Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Season 6 Itemization and rating requirements

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguissa
    I care for same things like he do
    Yes, but u don't say that no1 care about things u don't care. Or... maybe i am wrong.
    And btw, just bcos some1 don't care about some things, it doesn't mean that no1 care about those things. That was meaning of my previous post. (just in case u didn't figure that )
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Frostmane&n=Darkk%C3%AEller
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Chromaggus&n=Darkkillerrs

Quote Originally Posted by Daez
    If I wanted to play serious PvP I'd go play WAR.
    That's the freaking worst suggestion I heard in weeks. WAR? Who are you kidding? You could at least give a name to a name that's popular and has tournaments. The only reason why WAR would be any better is that they don't have retarded devs as oppose to WoW. The whole tournament infrastructure in WoW has gotten pretty good though. WoW's highend PvP a matured so much over the years whilst the highend raiding, lately, has just kept diminishing going into casualness.

Quote Originally Posted by neville
    I hope they make this "Furious" set good looking. Savage/Hateful/Deadly? All pvp'ers look like retards in lvl 30 greens... I only use deadly chest / hateful shoulders and look "acceptable" maybe... Or not.
    You know why this is? There is a link somewhere where Ghostcrawler compares PvP Gear to "crafted by Alliance/Horde craftsmen to be suitable for combat in a gladiatorial sense" whereas the 'cool pve gear' is "rare and fantastic items horded by the evils of the world" or something to that effect.

I only really looked at S3 & S4, but it was ridiculous when the PvP gear was just a "re-color" of the Tier Gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezzyk
    That's fine, I'd just like a confirmation on that. I've been hording Valor tokens up for new 3.1 gear, but if there isn't going to be any and we have to get new emblems in Ulduar I have a lot of tank gear I can buy.
    You're a retard. It's been known that Blizzard won't be using the same badge for gear like BC since they announced Wrath. They decided this very, very early on in the development cycle.

Why do you think there's 2 versions now? Did you seriously think they were just going to make heroism the total shit badges, and use valor for 3.1 gear, 3.2 gear, 3.3 gear, and 3.4 gear?
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

Actually, by the looks of it the badges shift up one. So "technically" you can get Ulduar gear with emblems of valor by the looks of it, by this fashion.

Heroism-Naxx 10 quality epics
    Valour-Naxx 25 and Ulduar 10 epics.
    Conquest-Ulduar 25 epics.

This assumes they don't throw another one in the middle somewhere for Ulduar 10.

Its has been stated (and im paraphrasing btw) that Arena gear is made to look "Functional". a smart warrior doesnt go into battle with 20 things sticking out his shoulders that and enemy can grab with there hand/weapon. everything is made to look like it would actually work.

in the PVE game, your fighting mythical monsters and such, so your gear can look ridiculous and you can get away with it.

you guys wanted differents sets, so you got em. and they pull off Functional very well.

Another change that is good to be noted, as posted later on the same thread (page 14):

"Q: How good will the furious weapons be? Why would I want one if the PvE weapons are better?

A: In the case of the current deadly gladiator weapons, we simply botched the ilvls since at the time of their design we didn't account properly for the fact that Kel'Thuzad weapons would be as accessible as they are. Had we anticipated this better, the KT weapons wouldn't have been a full tier ahead of pre-KT weapons, and the deadly weapons would have been equivalent in ilvl. We expect that the best season 6 pvp weapons obtainable will be equal in level/quality to the best Ulduar weapons, even if that means we need more than one tier of pvp weapon to do it (ie: a 1750 weapon and a 2200 weapon). Note: the whole trick here is reasonably balancing what percentage of players get raid weapons of X quality versus what percentage of arena players also get a weapon of X quality."

This change pleases all hardcore PvPers i believe (including me!)

Quote Originally Posted by Redb
    Another change that is good to be noted, as posted later on the same thread (page 14):

This change pleases all hardcore PvPers i believe (including me!)
    Yeah, it would be retarded to place just one type of weapon in the game obtainable through arena's, when most likely every soab will be using 223/240 dps weapons.

And about people saying pvpers should play WAR: I thought it was hella fun, but my friends didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Calaba
    /edit
    on-topic, as others have said, the item levels will start at KT/Malygos levels, and increase further in and for "hard mode". How high the item level for the last boss on "hard mode" will be remains to be seen, 239 for normal probably, 252 for hard mode perhaps? There'll probably be a new level of badges for 25-man, while the 10-man will probably use the Naxx25 tokens, as they'll just end up duplicating half the items otherwise, and dalaran will be overrun by epic badge vendors. The new items available from tokens probably won't be higher than 226.
    assuming weapon scaling continues the way it is, we'll be seeing 239 185 dps one handers (same as i.e. titansteel destroyer) and 252 200 dps one handers... which would frankly be such a crazy dps compared so certain scrubs... I mean come on, not even the KJ one handers had more dps than S2 2handers.
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

I can already see a picture in my mind of Athene and Furious telling people that Blizz named s6 items after Furious... :

The thing about pvp gear is made from ally and horde side is why the heck would a blacksmith make it really boring with no horns or whatsoever. Any goddamn gladiator/war film, u name it... Their armor has something interresting.. ;/

Functional my ass.. :P

I am going to go out on a limb and say they will not have Valor dropping in Ulduar 10.

Ulduar will have two different types of badges. I am going to hope that they learned alot from the Sunwell debacle and won't allow players to save up their valor tokens now so they can buy the Ulduar 10 Tier gear from the vendor on the day of patch. (Tier 8 if you will; with Ulduar 25 being 8.5).

you guys wanted differents sets, so you got em. and they pull off Functional very well.
    They really are not different sets when you look at it. It's 3 tiers of recoloured 'mehness'. It would be nice if they had a little more flare to the sets. Instead, they look like something I was farming from UBRS.

my bet is

ulduar 10- 2 valor badges per boss , 2 epixx with a ilevel half a tier higher than baxx 25
    ulduar 25 -1 conquest and a full tier above naxx 25

ulduar 10 is going to be harder than naxx 25 (ok i dont have that confirmed by blizz but come on its going to have to be!) if the gear isnt better than naxx 25 no ones going to bother.

Quote Originally Posted by QQQQQQQ
    [blizzquote="Kalgan;http://blue.mmo-champion.com/11/14910422788-arena-matchmaking-system-faq.html]There's still plenty of room for some items to be pretty hard to get without causing most players to be left out of good gear. [/blizzquote"]

Official confirmation that they want epics for everyone if you ask me.

Bring on welfare legendaries.
    You've had 2+ years of confirmation of that. Srsly.

Who cares about epics for everyone? The real problem is there isn't ANYTHING for only really good players anymore - there's no content designed to be very very difficult. As long as there's content for both it's cool, when it's just content for everyone it's bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Drawme
    You've had 2+ years of confirmation of that. Srsly.

Who cares about epics for everyone? The real problem is there isn't ANYTHING for only really good players anymore - there's no content designed to be very very difficult. As long as there's content for both it's cool, when it's just content for everyone it's bad.
    I believe that the Ulduar 'hard-modes' are for that

BTW how did this news post about arena became.. oh yeah, the badge part
    Quote Originally Posted by Nawramsti
    Mages are fine wtf are you talking about.
    Frost for PvP Arcane for LOLPVP and Fire for...... for.....for.......one sec will get back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by jamaknmecrzy
    /agree

I think it's good that the less hard core players can still get some gear maybe, besides the chances aren't good that your class will even get gear, let alone the set you want.
    So I mean I'm no mathematician but let's see here 8 classes x (2 sets x 5 pieces of gear per set)
    8x 10 = 80
    So I think, let's say you're going for a certain piece of gear pve hunter gloves for example
    your odds should be... 1/80 + 1/80 + 1/80... or in other words 3 chances to get a piece of gear that has a 1/80 chance of dropping
    or... 1/26.67 But that's not even factoring in if there are other people in the raid that need it too.

So... let's say there are three of you and you all need it. 1/26.67 x 1/3 = oh snap look at that you're back up to 1/80.

But like I said I'm no mathematician so I dont even know if m math is right I just think it is. Either way your chances of getting any gear are slim.
    Sort of right. You are right that the chances aren't very high (clearly not 50%, etc).

