Unholy Spam Macro

Hi all

I hope some of you have some insite in making/understanding macros

I got this macro:

#showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=6/combat/shift Icy Touch, Plague Strike, Scourge Strike, Blood Strike, Blood Strike, Death Coil, Scourge Strike, Death Coil, Scourge Strike, Scourge Strike, Death Coil

I dont understand what the "reset=6" means/does/that funktion it has, can any1 tell me please

-Proxiz

Re: Unholy Spam Macro

reset=6 => reset the rotation every 6 seconds which is obvisouly stupid considering all the spells you have in the list.
    Sapped girls don't say no

I dont understand why you want to use a single button macro.
    For starters its unreliable , if you find yourself in a situation where you need to apply a disease that was cured / removed / dispelled you're screwed !
    Another thing is , even if it worked it would be very boring. IMO !

Deleted

That macro is just awful. DK is too complicated class to play well with crap macros like that. We are not hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Proxiz
    Hi all

I hope some of you have some insite in making/understanding macros

I got this macro:

#showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=6/combat/shift Icy Touch, Plague Strike, Scourge Strike, Blood Strike, Blood Strike, Death Coil, Scourge Strike, Death Coil, Scourge Strike, Scourge Strike, Death Coil

I dont understand what the "reset=6" means/does/that funktion it has, can any1 tell me please

-Proxiz
    um......huh?

there are few macros you can write. lik trying and executoing a rune strike after scourge strike/blood strike/death strike/obliterate or applying the diseases at once (dunno if this one works tho) or dumping your RP with a UB followed immediatly by a DC

EDIT : those are obvuiously unholy tanking oriented macros
    Sapped girls don't say no

What everyone's trying to get at, is that while macro's are still good for us, in some utilitarian type ways, such as macro'ing Rune Strike into your other attacks so that it automatically activates when it's available, complex castsequence macros are pretty bad for DK's. The main problem is that most of our abilities are priority based, which means that you use certain abilities based on what you have already applied before, or what your Runic Power is at, and so on. So if anything in your macro misses, you are pretty much screwed for the rest of the rotation. In short, don't use it, and learn to play the class properly, and you'll be much better off.

To say it again though, macros are still great tools for us for other reasons, such as macro'ing Death Pact and Raise Dead together. If you have your pet out, you can sac it, if not, then you can raise it. There's really no reason not to save button room and macro those together. See what I mean?

If u wanna smash 1 button and be a competitive class rerol, plz. You're making our name even worse.
    The only thing you can put in a macro is runestrike(if' you're tank as it seems). Other than that our rotation is not so easy you can put it in a macro.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadvael
    reset=6 => reset the rotation every 6 seconds which is obvisouly stupid considering all the spells you have in the list.
    This is not correct.

The "reset=6" part will reset the sequence 6 seconds from the last time the macro is activated. Each time you the hit macro, that 6 second timer is reset. So getting through a long /castsequence macro is possible even if your reset time is pretty short.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadvael
    Not quite.

reset=6/combat/shift will reset the sequence to the beginning when: A) you don't call the macro for 6 seconds, B) combat drops, or C) when you hold the Shift button while activating.

So if you stay in combat and press this button each 5 seconds, it will advance through the entire list before reset. If you for some reason don't have any RunePower, you'll get stuck and stay stuck at the Deathcoil.

Macros are great, but unholy has so many choices for dumping Runepower, with blight, gargoyle, deathcoil, corpse explosion, runestrike. And they all have their situational strengths. (It's good to see one reply thus far has answered the question you have.) There's no harm in having a soloing macro for when you're just grinding, but inside instances you definitely want to choose your RP dumps and work in pestilence/blood boil.

15+ Year Old Account

If you need a macro to play for you, play a simpler class. Crap like that makes for a crap DK. What happens when an attack misses? The rotation if fubared.