Thread: scripts?

scripts?

I want to learn how to do scripts within wow, specificly in kg panels. Some things I've been wondering are;
    • What kind of language do i need to learn to start writing them? and where can i get started with it?
    • Is there a site or somewhere that has scripts already written
    • What kind of visual things can u do with scripts, ex i've been wanting to learn how to make animated textures, this might be off-topic but is that possible?(besides rotating textures)
    • And finally is there a way to have a spell castable on the click of a texture, i know its a disabled function, yet they do it with clique?

Some things i've been wondering if you could do with scripts would be;
    • Have animated textures(dunno if this would be doable with scripts because i know theres no format that u can import that allows animated textures)
    • Hide/show/toggle certain frames on click
    • Change size depending on party size or raid
    • Cast spells when you click on a texture, as said b4
    • Play a sound on hovering over or clicking a texture
    • How to toggle windows like the menu in the default interface does(character frame, social frame etc)
    • How to do commands like trade/inspect on the click of a frame
    Anything that can get me started with this would be helpful, I'm familiar with some types of coding so learning w/e language its written in wouldn't be that hard.

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: scripts?

Quote Originally Posted by armageddon
    • And finally is there a way to have a spell castable on the click of a texture, i know its a disabled function, yet they do it with clique?
    Clique can only target UnitFrames. There is no way Clique could cast a spell on someone by clicking on some sort of texture.

As for the rest of your questions you will need to wait for someone more capable with scripts than me :>
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

Ah so i guess there's different properties for unitframes, actionbars, etc then just normal textures?

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Well, i'm not a master in this so i'll try and explain the best way i can.

There are certains thing you can do with a frame and certains things you can't do, depending on which kind of frame it is. For example you can cast spells on UF like Grid with Clique but you can't target a player bar in Omen.

That's simply because there are restrictions on how much one certain frame can do.

Hope this could help a bit :/
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara