Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is Hit Rating Cap a Myth..?!

Greetings, Paladins!

Hope you guys are doing well and not spending your 30 minutes seals in making love to your partners for the "Love in the Air" event.

Finally my raid time matched my off day from my horrible job and went to Naxx25 with my new guild and Jawbone dropped and I took it, replaced my Titansteel Destroyer, lost lots of Hit Rating and AP but nevertheless, the DPS/MaxDmg difference compensated it big deal since my DMG increased by around 200ish per swing range. After the hit dropped.. I was really anxious but, the whole time I didn't see a single Miss.. even though I'm like 3% less than Hit cap..

I started to believe that it's a myth really.. or just got lucky..! On the other hand, I get dodged a lot (less than before) cause Jawbone increased my expertise by around 1.75%

So guys, your comments are welcome.

And no I wasn't top dps it was a Death Knight, but hell if I care lol

Made by myself while I'm bored..

Re: Is Hit Rating Cap a Myth..?!

What was your hit rating/% at?

Math can´t lie. And i think it have been said a milion times.

Hit cap will up your overall dmg when talkin 1-to-1 stat against other stats (untill cap ofc)

Luck. need 8% to not miss melee orientated attacks (judgment, white, DS, CS).

And to livingdead4life. i believe strength might take over before hit reaches hit cap at a point.

So basically you're saying you think that missing isn't really a part of this game, and the hit stat does nothing?

Or that you think the cap may be lower than 8%?
    Main: Enhance Shaman
    Current alt status:
    80 Unholy DK - 80 Feral Druid - 80 Disc Priest
    80 Ret Paladin - 80 Arcane Mage - 80 Prot Warrior
    77 Warlock - 80 Marks Hunter - 75 Rogue

I participated in the legendary Bacon thread.

Lets leave this to... Mythbusters!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Luthius
    Greetings, Paladins!

Hope you guys are doing well and not spending your 30 minutes seals in making love to your partners for the "Love in the Air" event.

Finally my raid time matched my off day from my horrible job and went to Naxx25 with my new guild and Jawbone dropped and I took it, replaced my Titansteel Destroyer, lost lots of Hit Rating and AP but nevertheless, the DPS/MaxDmg difference compensated it big deal since my DMG increased by around 200ish per swing range. After the hit dropped.. I was really anxious but, the whole time I didn't see a single Miss.. even though I'm like 3% less than Hit cap..

I started to believe that it's a myth really.. or just got lucky..! On the other hand, I get dodged a lot (less than before) cause Jawbone increased my expertise by around 1.75%

So guys, your comments are welcome.

And no I wasn't top dps it was a Death Knight, but hell if I care lol
    It's random and the way statistics work. You can have 3-4% less than the hit cap and never miss an entire fight but you can also miss several times in a row. Unless you have several encounters to analyze the sample is too low to draw any conclusions from. Check the miss rate next time for a longer period over more than one encounter and you should be able to see a difference.

Hit rating was 276 now with the new mace http://armory.wow-europe.com/charact...mmer&n=Luthius it's 222. Dropped from 8.30% ish to 6.77% more than 1% drop, still no misses.

Hit cap isn't a myth, its just not as important as some people make it out to be.

Aim to be as close to the hit cap as you can, because as someone said stat for stat its the biggest up to your dps, but that does not mean you cannot dps with lower hit rating. Personally I would not let it fall below 5%, I think mine is on 7.48% right now and I have stopped caring about it.

Quote Originally Posted by yomyom
    Hit cap isn't a myth, its just not as important as some people make it out to be.

Aim to be as close to the hit cap as you can, because as someone said stat for stat its the biggest up to your dps, but that does not mean you cannot dps with lower hit rating. Personally I would not let it fall below 5%, I think mine is on 7.48% right now and I have stopped caring about it.
    id aim a bit higher than 5% but like you say a. 7.48% im pretty sure strength would be more beneficial for that .52% hit you would need.

How much hit % is it for Fury warriors dualwielding? Or, rating.

str might be better then hit when lacking .52%. im not sure about pala rotations, but remember that one miss actually can f*ck up the rotation. and also if you have a trinket that can procc and you get say 2-4 misses durring that time you loose even more dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkjounin
    How much hit % is it for Fury warriors dualwielding? Or, rating.
    Please post that in the Warriors forums. We need no Rage-User replies here jk

But seriously, Warrior Forums will help you more.

Alright..

Quote Originally Posted by livingdead4life
    str might be better then hit when lacking .52%. im not sure about pala rotations, but remember that one miss actually can f*ck up the rotation. and also if you have a trinket that can procc and you get say 2-4 misses durring that time you loose even more dps.
    Paladin.....rotation..... LAWL ;D it does decrease damage but doesnt really fuck up any sort of rotation. Only starts becoming a problem when judgment misses

15+ Year Old Account

Umm... wasn't there a bug since 3.0, that gave paladins which had the Precision Talent before 3.0 3%extra hit? i thought that this is fixed already, but even i don't miss anything (on the bossdummy). I only have 253 hit (7.72%).

Just wondering..

Deleted

This is a paladin forum, but let's take my warlock as an example here now... The spell hit cap is 19%, I am at 12% (including the talent). During a full Naxx run I get around 10-20 missed spells according to Recount, so it's not much. But it usually is the ones that count the most.

For a ret paladin the rotation isn't as strict so a few missed spells probably don't matter that much so I guess lacking 1-2 percent from hit cap isn't that big of a deal. But then again, melee has such a low hit rating cap, it should be quite easy to reach..

get recount and check you misses

only thing important is not getting "over" the hitcap, like the thread autor did with his 8,someting% hit
    hitcap is at 8%.
    being under the hitcap doesn't necessarily mean that you will see the misses flying around on your screen.
    actually most times in a raid you most likely won't even see a miss since 50% of the time you figth against non-boss-level mobs.

and hitcap is definatly not a myth. just grab your jawbone and go hit a dummy for 2-3h. you will see somewhere around 0.5% misses on auto hits. equip your titansteel destroyer and do the same again. no misses...
    Greetings Undead. Wonderful day to be alive, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Deralte
    Umm... wasn't there a bug since 3.0, that gave paladins which had the Precision Talent before 3.0 3%extra hit? i thought that this is fixed already, but even i don't miss anything (on the bossdummy). I only have 253 hit (7.72%).

Just wondering..
    It got fixed, hun.

Spaycez I'm telling you based on recount. Only dodges no misses. Sadly I don't have the recount screenshot for it.