10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Myron's ui before it was redesigned for mop..but could be wrong

Quote Originally Posted by konilo View Post
    Can anyone help me identify my old UI?

http://i.imgur.com/LiWENYg.jpg
    Looks like TukUI.

Quote Originally Posted by eflow View Post
    ok, I fixed the pet frames ...

while I'm at it, might as well make one for each class that have a pet (and I actually play it) =o

jesus christ, so pretty ;o you will be the man if u share it someday

while I'm at it, might as well make one for each class that have a pet (and I actually play it) =o

definitely interested in your share, if available! this is really clean work

10+ Year Old Account

Changed it around a little. Havn't raided with this version of my UI yet.

The Borders for my Cast Bar and Raid Frames are that kind of looks like KGPanels is actually just Empty Weak Aura Bars that I am using as ElvUI addon skins, skins Bars now and it makes REALLY nice borders : D!

I'm not really sure how to share this, since the UI is basically:

ElvUI
    + custom textures for bars
    + about 25 custom kgpanels with specific links to the UI, scripts to pop up for the correct classes and stuff

the thing is that it's 100% "locked". Since I simply made it for my personal use, it's not something you can customize. You can't for example increase the size of one frame or the pannel won't match it. Neither you can move them "a little to the right/left", since the textures were cropped in their specific sizes and then rebuilt on the UI. So if you want a smaller chat pane, you can't lower it's size unless you edit the texture on photoshop.

Weakauras
    + 100% of the HUD in the middle (for the monk) are custom textures and icons for procs, tracking etc. So there's a little over a 100 auras in them.

in the whole UI there's around 75 custom .tga files specifically designed to work in a 1900x1080 resolution.

I'll see if I can make a more "edit friendly" version of the textures that allows people to move it around a little more. Like make panels that can actually "float" to allow people to drag them around. Because this current version I literally made it on photoshop, cropped and glued together in the game. For example those tigers are attached to the bars behind, their back in one texture, their head in the other =p

basically there's a lot of things like this:

I didn't make a proper panel that can function elsewhere. I simply cropped saved a .tga and called a day =o .. But I can't really fix it right now with the amount of work I have to do this week =o

And while we are on subject, for my warrior I made a simple HUD (maybe will upgrade it a bit if I play more with her) to track the ragebar, shield slam and revenge when they are available to be used.

Well, I'll see if I can make a "public version" of the UI in the next weeks.
    Last edited by eflow; 2014-03-05 at 12:23 AM.

I'm not really sure how to share this, since the UI is basically:

ElvUI
    + custom textures for bars
    + about 25 custom kgpanels with specific links to the UI, scripts to pop up for the correct classes and stuff

the thing is that it's 100% "locked". Since I simply made it for my personal use, it's not something you can customize. You can't for example increase the size of one frame or the pannel won't match it. Neither you can move them "a little to the right/left", since the textures were cropped in their specific sizes and then rebuilt on the UI. So if you want a smaller chat pane, you can't lower it's size unless you edit the texture on photoshop.

Weakauras
    + 100% of the HUD in the middle (for the monk) are custom textures and icons for procs, tracking etc. So there's a little over a 100 auras in them.

in the whole UI there's around 75 custom .tga files specifically designed to work in a 1900x1080 resolution.

I'll see if I can make a more "edit friendly" version of the textures that allows people to move it around a little more. Like make panels that can actually "float" to allow people to drag them around. Because this current version I literally made it on photoshop, cropped and glued together in the game. For example those tigers are attached to the bars behind, their back in one texture, their head in the other =p

basically there's a lot of things like this:

I didn't make a proper panel that can function elsewhere. I simply cropped saved a .tga and called a day =o .. But I really fix it right now with the amount of work I have to do this week =o

And while we are on subject, for my warrior I made a simple HUD (maybe will upgrade it a bit if I play more with her) to track the ragebar, shield slam and revenge when they are available to be used.

Well, I'll see if I can make a "public version" of the UI in the next weeks.
    Sharing ui is simple, you sharing whole WTF directory with your acc settings and profile + directory with addons
    Player who wants to import this need to change in WTF dir account name to his one

Beautiful work!

Looks better and better the more I look at your UI.
    Only thing I would like you to change is the minimap

10+ Year Old Account
    I still need to make some small textures like a texture for the pet frame.

Yeh, it's pretty much elvUI with textures made by me, all those fancy "fantasy" stuff are custom made, then I imported them with KGpanels. Those "HUDs" in the middle are made with weak auras. They are basically the tracking of important monk stuff like Chi, energy, procs, brew stacks, brew buff durations etc.
    I would recommend not using ElvUI. I'm really impressed by your creativity but I think that the sleek black look of ElvUI is mismatched with your (beautiful) D3-style of bronzed artwork. I think ElvUI is a perfectly good "plug and play" UI, but I personally think you'd get more mileage out of styling addons to fit your look rather than using ElvUI's look in parts of the UI.

