Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...

Re: Upcoming Class Change Highlights (Part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by Jackoneill
    The thing I am unsure of is the part where Savage Defense gets dispelled on the next attack I do.
    I believe that actually refers to the next hit you take, performed by the mob.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nulgar
    I believe that actually refers to the next hit you take, performed by the mob.
    This was not how I understood it, but if this is the case, then it's already better!

The only thing is that now, we are already stacking stam/agi. With this change, we will just stack a little more agi to get more crit, but as I stated above, with already 40%+ crit, would it be worth it? I thought Blizzard would implement some changes so that we wanted to stack a different stat than those we already stack...

Agi lost much of its appeal in 3.0/WotLK. Before that, I stacked Agi, now I'm stacking Sta. Besides Agi becoming more attractive again, this will make crit and esp. Str/AP not simple threat stats anymore (comparable to how Str is Block/Parry for plate tanks), so we will like the gear "shared" with rogues more.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Hunter (Skills List / Talent + Glyph Calc.)
    Consumable ammunition has been removed from the game. Arrows and bullets no longer stack, but are not consumed. Ranged attack speed bonus gained from quivers and ammo bags will be preserved in a different capacity.

So, why not eliminate soul shards? Why should warlocks be the only class that has to waste a bag? It would also allow the practical use of soulfire instead of incinerate.

The Sunder armor change looks good :F
    Rest is PvP only buffs... Maybe I should start an arena team? ;p
    I've no idea what to write here.

# Savage Defense – this is a new passive ability. When a druid in Dire Bear form deals a melee critical strike, the druid gains a damage shield equal to 25% of their attack power. The next hit completely removes the shield regardless of how much damage was done.
    # Survival of the Fittest has had its bonus armor reduced to compensate for the above increase in damage mitigation.

Not needed at all for feralresto's, didn't really feel like we could use a nerf... 25% of AP is nothing, and as it only procs when critting just makes everything even worse. Starting to get sick of this...

Quote Originally Posted by Furcea
    # Savage Defense – this is a new passive ability. When a druid in Dire Bear form deals a melee critical strike, the druid gains a damage shield equal to 25% of their attack power. The next hit completely removes the shield regardless of how much damage was done.
    # Survival of the Fittest has had its bonus armor reduced to compensate for the above increase in damage mitigation.

Not needed at all for feralresto's, didn't really feel like we could use a nerf... 25% of AP is nothing, and as it only procs when critting just makes everything even worse. Starting to get sick of this...
    I don't agree. 25% of my AP while in tanking gear is 1250 (unbuffed). I got 35.22% crit (unbuffed again). This means more or less every 3 hits, I got a 1.2k shield that pops until I get hit. Most bosses hit me around 4-5k (melee hits). Which means I get to absorb 1/4 of that hit. IMO it is a very good way of making us capable of absorbing damage. Will this mean we can soak up even more damage? I don't know, since we don't know how much our armor will get nerfed down. But I think what Blizzard wants is to keep our mitigation roughly the same, while having a different stat to care about. But the thing is, I was already stacking Stam and Agi, and with this new ability, I will continue to stack Stam and Agi, so what's the point in having this ability?

I don't agree. 25% of my AP while in tanking gear is 1250 (unbuffed). I got 35.22% crit (unbuffed again). This means more or less every 3 hits, I got a 1.2k shield that pops until I get hit. Most bosses hit me around 4-5k (melee hits). Which means I get to absorb 1/4 of that hit. IMO it is a very good way of making us capable of absorbing damage. Will this mean we can soak up even more damage? I don't know, since we don't know how much our armor will get nerfed down. But I think what Blizzard wants is to keep our mitigation roughly the same, while having a different stat to care about. But the thing is, I was already stacking Stam and Agi, and with this new ability, I will continue to stack Stam and Agi, so what's the point in having this ability?
    I said it ruins feralresto, from a PvP point of view, not bear tanks. Since it's messing up the survivability because feralrestos don't stack AP. But since you didn't read/take notice to that, I guess you're completely into PvE, so I'll say grats as this was a buff for you

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgarity
    Hunter (Skills List / Talent + Glyph Calc.)
    Consumable ammunition has been removed from the game. Arrows and bullets no longer stack, but are not consumed. Ranged attack speed bonus gained from quivers and ammo bags will be preserved in a different capacity.

