Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: What were Blizzard thinking.

At level 74 in Frost Presence that DK would have been lucky to hit 17k hp...and that's in "tank" gear...dps gear he'd be lucky to hit 14k in Frost.

If you pop fear...DK can either trinket/EMfH/WotF or he can pop lichborne...no matter which one he uses your pally could then Hammer him...he then has to use the other one...or sit there stunned the whole time...if he was UH then he probably does not have Lichborne either...so he gets to trinket/emfh and wotf...if he's smart he will wotf the fear and trinket pally stun...if he's not undead all he can do is trinket/emfh...which is 2min CD...compared to your 30sec CD fear...

During that stun...if you and a holy pally cannot put out enough damage to kill him, he's gonna be damn close.

Keeping abolish up the whole fight isn't a suggestion...it's a necessity.

If you would have done nothing other than keep SW:P on him...and dispelled diseases the whole fight you could have killed him much faster...ya see...since you do not seem to understand what others have been telling you...

Death Strike would have been his only means of self healing other than potions...

By keeping ALL diseases off you his Death Strikes would not have healed him AT ALL...

If he has no healing ... and you have a holy pally healing you...you could literally just stand there and spam SW:P on him and keep smashing Cure Disease and re-applying abolish when it drops.

If he's unholy he would not have blood worms and most likely did not have Rune Tap...he could sacrifice his ghoul for health...but thats more time to summon a new one and not dps'ing you.

Your pally could have FoLx2 you and then Holy Shock the DK every time it's up...keep SoVeng/Corr on DK the whole time ticking away...and titans forbid that DK pop Lichborne against a pally and get Holy Wrath/Exorcism'd in the face for half his health.

You guys might be good...I don't know you so I can't really say that you're bad...but I can say neither of you have any idea how to fight a DK and THAT is why you lost...just to illustrate it for you:

"I'm an Enhancement Shaman and I tried to use Lightning Bolt and Chain Lightning to kill a hunter but he just stood there and killed me in like 4 seconds! WTF whaaa whaaa"

Know your class, know the class you are targetting, and cry when you get stun locked...not when you get outplayed, because I can guarantee the whole fight the DK was thinking "wtf lol this dude aint dispelling my diseases, and that holy pally is a newb rofl...he isn't even trying to burn me down he is just spam healing this SP rofl rofl rofl."

One last tidbit of info...DK's can be silenced and it severely cripples their dps...

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiecutter
    I would expect Abolish Disease to be a lot more use on a high-resilience priests versus death knights, i guess too much was against me.

...or you didn't know what to do. That's hard to swallow, I know, but just learn from it. It could have gone a lot easier if you'd known what to do, there's no shame in that. Just learn from it and move on.

Harsh, but not unexpected when you're a 74 spriest in levelling gear, from being a healer at 70

While the balance is certainly different at 80, it's quite fun to point out that Unholy DK is ruling 2v2
    Your absolutely correct in that at your point, knowing the ins and outs of all the classes is asking a bit much, but you are the one making the claims the dks exist without a counter-balance.

I guess we should also ask blizzard What are they thinking with holy paladins? Since they make up an even bigger percentage of the 2v2 bracket above 2000 rating.

To OP:

Reroll, clothies always have problems with the most of melee classes. Reroll a DK?

Abolish ticking every 5 sec, while removing a disease would decrease his damage a bit, he was still slicing through me like nothing, damn you cloth.
    Removing the diseases would've decreased his damage by almost 50%. It's basically your version of a DK's magic mitigation, and you decided not to do it. The DK decided it was worth his while to pop his anti magic shield and icebound fortitude against you, because he understood where your damage was coming from. You decided to panic and not do the same that was available to you. Also, given that you could have bubbled and feared you should have been able to buy yourself plenty of time to dps him down given you had a pocket healer. DK's don't have any abilities to break fear. You have three powerful dots as a shadowpriest and you also have a flat 15% physical damage mitigation. Did you not remember to keep up inner fire?

And on the DK side, what is this insane magic damage mitigation you keep referring to? Do you mean our 5 seconds of 75% magic damage mitigation from anti magic shield? or our 12 seconds of 20% damage mitigation from icebound fort? Yes we have abilities but so do you, and instead of using yours you seem to have just stood there getting healed and complaining.

I agree with OP!

Seriously, no lvl 80 should die to a lvl 74! Even if they're in bad gear and have badly geared allies, every lvl 80 should have immunity against lvl 77 and under.

That way lvl 80 shitty geared peeps who got owned by lower lvls can stop complaining on message boards.

While not adviseable to complain about a class on a subforum for that class, it's funny how defensive you become

It's also funny how bad of a player you seem to be. Along with much of the population of WoW, they introduce a new class, people have had 4months? Playing against it in pvp situations and you believe them to be ungodly. Like others have said here, you had a paladin friend and you were a PRIEST both of you can remove diseases...end of story, you fail at this game and you should probably go back to playing something more user friendly like MSPaint.

Next time this happens, inform the paladin to spam heals on you instead of himself because that's the only comprehensible amount of fail going on here.

Abolish Disease, Sacred Shield, Psychic Scream, and /lol DK.

Go away cuz your either bad or a troll and nobody likes either of them.

Rofl, if you are not a troll. Then you obviously sucks mega hard at PVP.
    You barely know DK mechanism and hence know jacks about how to fight one. I seriously doubt you even know how to play your own class lol

Do me a favor, instead of wasting time making QQ thread. Go do some study on your class and others.
    Were you that stupid to stand there tanking DK dmg because you had your dumbo friend healing you?
    Tell you what? your friend could have stunned the DK, BoF you and as everyone else said, remove the disease regularly.
    But I bet you probably feels overconfident since your dumbo friend was healing you and just spam your imbazor dmg spells and tank him right in the face instead of kiting him. And your sucky pala friend probably only has 2 spells on his action bar; flash light, holy light.

You are probably gonna counter-argue that the DK could have become immune to stun for 15 second, mindfreeze, strangulate, blood tap, deathgrip. But all these spells have rather lengthy CD and obviously he could not have spend GCD doing all those WHILE dishing out 2-3k a hit EVERY GCD as you claimed.. ROFL

So bottom lines. L2P, find a new friend, your pala friend is worth less than junk and don't come here and lie please