Just my opinion. I really like what you've done, though.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

The reason why I started to use it is because of performance.

When you start to add all the necessary addons to get the same thing, and some of them like Pitbull are not exactly "optmized" (it consumed 3 times what elvUI used, just for the unit frame), when you get to a 25h progression, where the fights are a LOT more cpu intensive than 10h or 25lfr with billions of addons working at the same time, it can sacrifice fps.

For example, I had before:

dominos - action bar
    masque - action bar textures
    prat - chat
    quartz - cast bar
    pitbull - unitframes
    simpleminimap - minimap
    tiptac - for the tooltips
    moveanything - to drag frames around
    titanpanels - the info panels
    satrinabuffframes - buff icons on top
    classtimers - classbuffbars

only there we are talking about more than 10 addons, while elvUI does all that while using 1/5 of the memory required and being a lot more "performance friendly".

On fights like Heroic Lei shen, my fps went from avg. 20 (going as low as 15 in some parts of the fight) to avg. 35fps after I moved to elvUI. The sheer number of addons I needed before, gutted me over 10fps during 25h progression raids.

With this current setup, I can easily run avg. 40 fps on garrosh (going down to 20-25fps for a few seconds during adds aoe), peaking 50-60fps on the rest of the fight.

While I think it's nice to have a pretty UI, It should also be practical and optmized enough to have a good performance in raids. And it's a lot more practical to keep uptdated. I know elvUI has some limitations in terms of customization and not everything falls perfectly in place with the style I went for ... but in the end, the benefits of the whole package wins =)

Currently, I'm using:
    Big Wigs
    EavesDrop - the small combat log in the top left corner
    ElvUI
    Hermes - managing raid cds
    KGPanels
    Omen
    OmniCC - only because the built in from elvUI doesn't cover other addons like magic runes
    SCT - combat messages
    Skada
    Tidy Plates (threat plates)
    Weak Auras.

+ a couple of addons that are not related to the interface.
    Last edited by eflow; 2014-03-04 at 07:44 PM.

Deleted
    snip
    well said, and good job on your ui, looks really awesome

Great work!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuuki View Post
    That Xuen themed UI is proof that ElvUI is awesome.
    lolwat

10+ Year Old Account
    While I think it's nice to have a pretty UI, It should also be practical and optmized enough to have a good performance in raids.
    I agree with that, though I'm fairly sure you can use addons with better performance than, for example, Pitbull (like stUF) and still end up with a CPU cost effective UI, but ultimately you have to go with what works for you. If that set-up is ideal for you in terms of performance, that's great. I just felt that aesthetically ElvUI was a bit mismatched.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Need to steal a little bit of everyones UI!

Effectively you can get the same end result with many combinations of addons. The difference is elvui has everything in one regularly updated package. I still thing the best thing ever are the 10-20kb mini addons on wowinterface but i dont have the time to manually edit most of them for hours anymore not to mention they rarely update if at all.

only there we are talking about more than 10 addons, while elvUI does all that while using 1/5 of the memory required and being a lot more "performance friendly".
    Even so i think this is a biased opinion since none of your previously used addons are even advertised as performance-friendly.
    Last edited by Bizerk; 2014-03-05 at 02:16 PM.

Please zip ur Interface n WTF Folders <3 I'd love to use ur UI!

eflow - now THAT is a 'ElvUI edit'. I'm thrilled to see something that appears to be functional, a little 'frilly', and not hell-bent on minimalism and pixel fonts, but isn't as... well, not SpartanUI or something.

Attempted a more "flashy" UI

Deleted
    I think your Totem Timers are slightly off^^ They run out a second or two before the totem actually disappears...other than that: great work, as always^^

Quote Originally Posted by Birgwow View Post
    Attempted a more "flashy" UI
    I love it! But then I would, right? :-P

One thing you could try (not because I think it needs it, but just as an idea) is doing the whole cropped 3D model effect. That's where you zoom in a spell effect model to the point where it clearly is cutting into the edges of the square it's displayed in. When you do it like that it gives you some nice straight lines to integrate with other (straight edged) UI elements. You can have it cut into 1, 2, 3 or all 4 edges depending on your design.

(to get the spell auras big enough to cut into the edges you often have to adjust the Z depth thing beyond the limits of the slider, and compensate with the Y position beyond the limits of that slider. Although I'm sure you're already familiar with that agonising process... :-)