Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: RNG bothers me in 25man KT

Quote Originally Posted by CSJenova
    This is assuming your warriors and retri's have shields, and a rogue or enhance shaman would have fun pulling aggro over 2-3 minutes of healing aggro as mentioned in other posts.

The Retri can still bubble wall, as could a holy pally, but suffering some knockback possibly.

Any hunter could tank 1 add for 5 seconds with a distrating shot and deterrance, and a DK could in fact tank 1 with IBF and a second temporarily with death grip+IBF, but the point is either a resto druid or a moonkin could do the same job with barkskin. Would it be ideal? No...but having both OT's cc'd simultaneously isn't ideal either...so that point is moot.

When shit hits the fan it is about awareness. If you are looking for failsafes, you want to make sure EVERYONE knows what they can do to help fix the situation. A resto druid friend of mine in his current gear would have 12500 armor in bear form. A fury warrior of similar gear level has 13000 armor and a similarly geared DK has 13500, but they have the advantage of going into frost presence to increase that. Assuming the warrior has a shield...which they may not...either person would be better suited for the job. But assuming either of them is not prepared to grab the add immediately, the resto druid could do the job until the situation was back under control. With healing aggro, there is a decent chance that a taunt would not necessarily be required as an added bonus.

I would not recommend assigning your druids as the only failsafe for this situation, but they could do the job if it was needed is the point.
    Clear example of how awful Wotlk is.... if your warriors and paladins dont have a shield and arent good enough to throw it on, toss out a taunt and shield wall then you have no business being on an end-boss.

Edit: Granted you are hypothetically speaking but my statement is for the general public.

Re: RNG bothers me in 25man KT

Quote Originally Posted by foolishness
    Clear example of how awful Wotlk is.... if your warriors and paladins dont have a shield and arent good enough to throw it on, toss out a taunt and shield wall then you have no business being on an end-boss.

Edit: Granted you are hypothetically speaking but my statement is for the general public.
    While I would agree with your general statement about players generally being prepared, we all know that people can be carried through content that don't pay attention and aren't always prepared. While this may not have been true for bleeding edge progression in BC, once bleeding edge progression is done and it is down to the rest of the world that progresses more slowly due to scheduling or other issues, it is not uncommon at all for people to be carried. If a guild could only downed Illidan once pretty much the entire guild was in off set pieces from BT/Hyjal's earlier bosses, they could carry people that were only aware of where they should be standing to DPS and not aware of what was going on with the rest of the raid.

This was not as much the case in SWP pre 3.0, but Kara -> BT you could easily carry a reasonable number of people that couldn't be bothered with more than where to stand while pew pewing. That in itself is a sad state of affairs, but at least it's not as bad as 15-20 people carrying 20-25 people through MC/BWL, at least in my opinion.