PvP Destro Build Ideas

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...h=000000000000

Was gonna look at this build to see if it was any good for pvp but still decent for 5man heroics and such

Let me no what u think Thanks!

Re: PvP Destro Build Ideas

lol no shadowburn... lol soul link + imp.... lol imp in pvp....
    Simply lol

thaanks for the copter but rather u give me ideas than just laugh

Deleted

What about this build: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IZbtchsMZVcbqrGuAoAcoz

The improvements I see:
    - You don't want to use the imp in pvp, either the succubus or the fellhunter (therefore improved succubus is chosen)
    - Shadowburn is an instant which is very practical in pvp
    - as well as searing pain, which is why improved searing pain is chosen
    - Soul leech / improved soul leech are nice to have but not must have and are therefore traded with a little security with fel domination/master summoner in case the pet dies.

What do you think?

Cheers,
    Sil

Quote Originally Posted by Silmarieni
    What about this build: http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IZbtchsMZVcbqrGuAoAcoz

The improvements I see:
    - You don't want to use the imp in pvp, either the succubus or the fellhunter (therefore improved succubus is chosen)
    - Shadowburn is an instant which is very practical in pvp
    - as well as searing pain, which is why improved searing pain is chosen
    - Soul leech / improved soul leech are nice to have but not must have and are therefore traded with a little security with fel domination/master summoner in case the pet dies.

What do you think?

Cheers,
    Sil
    No Soullink? LOL

This would be my build:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IZbxcusMZVbhqrGuAoAcoz

with succubus out.

choose imp Searing pain or soul leech depending on your playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Fimp
    and why MC if you have succubus? you are doing instant seduction fear and then Dotting your target? Also fire and brimstone doesnt have that much use if you seduce your target unless you are doing to above mentioned method .

Been PvPing with destro since the end of season 2

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...h=080302020406

This is by far the best spec I have used so far, and the spec I use now. In heroics I do on average 3k DPS, altough that figure alters drastically from one dungeon to the next

Forget imp succubus, the succubus dies too fast and you will need a fel hunter for removing sheep/counterspell/chains of ice/strangulate/pally stun/dots/deathcoil [if you are fast enough ].... etc etc etc.

Points to note..
    - Points put into fel domination and master summoner. Got a rogue on you? trinket kidney shot > shadowfury > fear > insta summon voidwalker and sacrifice. Rogue will probably CLOS now, Deathcoil after CLOS fades > fear > summon infernal > NUKE!!!!! [disclaimer: this tactic works 1% of the time, 97.35 % of stats are made up]
    - Fire and brimstone is terrible for PvP as it doesnt benefit you that much, the increase in damage to immolate isnt alot in PvP gear and you wont be looking at immolate timers to get a conflag after 5 seconds
    - Use you fel hunter to devour often as it heals you when it does, typically I get a 1.3k heal everytime my felhunter devours something (from glyph of felhunter)
    - Pyroclasm gives your conflag a 26% chance to stun for 3 seconds
    - Chaos bolt hits like a truck, use it whenever you can, dont bother waiting for CLOS or anything, just use it.
    - Until you have over 80 spell penetration passive and 6% hit, use CoE on pretty much everything, once you get those stats use CoA. Always use CoE on a mage if you dont have a minimum of 120 spell pen to make sure your spell locks wont fail.
    - Use fear as a way of getting a cast in, dont over spam it. Desto doesnt have alot of defense and if you waste your fear by spamming it and using up its diminishing returns too fast.. You are screwed
    - Use shadowfury either to set up a fear or as part of a chain to interupt heals or casts when finishing somebody off, or to help peel opponents off your team mates.

Give it a try see what you think

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by faranell
    No Soullink? LOL
    Soullink to use with what?

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by faranell
    This would be my build:

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=IZbxcusMZVbhqrGuAoAcoz

with succubus out.

choose imp Searing pain or soul leech depending on your playstyle.

and why MC if you have succubus? you are doing instant seduction fear and then Dotting your target? Also fire and brimstone doesnt have that much use if you seduce your target unless you are doing to above mentioned method .
    That's what I thought but I've seen streaming of demos using the succubus still in 3.08.

Seduce / CB / shadowfury / Dot with the engineer's accelerated boots.

Also for MC you have to use points for the next tiers, (that's why also 2 points in cataclysm which really isn't a pvp must).

Truly I didn't try it myself as I'm waiting for the double spec, but it sure works for these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by dan_pure
    Been PvPing with destro since the end of season 2

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...h=080302020406

This is by far the best spec I have used so far, and the spec I use now. In heroics I do on average 3k DPS, altough that figure alters drastically from one dungeon to the next

Forget imp succubus, the succubus dies too fast and you will need a fel hunter for removing sheep/counterspell/chains of ice/strangulate/pally stun/dots/deathcoil [if you are fast enough ].... etc etc etc.

Points to note..
    - Points put into fel domination and master summoner. Got a rogue on you? trinket kidney shot > shadowfury > fear > insta summon voidwalker and sacrifice. Rogue will probably CLOS now, Deathcoil after CLOS fades > fear > summon infernal > NUKE!!!!! [disclaimer: this tactic works 1% of the time, 97.35 % of stats are made up]
    - Fire and brimstone is terrible for PvP as it doesnt benefit you that much, the increase in damage to immolate isnt alot in PvP gear and you wont be looking at immolate timers to get a conflag after 5 seconds
    - Use you fel hunter to devour often as it heals you when it does, typically I get a 1.3k heal everytime my felhunter devours something (from glyph of felhunter)
    - Pyroclasm gives your conflag a 26% chance to stun for 3 seconds
    - Chaos bolt hits like a truck, use it whenever you can, dont bother waiting for CLOS or anything, just use it.
    - Until you have over 80 spell penetration passive and 6% hit, use CoE on pretty much everything, once you get those stats use CoA. Always use CoE on a mage if you dont have a minimum of 120 spell pen to make sure your spell locks wont fail.
    - Use fear as a way of getting a cast in, dont over spam it. Desto doesnt have alot of defense and if you waste your fear by spamming it and using up its diminishing returns too fast.. You are screwed
    - Use shadowfury either to set up a fear or as part of a chain to interupt heals or casts when finishing somebody off, or to help peel opponents off your team mates.

Give it a try see what you think

Wow thanks for the info gonna check that build out ;D

quick question is there a macro for haven ur felpuppy cleanse u? or should i just let it to its thing on its own?

Yes there is a macro to make your felhunter cleanse yourself. I can't remember it in my head at the moment, but I use one.

That destruction guide sounds good, but tbh. I can't believe you can even survive more then 2 seconds against a good rogue.
    That goes for most of the warlocks specs out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Silmarieni
    That's what I thought but I've seen streaming of demos using the succubus still in 3.08.

Seduce / CB / shadowfury / Dot with the engineer's accelerated boots.

Also for MC you have to use points for the next tiers, (that's why also 2 points in cataclysm which really isn't a pvp must).

Truly I didn't try it myself as I'm waiting for the double spec, but it sure works for these guys.
    Sorry but the PvP hit cap is a must .

Quote Originally Posted by silverhope
    quick question is there a macro for haven ur felpuppy cleanse u? or should i just let it to its thing on its own?
    /cast [target=player1] devour magic