel weird saying things like that. :-X

Uh, how is making shadowform applicable to spell damage going to help shadow priests against melee, which eat them alive?

That really is not enough imo, the % needs to be upped on damage reduction for shadow form.

Quote Originally Posted by darkthunder
    One things for certain... there's alot of crappy players out there.

Assassination rogues needing buffs? Resto druids needing buffs? I think not. At current it's Combat rogues that need some buffing, which they get with the Hunger for Blood change.

Anyone whining about performing sub-par as Assassination Rogue or Resto Druid, sure don't know how to play their class, and should either reroll or play a different game. Would probably be better for the rest of us.
    So nerfing assasination to buff combat is smart, when you got rogues OVERALL well below average dps something does not compute here .I do not see a rogue in the top 5 minus 1 fight, a straight DPS class is getting destroyed by basically everyone

Dps proof http://www.wowmeteronline.com/rank/classrank/6/0

More shadow buff in pvp...need more survivability. Please give us a chance to do damage ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by darkthunder
    Your proof, is that you had slightly lower overall dps on some of the bossfights? I don't know, 3-400 dps when your averaging 3-3.5k doesnt sound like a big deal to me. I'd chalk that up to either lack of skill, or lack of gear.
    Obviously your just trolling you must be a dk, and ya if having the best gear for either spec in game is lack of gear sure , reguardless think what you want obviously im "skilled enough " to do 3 drakes and such .

If the melee buff to haste is big enough this might be good... for combat I suppose. Im hoping there will be more buffs to assassination, though Im guessing theyre holding off on those because muteprep does so much burst in pvp

Deleted

# Hunger for Blood – instead of a self-buff, this ability can only be used when there is a bleed effect on the target. However, it has no stacks and grants a 15% damage bonus.

How I understand that, is that you can use it when your target has a bleed on it, that's what it says anyway, so thus it would be a buff. I also like how they've buffed combat so that you might actually not have to be mutilate if you really don't want to.

I was sad to see some of the Shadow Priest class changes. For weeks i have been reading, "We have some PvP-oriented changes in mind for Shadow. We hope to be able to announce them soon", to discover "Shadow priest PvP survivability has been improved: Shadow Form now reduces magic as well as physical damage. Dispersion now removes snares". While disc is getting a group power word shield? Once again, who needs a Shadow Priest? Shadow Priest tools for Pvp are quite useless at the moment.. Our only viable crowd control spell is Psychic Scream, which is not a powerful spell because it is often resisted, trinketed out of, will of forsaken, breaks on damage, tremor totem'd and targets need to be near the priest. Our level 80 spell Divine Hymn is a horrible horrible Spell, it cant be cast in Shadow Form, has a 6 min cool down and shares the global cooldown of Psychic Scream, and brings that cool down to 30 seconds. This is mind boggling because Divine Hymn is a Holy spell yet shares the cool down of a shadow spell? I do not understand that. Our 51 talent is a silencing mana pot that according to next patch will remove snares? I do not see how this will greatly improve survivability, play style or mechanics.. Shadow Priests Silence is on a ***45*** second cool down and now has diminishing returns! Shadow priests damage relies on DoTs yet we have no DoT protection, unless we spec into the Disc Tree!! That talent to have dot protection(Silent Resolve) also reduces threat of holy and disc spells, once again why would a shadow priest need that.. PvP Shadow Priests run out of mana very fast and our tool to return mana is Shadow Fiend, that will either die, is kited, misses or is absorbed in which our mana return from the spell is not very strong. Hymn of Hope is on a 5 min cool down, is channeled and only returns 8% mana over 8 seconds. Who has the chance in Pvp to use that, by the time its cast, it is interrupted and only gained enough mana for 1 spell.. Before wotlk was released the idea to have Psychic Horror add a flee after the fear affect ended was a great idea.. however shadow priest couldnt even get that.. At that time Dispersion returned HP as well, which would be alot better then what it is now.. However that wasn't implemented either.. Shadow priest is a Broken Class..

To improve Shadow Priest in pvp, they need some work.. Things that I would love to see are any of the following.. A Dot protection that is in the shadow tree, A crowd crontrol spell that would improve survival such as a unbreakable fear,a counterspell, a way to break targeting, turn into a ghost, idk anything!. And Hymns that work and are useful! If disc priests have imp. mana burn, shadow priest should have imp. mind control, especially if a group bubble spell is added to disc.. Any way thats my thoughts, thks for reading .