Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Problems in 10man Naxxramas. Is it too hard? Need help!

Quote Originally Posted by Kzasch
    I heard that stroking E-peen is worth alot on this board. Enough is enough. The guy asked for advice, he recieved some. Having "you" here talking about how you two-manned Sarth+3 HC while the other guy was afk is kinda.....what's the word.....ah yes, childish.
    dude.. the guy is for 3 weeks wiping in NAxx.. omgosh..

got to Bosskillers seen any tatics or ask for someone in your realm who already did..

atlast in gurubashi.. the Worst's pugs do it.. idk why A GUILD can't do.. sorry.. my e-peen is too big and i cant help'a

Assuming everyone's gear is similar, your healers are having a hell of a time keeping up with Patch, and it's for nothing, since your dps can't make the enrage. Also, your tanks need to step it up on the threat. Melee DPS is being killed by Hatefuls because they're reaching second in threat. The melee dps is probably being healed by the resto shaman's chain heals, which makes it rather pointless to waste time jumping in the slime.

On Maexxna, the poison cleanse(totem?)is a must, it reduces healing by something like 90%. You don't need an offtank. Just roll hots on the tank before the web spray. Slow dps when she gets near 30% so your raid isn't web wrapped when she enrages. Let the web wrap hit, then Bloodlust/pop cooldowns.

Farm more heroics, buy some badge gear, get some crafted epics, etc.

Deleted

Force your whole guild to go to http://elitistjerks.com/forums.php and read the basics of your classes and specs. If you really are heroic geared you should push more than ~1800dps. Oh, and if the unholy DK is not a tank, you should really get an offtank. On the other hand, unholy DK should do 1400dps with only auto-attacks, so I assume he is a tank.

540 def cap, making your tanks to be crit immune. If they aren't, you may have some hard times healing them. So be sure that they are. Also, crit-immunity from resilience is not working anymore, so they MUST have over 540 defence.

Read and learn the tactics. It seems to me that you haven't, dancing on Heigan is a good example. It's not hard at all, and your tank should be able to do it easily. Also, make sure that your DPS is standing ON the tank, not behind the boss. No-one cares about few parrys and dodges, but if they are dpsing from behind they may be hit by the flame. Oh, and make sure to abolish that disease.

Quote Originally Posted by mmff4
    Hello,

I am leader of Danish World of Warcraft guild on Ravencrest-EU (Alliance) and our guild are having some serious problems with 10man Naxxramas. We've been in Naxxramas for 4 times now and our current progress is following:
    - Spider 2/3
    - Abomination 0/4
    - Military 1/3
    - Plague 1/3
    So as you can see we're "stuck" on following bosses: Maexxna, Patchwerk, Heigan The Unclean and Gothik The Harvester.

And we're using the following setup:
    - Protection Warrior
    - Restoration Shaman
    - Holy Paladin
    - Holy Priest
    - Enhancement Shaman
    - Shadow Priest
    - Mage
    - Rogue
    - Unholy DK
    - Rogue

Maexxna, tank dies because of a web spray and thus causing a wipe. We don't have a restoration druid running with us and we're running out of hope to hope that our tank manages to avoid all attacks during the spray.

Patchwerk, everything goes fine for few seconds but after that melee starts to die. We are forcing melee to dip themselves in to the slime to lower health pool to avoid hateful strikes but it doesnt work. From some reason they get one shotted by hateful strike even when they are at low hp. Patchwerk enrages at 40% and 1shots our maintank.

Heigan the Unclean, tank fucks up dance and kills himself almost everytime we're doing it so I understand the problem and I don't need help with it.

Gothik the Harvester, we've tried the two side tactic (Split DPS&healers) but the knights and horseriders are just hitting too hard and we're unable to stay alive at the undead side. Well one of our healers told us about another tactic; we all stand at the same side and try to overheal the AoE. Well, fps drops > next thing we see is that we all are dead.

So basically I am asking for a guidance and possible tricks you guys use to complete Naxxramas ^^

Thank you from your help.

First off, as people have said. 2 tanks are needed.

-Maexxna, Make sure you have a cleansing totem down on the tank, he will tank much less damage. Have you DPS slow at ~33% (Although buy the sounds of it your DPS is slow and you can probably get closer to 31%) before a webspray. Once the webspray happens, burn Heroism and the boss should enrage at 30%, keep the tank topped and all hots on him before the next webspray, hopefully she should be almost dead, blow Guardian spirit right before the webspray as it will increase the effectiveness of any heals on the tank during the spray and also prevent a KB. Again, all avoidance is lost when a tank is incapacitated so make sure he uses his SW.

