Thread: Post Your UI

  1. #10381
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    204
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedexkilla View Post
    There's an addon called Align that makes a simple grid on the screen. I've been using it for a while now.

    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...153-Align.html
    I've been using that for a while now. Great little addon. The problem is more with SUF not being 100% pixel accurate, so there's a lot of fiddling to get the frames sized exactly against one another (the raid frames and the player frame being the same width for example).

    Ichy, I can indeed sort that out for you. Drop me a PM to remind me (busy man at the minute... )

  2. #10382
    Quote Originally Posted by Gymertron View Post
    I've been using that for a while now. Great little addon. The problem is more with SUF not being 100% pixel accurate, so there's a lot of fiddling to get the frames sized exactly against one another (the raid frames and the player frame being the same width for example).

    Ichy, I can indeed sort that out for you. Drop me a PM to remind me (busy man at the minute... )
    PM sent

    5chars

  3. #10383
    Keyboard Turner
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Atlantis
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by swordbeta View Post
    There once was an image... - Ignore the ugly crystal shell weakauras!
    Love your UI. Would you be able to tell me what mods you use, and especially, what texture you use for raid warning bars and unit frames? Thanks!

  4. #10384
    Bars at the top because I don't know my own keybinds well enough, also inspired by Kait's Eclipse UI. Recreated the shit in the middle.

    http://i.imgur.com/2PIc8CA.jpg

  5. #10385
    Warchief Serj Tankian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    United States & Germany
    Posts
    2,145
    Ended up resubbing this patch. Completely resinstalled WoW. So I had to remake my whole UI. What a dreadful process... Anyway, here's what we're looking at at this time.

    Click image for original size

    I really need to download WeakAuras again and remake all of those at some point... That'll be fun....

    EDIT:Stupid me. Forgot to add a combat screenshot...
    Last edited by Serj Tankian; 2013-03-20 at 03:55 AM.


  6. #10386
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneepel View Post
    Bars at the top because I don't know my own keybinds well enough, also inspired by Kait's Eclipse UI. Recreated the shit in the middle.

    http://i.imgur.com/2PIc8CA.jpg
    Cool UI man. Nice and clean. Not often I see UIs with the abilities at the top of the screen. :P
    Just a few things though...
    You say you don't know your bindings well enough and that is why you have your bars at the top... But you can't really see the binding text anyway - it gets cut off D:
    What is the white box in the middle, below your portrait? Sticks out like a sore thumb and takes up a fair bit of room :\
    And finally, what is stopping you from putting your skada inside the panel beneath it? (Opposite side of the screen to your chatbox) Is there something else which appears there? Also you should remove the icons from skada 'cause it looks crap hehe.

  7. #10387
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    Y U NO C&C MY UI?
    Seriously I was looking forward to one of your pictures with the red markers :P

    Raid Combat
    Last edited by Drayarr; 2013-03-20 at 04:20 PM.

  8. #10388
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    Cool UI man. Nice and clean. Not often I see UIs with the abilities at the top of the screen. :P
    Just a few things though...
    You say you don't know your bindings well enough and that is why you have your bars at the top... But you can't really see the binding text anyway - it gets cut off D:
    What is the white box in the middle, below your portrait? Sticks out like a sore thumb and takes up a fair bit of room :\
    And finally, what is stopping you from putting your skada inside the panel beneath it? (Opposite side of the screen to your chatbox) Is there something else which appears there? Also you should remove the icons from skada 'cause it looks crap hehe.
    1) I cropped the picture wrong, I can see the bindings fine(D. I will eventually disable the bars as they don't go with the UI, but for now it helps lol.

    2) It WAS a weak auras box that would show a 3d effect when ever I had something up (Backdraft, backlash, etc), but I'm reorganizing it and putting it somewhere else and somewhere more subtle now.

    3) Combat log, that's why. Also I like the icons D:

  9. #10389
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Y U NO C&C MY UI?
    Seriously I was looking forward to one of your pictures with the red markers :P

    Raid Combat
    The thought of replying to this is what got me through the second half of work today. Could not wait
    I really went to town on your UI, but all I can say is that you asked for it! Hahah

    Enjoy! (And sorry!) http://screencast.com/t/IAHqFyn2

    EDIT: These things always make me realise how picky I am
    Last edited by Pixil; 2013-03-21 at 12:34 AM.

