Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Gemming for Uldar as a holy

Quote Originally Posted by Masterpd85
    its not always good to gem one stat because you will overpower one of your stats and sacrifice the others. For tanks its ok, because more hp is good but sometimes, like current strives for def cap, can hender your other abilities like dodge, block and parry.
    You're forgetting that Int translates into Mana, MP/5 by virtue of DP & replenishment, crit & SP via talents. In addition you get 15% extra int in talents so it makes int an extremely effecient stat in terms of what you get per ilvl point... so while I agree with your statement that concentrating on one stat may result in a poor balance of stats, this obviously doesnt occur when stacking int for holy pallys.

In addition, your comment that it's ok to stack a stat as a tank is incorrect. Avoidance such as dodge and parry etc have diminishing returns, so the best thing a tank can do now is to balance their avoidance, otherwise you waste ilvl points.

Intelect. Iam fine with stats what i have atm ( Crit is bit low but its long tour to get that few epaxes from several naxx bossies) but i would aim for more manah. A lot of manah is good You can provide ground for a lot of haste, and than spam 1.42 HL for eternity!

Int my friend, is king.

Wow. Necro.

At the moment, I am gemming a mix of Crit and SP with a leaning to Crit. When Uldar comes out, I will likely be stacking pure Int as the fights will (hopefully) be longer and harder. As I gear up to T8, I will likely go back to SP/Crit.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.