-Patchwerk, 2 tanks, enough said. The fight is no longer strictly HP based, dipping isn't neccesary, have your melee dps watch their threat.

-Heigan, Loldance and keep cleanses up. That boss is possible to 2 man. (Don't say it isn't, I've done it.)

-Gothik, Again with 2 tanks, you need a tank and healer on both sides, you can split your DPS pretty one sided, live side is fairly easy, while Undead side progressively gets harder as more mobs on live die.

Other than that, read strategies, make sure people know how to play their class, and good luck I suppose.

lolshieldslam

Since most people have covered the relevant stuff in the post, I going to toss out a bit of friendly advice for further progression:

Drop 1 mele dps (potentially have your enchance shaman start collecting Ele gear).

Your raid setup is currently:

3 heals
    1 tank
    4 mele dps (or 3 and 1 offtank)
    2 ranged dps

that makes 5 mele range people for Grob, Gluth, Thaddeus, Sapph and KT.

I guarantee you this means you will have a bit of extra difficulty that is not needed for:
    Grob - More mele means more people likely to accidently get infront of boss and spawn extra slimes
    Gluth - your mage better be one HELL of a kiter for zombies. The DK might be needed to assist, and the enhance may want to drop earthbind totem in the back as well
    Thaddeus - Phase 1 also requires an offtank. Phase 2 is going to require mele to watch their range on his hitbox so as to not zap eachother.

Sapph - Many mele increases likelyhood of Mele Eating Cleaves / Chills
    KT - Too many mele stacking too close together and eating / chaining Frost Tombs.

KT especially, is not a friendly fight for mele heavy groups in Phase 2.

Preferable setup for 10man dungeons being :2-3 healers 2 tanks and rest DPS. Heigan The Unclean is a boss you just have to learn, If patchwerk enrages hard at 40% it means your DPS is just too low, you want to have 2 tanks on this fight and spam heals on them.

www.bosskillers.com Nuff said
    Quote from: Moweropois on July 24, 2009, 12:21:29 am
    A better question is how are you going to shoot up the mall with a Gun license?

Were you the guy running around my block holding a piece of paper earlier and yelling "bang"?

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd
    Since most people have covered the relevant stuff in the post, I going to toss out a bit of friendly advice for further progression:

Drop 1 mele dps (potentially have your enchance shaman start collecting Ele gear).

Your raid setup is currently:

3 heals
    1 tank
    4 mele dps (or 3 and 1 offtank)
    2 ranged dps

that makes 5 mele range people for Grob, Gluth, Thaddeus, Sapph and KT.

I guarantee you this means you will have a bit of extra difficulty that is not needed for:
    Grob - More mele means more people likely to accidently get infront of boss and spawn extra slimes
    Gluth - your mage better be one HELL of a kiter for zombies. The DK might be needed to assist, and the enhance may want to drop earthbind totem in the back as well
    Thaddeus - Phase 1 also requires an offtank. Phase 2 is going to require mele to watch their range on his hitbox so as to not zap eachother.

Sapph - Many mele increases likelyhood of Mele Eating Cleaves / Chills
    KT - Too many mele stacking too close together and eating / chaining Frost Tombs.

KT especially, is not a friendly fight for mele heavy groups in Phase 2.

melee is king on thaddius, that's my only argument here.

It's actually easier for us to dodge the debuff than say a hunter for instance. Being closer to the boss = less running to the other side, and ultimately because of his huge hitbox we never have to stop dps during the entire fight.
    Level 80 Draenei Shaman - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Malorne&n=Sh%C3%A4mwow

No Hunters in your setup is your problem. Should have at least 6.

whilst i dont have any advice other than whats been given already i feel that the attitude of some players to OP`s honest statement of shortcomings and request for help leaves a lot to be desired, have none of you ever heard the expression `if you dont have anything nice to say then dont say anything at all`? imagine someone who was a 1st timer to the game and indeed these forums? this is not a good look to have guys . not good at all. so what some people are farther behind on progression than others and not everyone has the advantage of being carried through most content , some people are actually learning to play from scratch maybe? If someone asks a question is it not polite to just answer it or say nothing?
    in closing be nice . you are not perfect. you are not better than anyone.
    LOL, look at this angry kid go. Sounds like someone is bleeding from the vagina today. I don't know what I said to piss you off like this, kid, but I do know you must have TONS of friends and a healthy social life with that personality!-(Sindershock)
    The hardcore players are happy with the difficulty (with the exception of Buzzkill, who seems to enjoy complaining)
    Plagued Proto-Drakes suddenly become "Slightly Infected Chicken Drakes", or "Last Nights Takeaway Drakes".chronalis
    `Trolls need locks, wtf. It only fucking makes the most sense.`

Quote Originally Posted by mmff4
    Hello...
    And we're using the following setup:
    - Protection Warrior
    - Restoration Shaman
    - Holy Paladin
    - Holy Priest
    - Enhancement Shaman
    - Shadow Priest
    - Mage
    - Rogue
    - Unholy DK
    - Rogue
    Help the Unholy DK to get Tankgear, they make excellent Tanks/Offtanks. You should be fine then.

it doesnt matter how much hp your tanks have
    it doesnt matter how many DPS your raid does
    it doesnt matter how much spellpower your casters have

just get your holy paladin a Glyph of Holy Light and you will stroll through Naxxramas like a walk in the park

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

Successful troll is successful.

So... why don't you folks just tell him how you all have learned the Heigan Dance? *shameonyou* ;-)

Simply have your raid watch 'Heigan Dancing Lesson' on Youtube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-msjvccLB8

Is It Safe to Dance? Heigan the Unclean! (40 player)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xovQu0EHOGM

Second is harder:
    Have your DK respec and gear for offtanking Naxx. (He would find a spec that he likes if he understands the fact that a second tank is allways needed in 10 man raids... today I joined random Sartharion 25 raid with a twink to find a DK maintank twink doing 2.400 dps (top10) clearing trash included...)

All the other stuff can be found in various guides (bookmark: wowwiki.com, wowhead.com and others) and if you try a new encounter lookup youtube for 'how to <encounter>' i.e.:

How to: Heigan the Unclean (10 man)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b0D1yStQ8A

Btw:
    Your dps is ok - rest of your setup is manageable (Tank and 2x2 dps triangle for Kel'thuzad, right after teaching melees to avoid Sapphiron's chill/blizzard^^)

Have fun.

Wow. Threads like this just make me want to leave this site completely.

It's not the OP at all, it's the fact that 90% of the posts in here are a bunch of retarded children who spend their time insulting rather than reading or helping. The world would be a better place if most of you just shot yourselves.

Only one person that I saw actually read the list of classes and thought.. maybe that Unholy DK -IS- the offtank. They have been known to tank from time to time, after all. Maybe he's not, who knows, but I didn't see a single person that actually ASKED, they just assumed and decided they'd try to make themselves feel better by insulting and putting down someone that actually had the balls to ask for help. Wish some of you retards had the same, maybe you'd have gone to a therapist long before now and dealt with whatever it is that's plaguing you.

Most of the helpful people had very proper suggestions. Do NOT drop a healer unless the two you leave are very well geared and your shadow priest is ready to offheal. If in fact you don't have an offtank, get one. Naxx really cannot be done with 1 tank.

Maexxna generally requires a pause before she hits 30% and enrages. Stop around 32% or so, higher if your dps are pushing her down quickly. Wait until the web spray, make SURE a poison cleansing totem is within range of the tank and that the shaman is ready to instant remove the poison directly after a webspray. The tank will need to time his cooldowns for the websprays that come after the enrage. All dps cooldowns should be saved for the enrage mark as well to drop her fast once she hits it. The offtank should be in FULL tank gear, not dps gear for this fight as there is a very good chance that the MT drops if he fails to time a web-spray of the healers don't put out enough instant heals right after it. He will need to be ready to taunt and hold her for the last few percent.

Patchwerk, in 10 man will pick one target to be the hateful strike target. He'll be the person with the highest HP at the time that's in melee range. That means very clearly one, you need a second tank, and two, if your second tank is ever lower in HP than the melee dps and a hateful strike goes off before he gets healed, then one of your melee is going to get whacked. Yes, getting the melee to drop into the slime helps keep that from happening, yes getting them to drop HP buffs helps, but this fight is 90% about the healers, 9% about the dps and 1% about the tanks. If the healers cannot keep up the pace, keeping both the MT and OT well above the HP of the melee dps, then you will not succeed at this fight. It is very much a gear check for the healers, and to a lesser degree, the tanks as well. I've seen a few oddities in his behavior as well right at the outset of the fight that caused us to have our melee dps wait until the OT has taken a hateful before engaging. Never found out exactly why it happened, but there were a few cases where he insta-whacked a melee dps without even looking at our OT who had significantly higher HP. Maybe the tank was slow to engage and didn't want to admit it, who knows.