  10. #10390
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    The thought of replying to this is what got me through the second half of work today. Could not wait
    I really went to town on your UI, but all I can say is that you asked for it! Hahah

    Enjoy! (And sorry!) http://screencast.com/t/IAHqFyn2

    EDIT: These things always make me realise how picky I am
    Bwahahaha, I will read and change stuff tomorrow, really tired now and I need to sleep

  11. #10391
    Mechagnome Astrizia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Boris Lair
    Posts
    593
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    The thought of replying to this is what got me through the second half of work today. Could not wait
    I really went to town on your UI, but all I can say is that you asked for it! Hahah

    Enjoy! (And sorry!) http://screencast.com/t/IAHqFyn2

    EDIT: These things always make me realise how picky I am
    The evil slide bar of doom getting killed with fire will Mae me sleep better than I have in ages, thank you for making the world a brighter place to live!

    aka maybenotquiteasheavy/torgerd

  12. #10392
    I really wish SBF had buff consolidation. (Or if it does, I wish I knew where it was.)



    edit: Thumbnails are p good.
    Last edited by piefayth; 2013-03-21 at 09:26 AM.

  13. #10393
    Quote Originally Posted by maybenotquiteasheavy View Post
    The evil slide bar of doom getting killed with fire will Mae me sleep better than I have in ages, thank you for making the world a brighter place to live!
    That sidebar was cremated, its ashes scattered from the top of mount hyjal. May this help you sleep better!

    @Pixil - Your "picky" nature, as you put it, is a massive help to myself and many others with regards to minor things we overlook in our UI's because we spend time using it but miss little details that an outside perspective picks up on. Your C&C will help me polish off my UI make it "finished" however, I wont be doing it today as its my BIRTHDAY! So I'm currently having a coffee and eating a slice of birthday cake. Keep up the good C&C, because at least from me its hugely appreciated
    Last edited by Drayarr; 2013-03-21 at 02:11 PM.

  14. #10394
    Epic!
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,598
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    That sidebar was cremated, its ashes scattered from the top of mount hyjal. May this help you sleep better!

    @Pixil - Your "picky" nature, as you put it, is a massive help to myself and many others with regards to minor things we overlook in our UI's because we spend time using it but miss little details that an outside perspective picks up on. Your C&C will help me polish off my UI make it "finished" however, I wont be doing it today as its my BIRTHDAY! So I'm currently having a coffee and eating a slice of birthday cake. Keep up the good C&C, because at least from me its hugely appreciated
    Happy Birthday!

    Are you going to share your cake? (;
    Random stuff WoW UI Enthusiast BNet
    Youtube Some old UIs Hulari#21213(EU)
    Stream (updated, usually wow.) Lastest UI (Roth's Diablo inspired) Go ahead, add me!

  15. #10395
    Field Marshal Sagain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by piefayth View Post
    I really wish SBF had buff consolidation. (Or if it does, I wish I knew where it was.)



    edit: Thumbnails are p good.
    I always love simplicity, great UI. One question though - What bar texture is that and where can I get my hands on it?

  16. #10396
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    Happy Birthday!

    Are you going to share your cake? (;
    Yesh, but I want a birthday kiss from you Care <33333
    *shares cake with care*

  17. #10397
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagain View Post
    I always love simplicity, great UI. One question though - What bar texture is that and where can I get my hands on it?
    It's called "Flat Smooth" and it's available in the default SharedMedia package.

  18. #10398
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Latvia.
    Posts
    360

    I like mine.
    Last edited by Treeston; 2013-03-22 at 05:38 PM.

  19. #10399
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    That sidebar was cremated, its ashes scattered from the top of mount hyjal. May this help you sleep better!

    @Pixil - Your "picky" nature, as you put it, is a massive help to myself and many others with regards to minor things we overlook in our UI's because we spend time using it but miss little details that an outside perspective picks up on. Your C&C will help me polish off my UI make it "finished" however, I wont be doing it today as its my BIRTHDAY! So I'm currently having a coffee and eating a slice of birthday cake. Keep up the good C&C, because at least from me its hugely appreciated
    Good good, them sidebars deserve what they get!
    I just hope no one takes offence, thinking that I'm saying their UI is poo :P But yeah it's just little details that are worth pointing out to improve people's UIs ever so slightly

    And finally, HAPPY BIRTHDAY for yesterday! Hope you enjoyed your cake, and that Care didn't steal it all - the dirty little cake thief!

  20. #10400

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •