Can some1 help me with Dual-wield spec DK?

Since i`ve created my dk i was playing as unholy.it`s a lot of fun but i`ve become bored with it honestly and i want to switch to DW but i want to hear your suggestions about hit cap , talents ... some weapons that you thinks is the best and ofc all the other suggestions you can give me.Thanks.

Re: Can some1 help me with Dual-wield spec DK?

The best suggestion that you'll receive on these forums is probably to head over to the EJ forums and read up on the DW thread for DK's.

It also helps to know if your planning on DPS'n or Tanking.
    "My rage bar is blue, and I start the fight pissed!" - Battlecry of the Ret Paladin.
    "The best defense is a good offense." - Motto of the Ret Paladin.
    River Below - Billy Talent - Theme Song of the Ret Paladin.

DK Death Strike Tanking
    The Power of Avoidance! - DK Tank Required Reading
    DK AP Coefficients
    DK Threat Values

Aurich von Deathstrike

Thank you for responding.I`m planning to do some dmg.And as i know that best wpns for dual wield shamans are the slower ones i was wondering is that same with DK-s?As frost and unholy for haste ( http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=jZGze...Zf0hhxckxcq0do spec ) i was thinking that better wpn are slower because of their dmg.not dps.

can you help me out?point me in some directions? rotation maybe ... something that will do insane dmg that only dk-s can? thank you mate

Quote Originally Posted by PropalaLS
    Thank you for responding.I`m planning to do some dmg.And as i know that best wpns for dual wield shamans are the slower ones i was wondering is that same with DK-s?As frost and unholy for haste ( http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=jZGze...Zf0hhxckxcq0do spec ) i was thinking that better wpn are slower because of their dmg.not dps.

can you help me out?point me in some directions? rotation maybe ... something that will do insane dmg that only dk-s can? thank you mate
    Read: http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t36303-dps_compendium/
    "My rage bar is blue, and I start the fight pissed!" - Battlecry of the Ret Paladin.

DK Death Strike Tanking
    DK AP Coefficients
    DK Threat Values

Aurich von Deathstrike

Thanks.

51/20 blood frost DW build i roll it i do great dps in naxx and your not following the lame caster builds related to the frost/unholy build..

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deathknight=23050015310033132310500135132004350300000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000&glyph=000000000000

yea u wont be top dps with other DK's that are frost/unholy but right now im rolling about 2k dps on a regular basis with so/so gear mainly craftables and some drops from naxx

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...er&n=Nyxternal

I would also go to a better forum to read up. EJ and plaguechill are probably the best ones followed by deathknight info. For dw i would not spec blood as the previous poster said. Bloods attacks are based on weapon dmg wich really doesnt suit a dw build. Blood works best with 2handers n thats that. But if u really love it i say stick with it unless guildleader starts whining.

Either go for 32/39 44/27 or 10/10/51 or 0/20/51 depending on gear. U will atleast need about 320 hit depending on if u have an sp raiding or not. If u do u can go down to about 300. Pick the spec that suits u the most. Because rotations takes getting used to. If u have trouble completing full rotations after 3-4 raids swich spec into another that suits u more. If u like a spec u do more dmg with it even if its not cookie cutter.

Fun factor > raid dps

Deleted

2k dps so so is not great dps on any meter.

Blood DW has always been terrible, is terrible, and most likely WILL always be terrible.

0/32/39 build OP linked is good, just swap the extra IT range and death chill -> Merciless Combat.

Blood is just stupid for DW, most your damage comes from attacks based on weapon damage, just silly to DW with stuff like that.

lol @ Obliterates as DW

P.S Pure str gems are better for DPS than str+crit. It's nothing about personal preference. Str just is superior. And if you went proper 0 32 39 spec you'd propably be rolling about 3k dps on regular basis.

P.P.S What's all the crap about "fun factor" nowadays anyway, I mean, what's so much more fun about spamming 1k critting shit ability instead of 4k critting proper ability and doing twice the DPS? It's all the same ability spam.

Quote Originally Posted by Janz
    2k dps so so is not great dps on any meter.

Blood DW has always been terrible, is terrible, and most likely WILL always be terrible.

0/32/39 build OP linked is good, just swap the extra IT range and death chill -> Merciless Combat.

Blood is just stupid for DW, most your damage comes from attacks based on weapon damage, just silly to DW with stuff like that.

lol @ Obliterates as DW

P.S Pure str gems are better for DPS than str+crit. It's nothing about personal preference. Str just is superior. And if you went proper 0 32 39 spec you'd propably be rolling about 3k dps on regular basis.

P.P.S What's all the crap about "fun factor" nowadays anyway, I mean, what's so much more fun about spamming 1k critting shit ability instead of 4k critting proper ability and doing twice the DPS? It's all the same ability spam.
    Agree with everything you said except first line.

Unholy 2h = DW in dps.

But yeah for the rest your totally right:
    Blood = yiish, even frost 2-h > blood...
    Gems: Pure str in every socket except of course to get the prereq for meta gems.

I couldn't agree more about the last paragraph... Why does ppl think it's ''fun'' to intentionnaly gimp your dps by spec'ing weirdly or gem'ing/enchanting weird ???

EDIT: oh snap I read 2H dps is so so.... and you wrote 2K dps... my bad. Yeah 2k dps is so so in heroics, it's plain terrible in raids.

i agree with the two guys that posted before me for everyting but the gems. Alot of a unholy/frost dmg comes from shite hits. So getting to as close to hit cap as possible without losing to much AP should be a must, considering that DW spec hit cap is ~24%. I would gem Str/Hit gems till im satisfied. And one more note, if you are a DW DK t7 and t7.5 suck.

2k dps is not so so. It's terrible.

Our guild's lowest dps is 3.some k.

Blood scales with wep damage. So it sucks for DW.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamb
    I couldn't agree more about the last paragraph... Why does ppl think it's ''fun'' to intentionnaly gimp your dps by spec'ing weirdly or gem'ing/enchanting weird ???
    It isn't, it's just a bullshit excuse for people who want to spec/play whatever the fuck.

As for DW builds. Lately I've been messing around with a hybrid IT/FS spam build but instead made it more DW and spell friendly.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=jfV00...khoZf0hhxckx0o

It doesn't have the death runes for a full IT spam cycle but you get the impurity scaling on all your primary nukes (IT, HB, DC).

Anyway, that's my "whatever the fuck" build. I've yet to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    It isn't, it's just a bullshit excuse for people who want to spec/play whatever the fuck.

As for DW builds. Lately I've been messing around with a hybrid IT/FS spam build but instead made it more DW and spell friendly.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=jfV00...khoZf0hhxckx0o

It doesn't have the death runes for a full IT spam cycle but you get the impurity scaling on all your primary nukes (IT, HB, DC).

Anyway, that's my "whatever the fuck" build. I've yet to try it.
    I'll spare you the gold. You DON'T want deathrune mastery... Your primary blast uses frost unholy, why would you ever want to switch them to deathrunes ?? It's the BLOOD rune you want to switch to deathrunes, not the other ones.

Yet you can only HB twice in a 10 second period. Death rune mastery was taken with the intent of using IT.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Shamb
    I'll spare you the gold. You DON'T want deathrune mastery... Your primary blast uses frost unholy, why would you ever want to switch them to deathrunes ?? It's the BLOOD rune you want to switch to deathrunes, not the other ones.
    That's cause 2x IT > 1x HB.

A lot of people actually go DRM aswell just so they can do 6x IT in a row with Death runes

Quote Originally Posted by Janz
    That's cause 2x IT > 1x HB.
    Single target vs AoE. Not a fair comparison.

DK Death Strike Tanking
    DK AP Coefficients
    DK Threat Values

Aurich von Deathstrike

blood + dw sucks..... not

i sure do fine without being epiced.. rag on my build all u want ... i didnt want to be a plate wearing spell caster that seems lame.. woop blood scales with wep u have to use 2h.. nah 3k hs 6k ob's without being epiced out seems fine with me 2k is sustained usually around 3500 bosses with DRW and burst in 5mans in high on bosses. if u wana follow the same bullshit spec roll the spellcaster dk..

and yes mixing str/crit gems makes for some nice hits

Instead of making a new thread, you could have checked the other post about dual-wield tanking specs that is also on the main page.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamnyx
    blood + dw sucks..... not

i sure do fine without being epiced.. rag on my build all u want ... i didnt want to be a plate wearing spell caster that seems lame.. woop blood scales with wep u have to use 2h.. nah 3k hs 6k ob's without being epiced out seems fine with me 2k is sustained usually around 3500 bosses with DRW and burst in 5mans in high on bosses. if u wana follow the same bullshit spec roll the spellcaster dk..

and yes mixing str/crit gems makes for some nice hits
    Dude, I have a shit geared DK as well and my blood strikes hit for 4k.

Problem is, I'm frost.