Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Rogue auto win vs hunter

Are wasps really that OP?
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Quote Originally Posted by Gotjuice
    Are wasps really that OP?
    if i recall right the wasp has a feary fire like effect which prevents stealth or vanishing, i believe this effect is, however, effected by CloS.

still, a siginificant debuff for rogues
    all hail king frost strike

Make sure your pet is on aggressive, stealth tracking is up too, keep moving around, this makes opening successfully much harder.

This works pretty well on mediocre rogues:-
    I find having trinket - disengage on one macro invaluable, both are off GCD, so hammering the button will instantly get you away (jump at the same time) stopping them from re-crippling you instantly. as you fly back get up HM to force them to vanish/prevent stealth, and drop a frosty when you land, if they come for you then and proc LnL they are a dead man walking.

Yeah I do get that, what I dont get is "put the pet in aggressive, watch wasp find rogue before getting near"
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

with a flare up and pet on aggressive your pet can find a stealthed target much faster than you can see the rogue or the rogue can realize he is too close to flare. Wasps can charge and use their knockback effect. So when you know its a rogue or druid just target off your pet and he will find the stealthie

Any pet will help your chances with finding a stealthy in arenas. Put it on aggressive and move around as unpredictably as you can. Also spamming scatter so when he does pop up on your screen off to the side stealthed it auto-targets and you hit him instead of going "@#&*^% I saw him too and he still got me." Also i find that when starting an arena the best strategy is too charge in and immediately drop a flare about 10-15 yards in front of the room they start in, you have at least a 50% chance of grabbing a stealthy that way. Also the healer is normally tucked away or running away not htinkin the stealthed person is in any danger until you ES>AimS him and hes at 40% hp.

ALWAYS ATTACK SOMONE YOU BREAK FROM STEALTH EARLY.
    PRO TIP: Use your brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_
    1v1 rogues counter all but a couple of plate classes and healers.

This is offset by their extreme fragility in arenas.
    1vs1 muti rogue has no chance vs good frost mage to.
    (even though it depends greatly on player skill. Bad rogue will win over bad mage, Pro mage will win over pro rogue)
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Frostmane&n=Darkk%C3%AEller
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Chromaggus&n=Darkkillerrs

this whole thread is bs
    Rogues only auto win against bad players and those with out resilience.
    Same thing could be said about any class in pvp gear and knows how to play their class.
    and the extreme rogue nerf they put in you shouldn't be having any problems since rogues spend 60 energy to do almost 2k dmg to a resilience target.

So stop blaming rogues to your inability to gear yourself and learning to play your class.

and being a rogue Hunters are extremely good kiters and with your over powered explosive shot. If your having trouble killing a rogue reroll

To the people that reply with QQ or 'lrn2play a new class'... you want to go home and rethink your lives.

Each class should be 'fun' to playin PvP and PvE. And, you shouldn't be forced to use 1 spec to PvP with, or you're useless.

When speaking to a GM recently about my own character, I was told that 1v1 mechanics are an afterthought. The primary and real focus is group PvP and Arena PvP. I had an issue where about 4-5 classes were simply devistating vs my class. I was told to try 3v3 arena's where I would have a dedicated healer or more bg's.

That was the GM's 'solution'. Essentially, they were saying... stop trying to be a solo-hero and play the game as a team and utilize the tools offered by the mechanics in that team.

While the GM's direction wasn't the solution I wanted (and no, I wasn't looking for an 'i win' button solution), but in the long run... the GM was right.

Some classes are OP atm. I think we all know this. Everyone is dealing with that atm. Hang in there and pray it gets fixed OR that your class gets buffed.

Also, duel people. If you have issues with certain classes, focus on duelling them. Sure, it sucks losing duels, but you will learn from those duels. I'd rather lose to someone that is trying to help me get better than lose to the enemy and give them points in a BG, Arena, or open-world.

Another suggestion, communicate. Ask players that play the opposing class questions. OR roll one of those classes and play them for a while to discover their weaknesses and potentially what spots you could exploit.

Of course gearing up made a huge difference for me, and probably everyone else. Get stam and res and see if that changes your game much for you.

