Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Consecrate... Heals?

sorry to break it to you buddy, but paladins are not the #1 pvp class, especially "by fAR"

Quote Originally Posted by fenix.wraith
    sorry to break it to you buddy, but paladins are not the #1 pvp class, especially "by fAR"
    Lets put opinions aside and talk facts. Clicking that link will enlighten you to the current state of PvP of which you are apparently unaware.

http://www.arenajunkies.com/rankings/player/

why not do it with a glyph. have the glyph control how much it heals so its not op. and have an increase to mana cost...or cd.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdrage
    Lets put opinions aside and talk facts. Clicking that link will enlighten you to the current state of PvP of which you are apparently unaware.

Everything always becomes an arena conversation...

Ret is probably op. While holy seems powerful, it is mostly in part because Reslilence is weak, making the plate healer viable

You know, exactly how it happened in season 1. By the time Season 2 rolled around, Disc, druids, etc, threw paladins RIGHT out the window.

People are always just pointing hate fingers at whatever they can all the time.

I don't think it should be cast like DnD (aka so you can place it where you want) i think its part of playing a pally in that you have to be where you want consecrate to go off. If you want a place-able consecrate play a deathknight. As for the heals, i don't see why a glyph couldn't be the solution to that problem, or a talent. But not a base line ability.

Firemist

i saw just as many shamans and hunters. not to mention a paladin wasnt even highest

Quote Originally Posted by Lionne
    Just remember, if it both heal and damages, the mana cost would increase *alot*. Holy Nova isn't exactly cheap.
    Who cares? If you're a Protection Paladin you should use Blessing of Sanctuary, making that 3% more mana not even visible at your mana pool bar. Though if this goes to work and it has a great mana cost, I guess we can see the PvPers start whining instantly, thus making Blizzard softhearted etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Marudas

Ret is probably op. While holy seems powerful, it is mostly in part because Reslilence is weak, making the plate healer viable

You know, exactly how it happened in season 1. By the time Season 2 rolled around, Disc, druids, etc, threw paladins RIGHT out the window.

Holy "seems" powerful but I guess it's just an illusion right? The 24 holy paladins in the world top 100 are just a passing illusion. We can only assume people playing in the 2100+ brackets still don't yet have enough resilience for us to make a decisive conclusion on the state of Paladin PvP. They are probably all wearing blues and greens and hoping to gear up next season.

I could just click on a couple peoples armories to inform myself before really committing to this speculation but I think I'd rather just go with it and make some posts. Works for me.

it would have to be a deep holy talent to stop ret and prot getting the healing ability as well. It would be nice to have an extra heal to use other than HL spam for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by fenix.wraith
    i saw just as many shamans and hunters. not to mention a paladin wasnt even highest
    When you learn the elusive skill of simple addition I will go ahead and decide your posts exist or pretend they are worth responding to in the future.

When you learn the elusive skill of simple addition I will go ahead and decide your posts exist or pretend they are worth responding to in the future.
    right. so estimating is worthless now. wow is based solely on numbers; exact numbers. never mind the fact that it's just a game

Quote Originally Posted by Marudas

Dont know where u were but pvp gear was good back then too.

Now with blizzards new resilence policy a healer is punished much sp crit and mana/health to get resil on an item.

I for one dont get blizz's line of thought like oh resil will fix this class's squishyness in pvp but lets nerf all the other stats on the item so it puts them right back to where they were before they put it on. Ya the burst goes down but hey the logenvity it takes a shit kick in the nuts with their new stat reduction policy. Apparently they wanted arena to finish in 1-2 mins but they keep saying they didn't intend it that way then i have to ask is their head on straight?
    "Because of all the days that have passed, We are who we are."

Quote Originally Posted by Lionne
    Now I'm just nitpicking, but doesn't Consecration do quite a bit more damage, as well?. I'm really not sure, so I'll take your word for it.
    Not really...you can move out of cons as it ticks but once you've been hit by nova thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by Serai
    it is rather odd that the forces of good gain no reward from standing on holy soil

but if it were to gain such a buff the pressure to always keep it up would increase, and our mana might not support that
    -Form a group
    -Get a healer
    -Enter instance
    -Buff with BoS
    ?????????????
    = Success

Quote Originally Posted by Typh00n
    Holy Nova: 25%
    Consecration: 22%

Not that much difference but i agree with you, but not the "alot" part : )
    Time: 0.0 -- Consecration . . . . . . Holy Nova
    1.5 -- N/A . . . . . . " "
    3.0 -- N/A . . . . . . " "
    4.5 -- N/A . . . . . . " "
    6.0 -- N/A . . . . . . " "
    7.5 -- N/A . . . . . . " "
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Total: 1 6

0.22 * 1 = 0.22
    0.25 * 6 = 1.5

In the time it takes for one Consecration to cooldown, using Holy Nova every GCD results in over 6 times as much mana loss. Obviously the big BUT here is the amount of healing/damage is highly speculative. But I'm just trying to make a point that Holy Nova, due to its instant-cast nature, is, yes, A LOT more mana than Consecration.

It didn't seem like I could get a reply, just arguements. How much damage does a decent geared Holy Paladin deal with Consecration?
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    But we're worried that logic might not lead to the best game.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Of Doom
    it would have to be a deep holy talent to stop ret and prot getting the healing ability as well. It would be nice to have an extra heal to use other than HL spam for a change.
    /nod

If its too much, atleast Consecrate will heal the group instead of the raid eh
    But it would be really cool if it heals the raid cuz the only AoE Heal we have is the Glyph of Holy Light and Judgement of Light(which does not stack with with other pallies' Judgement of Light)
    ;

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Hmm, how about 20% of the damage done heals friendly targets stood in Consecration? That's what; 60 per tick? or there about's.

Either that, or 1% health regenerated per second while stood in it (obviously, it's effected by healing debuffs such as MS, or the Loatheb aura). For me, that'd be 320 healing per tick to me before buffs. Again, that's not much, and it's not exactly overpowered for PvP (The high mana cost makes it unspammable, and the healing it does is overshadowed by and dps, tank or even another healer class), but in PvE, it's a nice boost to our flexibility. Either that, or make a replenishment effect for HP.

It's not a lot, but a deep-holy talent could exchange some of the remaining damage done for healing instead. That'd be helpful for all specs then.
    now the next problem. a 25m raid stacking on 3 concecrations that tick 300 each for each person. take concecration glyph with that for mana cost efficiency. another reason to take more healadins in a raid.

I skipped the majority of the bickering, however felt compelled to comment. Taken from Wikipedia, "Consecration is the solemn dedication to a special purpose or service, usually religious. The word "consecration" literally means "to associate with the sacred". Therefore, I believe it could have the capacity to both smite the wicked and mend the just, but maybe greatly differentiate one from the other. My idea, somewhat like the DK mechanic, is to instead increase the healing received while on holy ground. Possibly, even go as far to make the healing aspec of it scale off spell power only. Would all Paladins benefit from this? Sure, but not as much as holy.

This could be scaled back greatly, I believe 1/10 of total spell power would be a good starting point. This would slightly affect PvP (which I know, Blizzard is trying to nerf holy in PvP), but it could give the edge for Holy to become more competitive with other healing classes. Also, this buff would not stack. Let me know what you guys think.

Quote Originally Posted by Burner
    I seen your other posts on mounts and now this?

TROLL!!!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)