Page 1 of 2
LastLast

25man Patchwerk healing rotation

Hi, my guild recent has been wiping on Patchwerk in 25man. And I know that is an healing issue.

Does Hateful Strike has some kind of pattern? We have DBM on I see something like this.

OT1 gets HS for 18,000
    OT2 dodge HS
    OT2 parries HS
    OT2 gets HS for 19,500
    OT1 dodges HS
    OT1 dodges HS
    OT1 gets HS for 20,000

Can anyone help me figure out a good pattern or healing rotation.

Thank you.

Re: 25man Patchwerk healing rotation

Hateful strike hits the person with the most health who is in the top 3 of aggro in melee range. So ideally with 3 tanks he will hit OT1, then OT2, then OT1

Paladins are amazing for this fight, take two pallies, have each beacon the main tank, assign each and offtank and let them spam heals

Quote Originally Posted by gatgat
    Hateful strike hits the person with the most health who is in the top 3 of aggro in melee range. So ideally with 3 tanks he will hit OT1, then OT2, then OT1

Paladins are amazing for this fight, take two pallies, have each beacon the main tank, assign each and offtank and let them spam heals
    unless its been changed without my knowledge, beacon doesnt stack so if you have two pallies each one is assigned to an offtank, and they will beacon the other pally's tank. MT heals are trivial for the most part on this fight.

I see. So probably our healer was slow to heal our OT and this is probably what happened.

OT1 gets HS for 20,000, he has 15K HP left. Didn't get healed fast enough.
    OT2 gets HS for 20,000, he has 13HP left. Didn't get healed fast enough.
    OT1 has higher HP than OT2, thus he gets HS for 20,000, he dies.

Hmmm in the situation you describe I normally see a melee get one shotted - if the tanks have low health normally some melee has high enough threat to get splatted.

But I have to ask how many healers do you have? I go with 6 - and if 2 per healer can't keep them alive then that seems very odd. Mind you every time I run this the OT is a Druid with a massive health pool. I think I could keep him alive with pom/renew and the odd flash.

As it is though I'm gonna disagree with previous poster about Pallies - druid is your friend here. with a full set of hots running on both OT's it should be so easily healable it could be done by anyone

I've noticed in our guild atleast, the more healers there are, the more unstable hatefulstrike becomes. Healers have different haste etc, which will result in one tank getting most strikes, then eventually the healers of the tank who takes less hits will snooze off, then not react fast enough when he gets a few strikes. We actually had a better healing job on the tanks with 4 healers than we had with 7.

The key to 25 man Patchwerk is using the priest/shaman armor buffs. The 25% increase is HUGE for mitigating the damage. Ideally you want a druid OTing hatefuls with any other tank as a backup to take one the druid might not.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scilla&n=Wenger

How much HPs do your MT and OTs have? and what classes?

we usually run with 5-6 healers for our naxx 25 raids. If we have 6 healers, we split the pally healers between the OTs. I (resto druid heal MT along with hotting the OTs) and have the priests/shammy healing the OTs as well. The person that is left usually floats between all 3 tanks.

The MT is easy to heal with one person. When the OTs get hit, you must top them off immediately. Otherwise he will go hit OT-2, and come back and splatter OT-1. Make sure the melee stays below all 3 tanks or they are putting their heads in the noose.

If the healers for one tank are slower than the others then reshuffle the healers around to balance their output. Also, if they are holding back to save mana and letting the tanks die they need to rethink their approach. If they are sitting back and expecting hots to heal the damage before the next hit comes in, they need to rethink their approach. Patches hits too hard and too fast to conserve and be patient with hots. Hots take the edge off, sure, but they aren't going to top an OT off before the next hit comes.

Normally we take 2 paladins (had 3 this week). The pallys are put on the OTs and basically spam the fuck out HL. Then the 2 priests are assigned to the OTs to help when the pallys pop DP or pull off for a second to refresh beacon. (We leared the hard way that pulling off even to refresh beacon can get the tank killed) The druid takes care of the main tank and puts HoTs on the OTs and there is usually a PoM in there too. We make patch all about the pallys cause this is the type of fight they are made for. Also vent is kept clear so the only ones talking are the healers (namely the pallys) to call out when they are refreshing beacon or popping DP. We also have our own global channel where healing assignments are typed so only the officers and the healers know who is on who and it doesnt get spammed with meters or raid chat. Pretty much communication we have found to be the key (on all boss fights) and strict assignments but having flexible healers that can switch at a moments notice if need be.