Rogues are troublesome, but manageable.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyz
    None of you have obviously played arena past 1600.
    I thought this was a joke topic, but you might be right.

Quote Originally Posted by nakamaru
    so instead of being massively OP and moving down to just plain OP in 3.1 you rogues just wont beable to handle it, so the only option is to move to the single class that might be more OP than you after the patch?

play a "real" class
    I lol'd ... ever played past the... 1300 bracket? theirs almost nothing a rogue can kill without help...

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by bovaja
    I lol'd ... ever played past the... 1300 bracket? theirs almost nothing a rogue can kill without help...
    Have you ever played the arena? Ever? I can kill shit w/o help thank you.

This whole topic is bullshit. I play a hunter and I have no problem killing rogues no matter what spec I am. On top of that I usually manage to 2v1 or 3v1 with a rogues being one of them. Hunter when played right have amazing abilities to use to get around just about everything.

AND WE'RE FUCKIN 2ND MOST REPRESENTED IN ARENAS!

you guys suck, hunters don't have nearly as many problems as most other classes, gtfo unless you can pvp.

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lemons
    Have you ever played the arena? Ever? I can kill shit w/o help thank you.
    Hai thar troll , check my sig.

and dont go crai over bgs.. its not even real PVP anymore since arenas where added...

Okay i appologize , 1 on 1 i CAN kill another rogue... but yeah.. still does not change my point of view...

Quote Originally Posted by Relina
    Rogues auto win against just about every class cept Ferals, DKs, and Warriors who know how to sword&board. Just suck it up and flare more often I guess.
    Are you nuts !! Rogues get raped by survival it is a no match !! ... wha world are you living in ? it s wolk dudes frost mages rape rogues it was a good 1v1 match up in bc but now rogues are down... and what about ret pallyz (i play ret 2k1 in 2v2) i simply rape rogues 1v1 when both our partners are dead last day i even killed a rogue and a mage 1v2 my partner died early ... and holly pally outlast rogues
    So plz stop with this imba rogue legend rogues are average now .

You know, the funny thing is; only an OP class can counter another OP class in 1V1. Game isnt balanced in a 1v1 way, we all know that. Hell, even i as a lock can kill every baddie facerolling in BGs/Arenas.

The main problem here (and i know im getting out of the topic) is that as many people have mentioned, you get bursted down before you can even react and/or cant get healed trough so much damage.

I carry 800 resillience and play affliction, got trained by a fury warrior and a feral druid (seriously, finishers for 7k every 5 seconds) The arenas arent focused on the "skill" everyone claims to have.

As far as rogues vs lock, a good rogue will always win. They counter every clothie cept frost mages who cheat with their instaeverything, lol.

OK just to clarify rogues can call things above 1300 solo. I play 1800 2s and I have had a rogue shdw step through the gates before they drop in org and kill me before the gates were down and kill my priest healer seconds later. I had 820 resil priest had 910. I laughed and he laughed and then we went and killed them in nagrand.

But yes rogues can solo ppl in arena.

Quote Originally Posted by xxf2dxx
    I have a 78 shadowpriest that I kill 80 Rogues with. So far it just seems like people have no idea how to deal with Rogues.
    You just proved how full of shi-t you are. Shadow priests simply dont have the moves to beat a rogue. They dont have anything to fend off the rogue, and who wins if the rogue has 100% hug time on the priest? This only proves that rogues are retarted and can faceroll other classes even they are dumb. That proves that the class is over the top op, but we all knew that already.

Priest screams, you clos, he scream again you trinket. Are you saying that rogue cant beat a priest while having 1 minute straight melee/hug time with all the interrupts and stuns?

Damn spoiled rogue kiddos starting to cry just for hearing rumours at getting pulled in line with other classes, which wont happen but the rumours seem to be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by bovaja
    Hahaha so rogue is not OP since they cant solo arenas? xD This is the best one of the day! Rogue can kill any class 1v1 without help, but I'm kinda interested in hearing which classes you should be able to beat 1v2, 1v3 or 1v5? Please enlighten.