As for Gothik, the advice given is already very good. What needs to happen more than not in this case is communication between those on the live side and those on the dead side. The dead side needs the better tank and as far as I've seen the stronger dps and heals as well. The live side needs to pay attention and LISTEN to the people on the dead side as to whether or not they are getting overwhelmed. Killing as fast as possible on the live side is NOT the way to win this fight. Kill mobs at an even pace as best as possible, and COMMUNICATE. Warn the dead side when riders are killed, so they know to expect heavy hitters coming in. It's all about communication and coordiation and keeping enough dps alive to down the boss FAST when he steps into the fray.

IMO whats really sad its that they were able to kill bosses. They clearly just went in there without an idea of what to expect and they managed to kill bosses not even knowing you need 2 tanks...
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Well, the good thing is, your problem is easily fixed. Have your DK throw a few talent points around and feed him tanking gear.

The sad thing is. Well, I'm starting to see why danes have such a poor reputation in wow. I'm so ashamed of being a part of it at times.

Either way, good luck with your Naxx adventure.
    Facing this unbearable fear like meeting an old friend
    Time to die, poor mates, You made me what I am!

Armory: Clicky

Seriously, so he doesn't know tactics.

So he's never done it before.

Everyone started somewhere, its a guild of 10 mates from the same town. Stop flexing your epeen, he came on here to ask for help.

Most of the answers however were decent, just some people can't resist the urge to flame.

Maexxna :

Get one of the shamans to keep poison cleansing down. That's not always enough though.I play a resto shaman alt, so get a shaman to cleanse the tank before every heal.

Stop DPS at 38%, wait for a web spray. Then nuke, pop BL. Watch the timers. As soon as a web spray is incoming (you have no druid), your a bit in trouble. But, you have a holy priest. Use guardian spirit. Your prot warrior can also pop shield wall etc.

Patchwerk :

Nothing much I can say, you need an offtank. Well, the MT on this fight becomes the OT. The OT takes more damage, so let your MT do it. Let the Unholy DK MT that fight.

Heigan :

Ok, the tank has to learn to dance. But you know that.

Gothik :

Ok, once again, you need two tanks. One for each side. This is just not possible with one tank. So, let the Prot warrior tank one side, and the DK tank the other. Put melee dps on the undead side (far side from where u enter), casters on the living side (near side). One healer on each.

Try that, and most of your problems will go away

And ignore the flaming, and good luck in Naxx.
    [center]Ultemicia - Warlock

All 10/25 Ulduar Content Cleared - Except Algaon. Working on hard modes!
    All 10/25 WotLK Content Cleared - Including Sartharion + 3 Drakes

Bloodscalp EU

Ultemicia - Lv80 Warlock
    Tungusic - L80 Restoration Shaman
    Ingafel - L75 Rogue (In progress)
    Ratenu - L70 Prot Warrior (In progress)

Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer
    Shamans must keep poison cleansing totem down (may need to be in the same group as the tank). Stop DPS at 35% until a web spray hits. After that ends, blow lust and all cooldowns. Before the spray hits, have your warrior hit shield wall. You have until the next spray ends to finish him off (or have priest use guardian spirit while warrior uses last stand to try and live through the 2nd spray).
    Patchwerk requires a 2nd tank. The hateful strike hits the 2nd highest HP target, and only hits the MT if there are no other melee targets to hit.
    Even if the tank gets hit by the eruption, he shouldnt die from it. Be sure your priests/shamans/paladins are constantly removing the disease on the raid and especially off of the main tank.
    You need two tanks for this fight as well. You can do the one side method, but it can be difficult (we did it this last week, just to see if it could be done... wasnt too hard for us but we are pretty geared). One tank living, one side undead.

EDIT: DPS should be split so that you have 1 more DPS undead side than living.

people who can't down KT shouldn't be allowed to play. ???
    talk about some danish trash...
    l2p
    l2p
    o...& l2p
    Banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninetales
    people who can't down KT shouldn't be allowed to play. ???
    talk about some danish trash...
    l2p
    l2p
    o...& l2p
    They are trying to learn to play, which is why they came here to ask questions. Duh?