Depends on your class make up. But, if you have at least 2 pallies and 2 shamans, have 1 pally on each OT (and I think Beacon does stack). Have the shaman chain heal off of each one, and make sure a druid healer rolls hots on the 3.

Quick question on how patch targets: My guild always tells us to hop in and out of the slime but... when i watch vids online none of the uber guilds tank him by the slime. Melee just sits there and smashes face. Does he really only do hatefulls to the top 3 threat?
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

Beacon of Light does not stack unless they changed something recently. The 2nd pally to BoL the same target pushes the first BoL off.

Pallys are great for this fight. Although a good mix of healing classes is best. If you have 1 holy pally have them BoL the MT and heal an OT. If 2 holy pally have them BoL the tank the 1st pally is healing and heal the other OT. Druids rolling hots on all tanks FTW and then Chain heal from shaman with armor buff is gg.

We have been doing this with 6-7 healers which is really kind of boring and ez. You have to just keep up the tanks. Constant spamming. If your healers are waiting for a tank to take damage and then heal them that might be why they are dieing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathok
    Quick question on how patch targets: My guild always tells us to hop in and out of the slime but... when i watch vids online none of the uber guilds tank him by the slime. Melee just sits there and smashes face. Does he really only do hatefulls to the top 3 threat?
    he hits the person with the highest hp that is not the tank. Its also threat related I believe only the top 3 in threat can be hit as well. as long as your melee are not passing any of the tanks in threat they shouldn't have to jump in the slime.

Pally #1 Beacons Main Tank, heals Off.
    Pally #2 Beacons Off Tank, heals Main.

Problem solved. All the other healers can pretend to be useful by keeping an eye on the third tank if you're using one.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Hateful lands on the person with the most HP within the top three threat. DPS should be careful not to pass the tank on threat (this should be a given, no?). They do not need to waste time lowering their own HP. Not to mention that they'll just get healed back up by Glyph of HL splashes anyway.

By all means, fell free though. It makes the Pally healing meeters even more impressive.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

10man hateful targets 2nd on threat in melee range
    25man hateful will target the highest current hp of 2nd and 3rd on threat list in melee range

if you dip in slime you don't deserve loot
    Val'anyr Completed: July 9
    Mimiron's Head
    Comablack @ magtheridon

Well if some of you bothered to do the math you'd know how much hp his tanks have. From a tanking point, anything above 30k with the proper mitigation and avoidance should be just fine. A tank getting hit with two hatefuls in a row shouldn't really happen unless it's extremely bad luck. With the tanks proper use of CD's and with 6 healers, it should be a little overkill. More often than not on my runs the healers have more overhealing on that fight than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholykush
    Well if some of you bothered to do the math you'd know how much hp his tanks have. From a tanking point, anything above 30k with the proper mitigation and avoidance should be just fine. A tank getting hit with two hatefuls in a row shouldn't really happen unless it's extremely bad luck. With the tanks proper use of CD's and with 6 healers, it should be a little overkill. More often than not on my runs the healers have more overhealing on that fight than anything else.
    The tanks trinket should be used constantly in the fight. 30k ish unbuffed HP is enough, CDs like Shieldwall should be saved for the 5% soft enrage.
    Quote from: Moweropois on July 24, 2009, 12:21:29 am
    A better question is how are you going to shoot up the mall with a Gun license?

Were you the guy running around my block holding a piece of paper earlier and yelling "bang"?

People killed Patchwerk with less than 30k hp buffed, so if you're tanks are dying with 30k hp UNBUFFED, you got a problem on your hands.

In my experience it comes down to a mana issue. It's not a hard fight to heal if healers don't have to worry about mana too much and don't feel tempted to throw in too many small, mana efficient heals. They need to spam big heals. So if you have mana regen classes in the raid, shadow priests, ret pallies, survival hunters, this fight is relatively easy. Of course the shorter the fight the less healing is required. So DPS should have decent gear.