However, firstly, there's not a piece of gear for every single class in the game. Hunter gear can suit all hunter talent specs. Warrior gear is usually (in my experiences) for arms or fury (DPS), etc. Plus some of the "lost protector" (etc) badges apply to 3 different classes. So really the base probability you're working off is higher than you are suggesting.

Then there's the whole thing that, in my case, I'm usually the only (or there's only 1 other) physical DPS warrior in a raid group, hence if warrior gear drops I have a 50% - 100% chance of getting that gear, etc.
    Easy way to handle gold sellers:

No-one has ever replied to that :P

Hm arena hm season hm wtf ?! Arena is dead since wintergrasp came on wow stage. Arena season WHAT number who where when ?(:
    Srlsy FIX the god damn classes, resil, HERO CLASSES aka DK's and shut down that vault of archavon bullshit:P and then call it a season!
    Ye and btw AV is dead :'( one some bg's ofc

Quote Originally Posted by Downshake
    Hm arena hm season hm wtf ?! Arena is dead since wintergrasp came on wow stage. Arena season WHAT number who where when ?(:
    Srlsy FIX the god damn classes, resil, HERO CLASSES aka DK's and shut down that vault of archavon bullshit:P and then call it a season!
    Ye and btw AV is dead :'( one some bg's ofc
    Come on, do you expect balance, do you expect that all classes are equal...that's not realistic. I agree, rid of VOA due to the fact of free deadly gear (3/5) to noobs then they claim they can PVP by getting 3/5 deadly and run BG's to get hateful/deadly offset is considered arena experts. Sure, we want to help the casual, but NOT CARETAKE to them and give them a free ride.

2k is easy due to the fact that PVE has set priority in how to gear up. I see full pve mages and hunters in arena and I am full 800 resil juggernaut and I hit them for crap or they have soo much outs that trying to hit them is impossible. While they kite the shit out of me, I get hit for the OP ES and yes, still OP barrage. Yet, barrage isn't as bad as before, so I am less QQ'ing on that, lol. Obtaining PVP gear is a joke and a waste, 3v3 tourney will be a joke that all I see will be RMP, DK/hunter/pali, or DK/Pali/War teams. You might squeeze some boom/mage/shamman teams or boom/lock/shamman teams, but it's the same ole same ole on the top.

In any statement i didint said "BALANCE" i said fix coz of insane burst damage some classes do and INSANE surv of such i dont have to mention teh imba hero class -.- !
    The pvp arena all in all IS PURE CRAP and i just dont see any seasons its funny tbh coz classes wins not a player and that pisses me off GREATLY.
    Holy man & Unholy man really imba duo that pisses me off hm they need to click few stuff and lets get over 2k pih imba stupid !

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by QQQQQQQ
    [blizzquote="Kalgan;http://blue.mmo-champion.com/11/14910422788-arena-matchmaking-system-faq.html]There's still plenty of room for some items to be pretty hard to get without causing most players to be left out of good gear. [/blizzquote"]

Official confirmation that they want epics for everyone if you ask me.

Bring on welfare legendaries.
    Wow. You honestly could not be any more of a moron.
    Because colors are serious business, right? The color of something denotes how valuable and "good" it is, right?
    Oh wait. No, not it doesn't. At all.
    It's called item level you worthless bastard. Go complain some more about something you know nothing about.
    They do this for a reason, and it's a good reason which actually makes sense if you get your finger out of your ass for 10 seconds to read something.
    If something is epic, it's >all right? Wrong. Item level. So who the hell cares if someone gets a Claymore of Ancient Power (epic, and terible), if YOU have a BoH (epic, and amazing).
    Use a little common sense before complaining about something. NO one cares if someone is decked out in Naxx gear, you will have the stuff that requires you to WORK and THINK for. MAN THE HEIGAN DANCE IS HARDLOL.
    Wait for Ulduar, and see what I'm talking about. Those terribles who are decked out in "sick lolnaxx epix" wont TOUCH anything compared to someone decked out in full t8 with the highest end weapons from 25 man. I'm sorry but you little pussies need to stop complaining so god damn much. THIS IS KARAZHAN PEOPLE.
    It'll get better.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE