Thread: why not swords

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

why not swords

whats the reason us druids cant use 2hand and 1hand swords, we can now use polearm for some reason, i mean DKs use 2handed as tanking weapons so why not ferals, they use a staff/polearm anyway so there wouldnt be that big a difference, but what rly anoys me is that as balance druid, i can get the best weapons in the game, i allrdy got Greatstaff of the Nexus, and its good, but KT drops The Turning Tide which combined with surplus limp greatly surpasses my staff... what is the reason for this?

Re: why not swords

shaman and priests cant use swords, paladins daggers and rogues axes, deal with it, you are not the only one who cant get best caster weapon, its the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic
    whats the reason us druids cant use 2hand and 1hand swords, we can now use polearm for some reason, i mean DKs use 2handed as tanking weapons so why not ferals, they use a staff/polearm anyway so there wouldnt be that big a difference, but what rly anoys me is that as balance druid, i can get the best weapons in the game, i allrdy got Greatstaff of the Nexus, and its good, but KT drops The Turning Tide which combined with surplus limp greatly surpasses my staff... what is the reason for this?
    i wouldn't mind calamity's grasp on my DK either.
    Weapon classes are only there to limit the ammount of people rolling on a single piece of loot.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Jaedenar&n=Obscuri

Use Torch of Holy Fire instead sure 0.81% less crit, but care?

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic
    ... i mean DKs use 2handed as tanking weapons so why not ferals, they use a staff/polearm ...
    In fact, DK don't have access to staff.

Might as well just make everything available to everyone. Just be happy with what you get.

15+ Year Old Account

Because it wouldn't make sense?

Druids are nature related, peaceful beings, so a druid wearing a sword, wouldn't fit in the World of Warcraft. All other weapons accessable to druids, make sense perfectly.
    R.A.I.D - Resto at its destiny

Quote Originally Posted by Madhoof
    Because it wouldn't make sense?

Druids are nature related, peaceful beings, so a druid wearing a sword, wouldn't fit in the World of Warcraft. All other weapons accessable to druids, make sense perfectly.
    daggers?

daggers makes sense since dagger are also knives made for cutting things like meat. this is why rogues are assassins since they can take something as simple as a butter knife and make it a lethal weapon. daggers or knives have been used in many thing not just as weapons.

^ RP!!!! WTF /FLAME
    I participated in the legendary BACON thread.

15+ Year Old Account

In five words:

we
    do
    not
    need
    them

/thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by gortz
    daggers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftly
    daggers makes sense since dagger are also knives made for cutting things like meat. this is why rogues are assassins since they can take something as simple as a butter knife and make it a lethal weapon. daggers or knives have been used in many thing not just as weapons.
    This.

A "dagger" can also be some kind of primeval knife with its blade made of stone, for example. I don't think there is a problem with that.

Quote Originally Posted by arel00
    In five words:

we
    do
    not
    need
    them

/thread
    lol you cant /thread your own lame comment it just makes you look like a twit

15+ Year Old Account

This.

A "dagger" can also be some kind of primeval knife with its blade made of stone, for example. I don't think there is a problem with that.
    Polearm means "any kind of weapon where the dangerous part is on top of a pole". Cavemen already wielded "polearms" made of sharpened wood or with stone knives tied at one end of a long stick. They're actually as "natural" as daggers.

Points still stands - we don't need swords.

I see a lot Druids grabbing Blackice from the hunters.. and we still can't use maces :P.. not fair.

But hey.. Why Swords? Why not Axes? ... I think it's ok that not every class can use every type of weapons..

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by arel00
    Polearm means "any kind of weapon where the dangerous part is on top of a pole". Cavemen already wielded "polearms" made of sharpened wood or with stone knives tied at one end of a long stick. They're actually as "natural" as daggers.

Points still stands - we don't need swords.
    R u sure, u wanted to quote my post ? ^^

15+ Year Old Account

R u sure, u wanted to quote my post ? ^^
    Geez... five hours of sleep for a week DO have effects after all :P

Nvm me, I just failed epically

Y WARRORZ NO ABL US3 W@NDS 4 PEW P3W!?1eleven

New to fantasy RPGs?

Usual Druid lore tends to limit them from using any bladed weapon other than a Scimitar in certain lore circles. Polearms are allowed in WoW because of a change made in original beta. There used to be a Spear weapon class as well as Poleaxes. Where a Poleaxe is just that, a bladed Axe on a long pole, a Spear is a pointed thrusting weapon, not one that relies on having a sharpened blade. They combined the two for some reason in early beta, and when Feral AP was added, it just made bunches of weird problems with only one spec of one class wanting that kind of weapon and only being able to make them staves and maces.

WoW has readjusted to allow the use of Polrarms for Druids due to combining the Feral stats with those that Hunters often want resulting in less wasted, disenchanted Feral Attack Power gear.

then tbh it should only be melees who could use swords, cuz wth should a mage or lock be able 2 use a sword, it just dangle form their waist, btw thats why they got and offhand, thats becuz they rnt supposed 2 get hit, so they dont need a shield which would be better in combination with a sword.

when hybrids dmg is lower than pure dps classes, its not exactly good 2 nerf them away from the good gear...