Dk HB-DW build opinions asked

Hi, atm im leveling my dk and i cant rlly decide what would be the best HB-spec for raids etc would be when i hit 80.

Ive been thinking bout taking this spec : http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...h=142110030604

Any opinions about it ? Im mainly focusing on bursty HB-crit dmg.

Rotation : IT=>PS>HB=>BSx 2=> HB (1 or 2, it depends how fast my runes are refreshing, still need to install addon for that), Frost strike as runic power dump.

Its ofc a DW-build, with rune of fallen crusader on MH and Razorice on OH, but should i go Slow/Slow or Slow/fast for faster runic power gaining aka more frost strikes ?

Re: Dk HB-DW build opinions asked

First off, you have a lot more research and practice to do with your DK. You've probably already done more research then 50% of all DK from what you've posted here but I don't think you understand a couple important parts of this build.

But I'll try to get some constructive feedback in here. I've never used this DW spec before but I do use the 0/32/39 spec (if you're interested you can look it up yourself, its popular enough).

Note #1: Looking at your rotation and from what you've mentioned, I think you have the idea that HB has no CD which it does. You generally don't get more then one HB off per Rune CD (I say rune CD because most people consider a rotation for DK to consist of 2 rune CDs, which is normally about 20 secs total).

Note #2: I don't recognize that rotation but I've never done any research on the 44/27 build, but it looks kinda odd. To start since you've taken Glacier Rot, you'll want to start your diseases with a PS->IT instead of IT->PS, since Glacier Rot causes your IT to do more dmg while you have diseases on the target.

Also I don't understand how your rotation is going to end, you have it going IT, PS, HB, BS, BS, (assuming some RP dump here), HB?, then what? Since HB still has a 5 sec CD you won't be able to use HB again if you use it after the RP dump until your diseases drop off. So that rotation doesn't look to solid to me, you might want to look into that again and see what you can find.

Note #3: Concerning the weapon speeds, with this build (at least the fact that you are picking up FS) you will definitely want a slow MH, and the offhand will ideally be a fast weapon. I've noticed BCB seems to do more dmg with a slow MH then my fast OH but I don't know if using a slow OH for more BCB dmg would out-way the dmg from Necrosis.

But again I think you're confused about how you gain RP, or I'm confused about what you are trying to say. We gain RP (Runic Power) each time we use one of our Rune abilities (which are our strikes/HB/etc), some talents can even increase the amount of RP gained when using certain abilities. But we do NOT gain any RP from our auto attacks. So our weapon speeds have absolutely no effect on the amount of RP we would gain during our rotations.

Note #4: My final note would be dealing with the rune enchants on your weapons. Rune of Fallen Crusader is definitely my number one choice for the MH, but Razorice should be used carefully. You'll want to decide whether to use Razorice over Cinderglacier depending completely on the number of Frost mages/Frost DKs that are in your groups. Most people switch from Cinderglacier to Razorice after you have more then 2 or 3 frost mages in the group.

Deleted

Are you looking for a big HB trash mob aoe rape build or a proper boss DPS build?

Because 44/27 is excellent for the first one. 0/33/38 is better for bosses.

Just a few notes here :

Yeah, im forgot bout the cd of HB and that u only get runic power by abilities usage, not auto-swings.

So i gues it will be slow/fast then.

And im looking for a raid spec.

Deleted

slow/fast yes, and go with 0/33/38 if you want to maximize your DPS.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=jZG0e...Zf0hhxckxcq0bo

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Warlander
    I've noticed BCB seems to do more dmg with a slow MH then my fast OH but I don't know if using a slow OH for more BCB dmg would out-way the dmg from Necrosis.
    Erm, probably because it is in your offhand? Any weapon in the offhand has a 50% damage penalty (65% with the 2nd tier frost talent) which is why you do less BCB damage on the offhand compared to MH.

It has nothing to do with speed, in fact, faster weapons do MORE dps with BCB, which is why you want a fast off hand ideally.

Necrosis dps isn't effected by weapon speed either.

ok, tnx again for the info, and i know now that the dmg from glacier rot > the imp plague strike glyph.

Quote Originally Posted by Janz
    slow/fast yes, and go with 0/33/38 if you want to maximize your DPS.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=jZG0e...Zf0hhxckxcq0bo
    You can play with some of the points in the unholy in this build depending on style. The two points from Night of the Dead can be moved to several locations depending on style.

Night of the Dead - helps keep you ghoul alive and makes it easier to bring him back should he die.
    Unholy Aura - increase damage on moving bosses of you and the melee dps in the raid.
    Epidemic - allows for larger rotations that fit in more damage from multi-rune abilities.
    Dirge - more deathcoils.

I personally prefer Night of the Dead or Unholy Aura depending on situation, but I wanted to put out there all the options.

Just noticed you had the Glyph of Horn of Winter. Add 1 min to the duration of an ability with a 20s cd that generates RP, unless you are completely GCD starved for 2 full mins it is a waste of a glyph slot. Use Glyph of Pestilence instead. Given its not a great glyph when people are CC'ing but that really doesn't happen anyways.

yeah, but i just wanna have that glyph cause otherwise im always with my mind at when i need to refresh horn of winter...so that one is just for my own convience.

but with the swap of summon gargoyle with the 51-pointer of unholy, would i get a greater dps when i take UA in 3.1 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Folly
    You can play with some of the points in the unholy in this build depending on style. The two points from Night of the Dead can be moved to several locations depending on style.

Night of the Dead - helps keep you ghoul alive and makes it easier to bring him back should he die.
    Unholy Aura - increase damage on moving bosses of you and the melee dps in the raid.
    Epidemic - allows for larger rotations that fit in more damage from multi-rune abilities.
    Dirge - more deathcoils.

I personally prefer Night of the Dead or Unholy Aura depending on situation, but I wanted to put out there all the options.
    I agree with epidemic for a lot of specs, but not this one. The only multi-rune ability you'll use for a standard 33/38 rotation is HB, which only requires FF to be up. Since you'll be casting IT a ton with this build, it's just not important to get those two points in epidemic.

I'd advise against dirge for this build as well. You don't have SS, you only need to use PS once per rotation (depending on how you play), and you will not be likely to use obliterate or DS. It's a minimal gain for this spec, imo absolutely not worth it.

Without NotLD ghouls tend to die off too quickly. They pump out a good amount of extra dps if they live long enough, and you can't count on healers to keep an eye out for them.

Unholy aura is sweet for a lot of fights. If no one else in your raid is bringing it then grab it. It's worth the loss of some personal dps to help the rest of the raid's mobility. I promise your epeen will be fine even without being #1 on the dps.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Folly

Dirge - more deathcoils.

I really can't see any other reason than sheer stupidity to go Dirge or Epidemic over either of those 2. Your only attack with this spec that "Likes" diseases is Blood Strike. BLOOD STRIKE. It hits what, 800?

And Dirge provides you 10 extra RP per rotation, hooray!

Can't really see them outweighting a ghoul that actually stays alive. UH aura I can understand if you got another UH DK with it, but I'd still rather take that for stuff like Thaddius where you have to split up.