3.0.9 holy trinkets

Just curious what trinkets peopl are thinking of using to counter the DP nerf. Popping wings with it every 3 minutes will help some but if ulduar is going to be as healing intensive as I think it will be that may not be enough. so what trinkets are you thinking you should macro into DP after the nerf?

Re: 3.0.9 holy trinkets

With the right crit build:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40382

along with a High SD & MP/5 trink. (Je'Tze's Bell is what I'd shoot for/buy.)

Quote Originally Posted by wyrdone

Yea SoD is, and will continue to be a must have holy trink, I'm thinking more of a SD trinket to pop with DP to counter some of the healing reduction. I'm haing a hard time finding an "on use" +SP trink without going back into BC. a few procs (like Je'tze's) but nothing I can macro into my DP so I can counter the healing reduction.

I don't think there are any heroic or >iLVL200 trinks that have an on use SP now. At least none for healing. There are some with Crit & SP on use or hit & SP though.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=42413 is what im using atm togehter with soul of the dead. Might swap out the jc one if i get a good option, and considering the nerf to intel stacking.

if your that worried about mana as it is, or not being geared, then you most likely dont belong in ulduar. get geared by running the current heroic raids and youll be just fine in Ulduar.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...oof&n=Sunociva

Edit : after looking at your char alittle, your not that far off the ball. Id ditch some of that MP5 stuff and replace it with haste/crit. And deff. replace those trinkets. . . you should by now be able to pick up egg of emortal essence from the badge vendor. also the PVP pants, bye bye. and the 1-2 blues but thats not a huge deal you are looking decent and should be fine for Ulduar. The set bonuses are pretty good for pally healers, so id look at picking up 2/4 even if it lacks a few specs. . .

Sunociva, the OP was referring to the changes to Divine Prayer and how it will effect those pallies that have ignored MP/5 in their builds. For all I know, his gear may be perfectly fine, just not tuned for lack of Divine Prayer use.

(In other words, Stop being a sanctimonious jerk.)

i editted post, and i know im a jerk, but when it comes to pally healing. . . i know what im doing

yiptastic

crit and sp trinket will help us negate the healing penalty.

If a trinket gives both, that will be the ideal trinket.

If it's a healing intensive fight, using a haste trinket won't be bad either. If you are gonna hit Uldgar, you should have high spell crit, so boosting your crit won't give you that much more benefit. You can try with HPS boost.

but of course, timing DP well is the key.

I'm using the forge ember / Alchy trinket. Would it be worth changing both those out for je'tze's bell and SotD?

I'm currently stacking int as it's still showing promise.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ht&n=Eldadelin

Either way, question is - Worth losing alch stone and forge ember for Bell/SotD?

Sunociva, the OP was referring to the changes to Divine Prayer and how it will effect those pallies that have ignored MP/5 in their
    Which is why blizzard nerfed DP XD

Mana became such a non-issue even without any MP5 for a pally.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile
    Which is why blizzard nerfed DP XD

Mana became such a non-issue even without any MP5 for a pally.
    TBC paladin healing and WotLK paladin healing changed. A lot.

Quote Originally Posted by yiptastic
    crit and sp trinket will help us negate the healing penalty.

If a trinket gives both, that will be the ideal trinket.

If it's a healing intensive fight, using a haste trinket won't be bad either. If you are gonna hit Uldgar, you should have high spell crit, so boosting your crit won't give you that much more benefit. You can try with HPS boost.

but of course, timing DP well is the key.
    Crit for a holy pally actually gets better with the more you have.

i stopped stacking crit when i hit 40% raid buffed crit. and then started stacking INT out the ying yang. If you havnt done so already eletistjerks.com has already done all the math to show that INT is the stat you wanna boost over all the rest. i think in 10 mans last night fully buffed i was at around 2200 SP, 40% crit with 27k mana. Pallies get like 1.5 SP per 10 Int or something, i cant remember the math so you wont be losing much if you replaced +SP gems with +INT gems, and you get more mana to boot. id suggest all holy pallies looking to end game raid check out EJ.com

Quote Originally Posted by Sunociva
    if your that worried about mana as it is, or not being geared, then you most likely dont belong in ulduar. get geared by running the current heroic raids and youll be just fine in Ulduar.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...oof&n=Sunociva

Edit : after looking at your char alittle, your not that far off the ball. Id ditch some of that MP5 stuff and replace it with haste/crit. And deff. replace those trinkets. . . you should by now be able to pick up egg of emortal essence from the badge vendor. also the PVP pants, bye bye. and the 1-2 blues but thats not a huge deal you are looking decent and should be fine for Ulduar. The set bonuses are pretty good for pally healers, so id look at picking up 2/4 even if it lacks a few specs. . .
    You could enchant your gloves and put a better spell thread on your pants. Now that we are on the path of critique :P

Yes I understand my gear isnt the perfect setup right now, my play time isnt what it used to be when I was clearing sunwell, the pvp pants I just picked up a few days ago to replace my last piece of t6.. This post was to start a discussion about how we can best counter the Divine Plea nerf, trinkets was an obvious option. We are also going to have to start managing Divine Favor and Divine Illum a lot better now also (DF may still be saved for the DF/HS/FoL O shit macro, but was a good mana saving tool in BC and can be used that way again if needed). Stacking INT still makes sence due to replenishment. and of course using wings, but this can also be dangerous depending on if you may need to bubble in the next 30 seconds.