So, why not eliminate soul shards? Why should warlocks be the only class that has to waste a bag? It would also allow the practical use of soulfire instead of incinerate.
    To be fair, Warlocks can put SS in a regular bag - ammunition cannot go in anything but an Ammo Bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Furcea
    I said it ruins feralresto, from a PvP point of view, not bear tanks. Since it's messing up the survivability because feralrestos don't stack AP. But since you didn't read/take notice to that, I guess you're completely into PvE, so I'll say grats as this was a buff for you
    You're right, I didn't notice this was from a PvP point of view ;D !

I don't PvP at all, but do restos go into bear form sometimes? I thought they just stayed in tree of NE form, but as I you pointed out, I'm completely into PvE! As far as saying it's a buff for me, I'm not sure yet! We'll have to see how much our armor gets nerfed first.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodrun
    ammunition cannot go in anything but an Ammo Bag.
    Yeah... no. How do you think warriors/rogues store arrows and bullets? Or Engineers from another class, who create those thorium bullets?

Quote Originally Posted by Woodrun
    To be fair, Warlocks can put SS in a regular bag - ammunition cannot go in anything but an Ammo Bag.
    To be fair, you must have never created a warrior, rogue, hunter or engineer. Any item can go into any regular type of bag, regardless of size (as long as slots are available). They reason for quivers/ammo pouches is to increase attack speed. Soul Shard bags serve no purpose for spell casting. All they do is provide larger than normal bag sizes in order for the lock to store up to a current 28 shards.

Really, if any class had a justification for giving back a bag slot between the lock and hunter it is the lock. Now hunters get an extra bag slot and they get their shot speed bonuses placed somewhere else. So they get to make their cake and eat it too.

Now if you are like me and never use your shards, especially now with the massive summons we can do, then you can replace your shard bag with a Frostweave Bag and be semi happy with an extra 5 to 10 slots to use.

"Siphon Life no longer as an active ability but the talent grants the old Siphon Life effect to Corruption"

I didn't go through and read all the post here, just the first page so I don't know if this was discussed. If it was, just tell me which page it's on...

Does anyone else see this as a DPS nerf? From what I read, it sounds like each Corr tick will also heal us now like Siphon Life did. That means its one less DoT on the target doing damage and getting a 20% increase from Haunt. It's also one less DoT to the talent Soul Siphon (Aff tree, teir 2) which adds an additional % damage to Drain Life and Drain Soul with EACH affliction effect on the target. Also meaning, Drain Soul will tick for less at 25% or less health of the target.

It's fine if you have three (now four with Corr & Siphon Life being one spell) Aff locks in a raid to max out damage on talents, but my guild only has two main locks; one being myself. We're both not alwayz in the raid either. It's usually just me... alone.

Someone said to me that Corr and Siphon Life are just going to be one spell and both ticks will tick off from one spell now. Umm... if one spell is doing two separate ticks, fine whatever. But it's still taken away from Soul Siphon and Drain Soul.

Can someone correct me on this and what that "awesomely written" new Warlock talent by Blizz actually meant... :-\

Warlock changes

When I heard that Destruction was being buffed, I was excited that my favorite spec would finally be up to par again, but as soon as I read what was actually happening, my heart sank and I'm actually pretty angry. It's true that the Destruction talent tree is being buffed, but the talents that are being buffed aren't actually preffered talents for Destruction spec locks.
    Buffing Shadowbolt is USELESS to destro specced locks because it is an affliction (and demo?) spell, and any destro lock who uses it should right now be thinking "Oh THAT's my problem." Maybe blizz is trying to make it worth using, but then that'll just make fire obsolete again. The only thing Shadowbolt could be good for is when incinerate is losing cast time because of gobal cooldown when you're Backdrafted, but that hasn't happened for a good destro lock since lvl 75. The other thing is that a 2 sec Soul Fire crit for 16k costs half as much mana as a shadowbolt, effectively increasing your dps by lowering the number of Life Taps you'll need to cast.
    As for Improved Soul Leech, it's a nice talent, though worth nothing more than a little raid endurance. Hopefully the regen will make a difference.
    Also looking forward to whatever else blizz can screw up in the patch... I love finding out the Ice Stone has melted every 5 min for 24 hours.