1. #1

    Crit-stacked Disc/Holy build?

    Hi guys. What are your thoughts on stacking Crit in a Disc/Holy build? I was fiddling with the trees and noticed that Disc can be (read: often is) specced such that it can dip its toes into Holy far enough to pick up Inspiration. This, combined with Divine Aegis, seems to make high crit an interesting proposition. I'm being told right and left that my survivability in arenas is going to be next to nil, so why not use a build and gear out such that I can potentially make the most of the time I have?

    Has anyone tried such a build/loadout, or am I pipe dreaming?

    (p.s., just hit 80, so my existing build is not final)

  2. #2

    Re: Crit-stacked Disc/Holy build?

    The short answer from my point of view is: yes.

    I stack crit over haste for the most part as PVE Disc, with DA and rapture getting noticeable benefits from crit. I feel it's one of the better stats to stack as a PVE Disc priest.

    For me:

    SP=Int>Crit>Haste>other stuff

  3. #3

    Re: Crit-stacked Disc/Holy build?


  4. #4

    Re: Crit-stacked Disc/Holy build?

    My friend is a top tier raider as Discipline and stacks crit very heavily (almost 30% unbuffed).

    Here's armory:

    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...er&n=Sincerely

    And, as I'm told, the gear selection and build is "SUPER OP".

  5. #5

    Re: Crit-stacked Disc/Holy build?

    Quote Originally Posted by Synge
    My friend is a top tier raider as Discipline and stacks crit very heavily (almost 30% unbuffed).

    Here's armory:

    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...er&n=Sincerely

    And, as I'm told, the gear selection and build is "SUPER OP".
    Thoughts regarding PvP utility? That's really what I'm shooting for.

  6. #6

    Re: Crit-stacked Disc/Holy build?

    I absolutely love crit-stacked Disc Priest PVE. I'm still testing things out in PVP, and until games consistently last longer than 1-2 minutes, I think crit will give you the best return for your stat. Simple way to decide whether or not you need to regem: Am I running out of mana? Yes- more mp5/int No- more survivability (res/sta or in this case, crit).

    Here's a link to my Disc-Priest: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...gos&n=Krissers

    Self-buffed with DS2 she's 2300+ with 900 mp5 or 400 while casting. It's self-sustaining in 5's and in either 5's or 10's it's (to quote Synge) "super op" with raid buffs.

    If you want to try it out I also recommend picking up Discrecount, as it will calculate your shielding (works off the PW:S glyph) so you have a better idea how much you're healing.

  7. #7

    Re: Crit-stacked Disc/Holy build?

    Hey, thanks. I'll download that now.

    I've still got a bit of honor/mat farming and a full respec to go before I jump into arenas, but I'm sure it'll come in really handy. Much appreciated.

  8. #8

    Re: Crit-stacked Disc/Holy build?

    The current arena gear available doesn't really offer you enough crit to really make a difference, unless you wanna try and heal with the Shadow set. Besides the fact that you spend most of your time running around poles and not really getting a chance to cast spells that can crit w/o exposing yourself to 8 second counterspells and other school lockouts.

    Spend your item budget on Resil/stam/spell power and maybe spirit/mp5 when you get to higher gear levels if you plan on rolling Disc in arenas. It'll take a lot of time and work but eventually you may be able to survive that cheap shot -> kidney shot combo w/o having to trinket.

  9. #9

    Re: Crit-stacked Disc/Holy build?

    Quote Originally Posted by Relina
    The current arena gear available doesn't really offer you enough crit to really make a difference, unless you wanna try and heal with the Shadow set. Besides the fact that you spend most of your time running around poles and not really getting a chance to cast spells that can crit w/o exposing yourself to 8 second counterspells and other school lockouts.

    Spend your item budget on Resil/stam/spell power and maybe spirit/mp5 when you get to higher gear levels if you plan on rolling Disc in arenas. It'll take a lot of time and work but eventually you may be able to survive that cheap shot -> kidney shot combo w/o having to trinket.
    I was intending to go with the Shadow set. I get Haste from PW:S, meaning that on a shielded target, Penance and Flash Heal would be realistic. PoM, PW:S glyph, and Dispel Glyph heals can also crit. I thought, in this case, with a high enough crit rating, the benefits of Inspiration and Divine Aegis would be significant. I could well be completely wrong, though. >.<

  10. #10

    Re: Crit-stacked Disc/Holy build?

    .He asking about pvp, not pve


    yea theroeticly crit would be nice but in a pvp situation you cant really ely on siuational things to keep you up Points spen in Renewed Hope and divine Aegis(dosent stack with PWS) are wasted and spent much better elsewhere. healing with shadow gear is dumb your gonna get blown up by all the teams out there, i suggest look at some high rated priests looka t there specs 10/10 of them dont spec into that nor stack crit, various threads on AJ fourms explain this.

  11. #11

    Re: Crit-stacked Disc/Holy build?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mage-you-look
    .He asking about pvp, not pve


    yea theroeticly crit would be nice but in a pvp situation you cant really ely on siuational things to keep you up Points spen in Renewed Hope and divine Aegis(dosent stack with PWS) are wasted and spent much better elsewhere. healing with shadow gear is dumb your gonna get blown up by all the teams out there, i suggest look at some high rated priests looka t there specs 10/10 of them dont spec into that nor stack crit, various threads on AJ fourms explain this.
    Actually, DA does stack with PW:S, or I likely wouldn't be considering it.

    The build I'm looking at is very similar to ones used by the top priests, but with only a few points shifted. I realize they don't stack crit, however. I just wasn't sure if this was because of Flavor of the Month syndrome, or Theorycraft, or because no one's ever tried it.

  12. #12

    Re: Crit-stacked Disc/Holy build?

    Crit is the bees knees for both holy and disc priests. Blizzard is firmly against us just last a fight with mana regen. We have to get procs from the top of both trees to be efficent.

    Holy: surge of light, clearcasting and inspiration.

    Discipline: divine ageis, inspiration (holy spec but easy to get).

    For holy having 25% crit means you should always proc a surge of light atleast of a CoH and it also applied to PoM as it merrily bounced around.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •