Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: What paladins really need........

paladin need giving up divine shield and use divine protection like this evrybody will stop crying about the pally

Last night at the Naxx25 man raid i did, i was healing 33-40% of all Healing at the boss fights (and think we had like 5-6 Healers) and the other Holydin in the raid refused to cast Holy light(and he even had Holy Light glyph >.<) imo Paladins are fine, id say the only thing i want is Sacred shield beeing buffed a little (to 1000 dmg absorbed instead of 500) would do all the difference i need PvP wise, but other than that im fine with paladins. i just need more skills in pvp lolzor (gief higher rating than 1800 with my paladin )

anyways
    What paladins really need........

Less idiots playing them.
    *nods*
    True wisdom is to look beyond your own opinion.

Remove retribution, and add another healing specc. (Like priests dicipline)
    Then do something to prot, making it a good leveling specc without gimping the dmg to much.
    The new Healing tree should be based on pvp, and holy should then be focused 100% on PvE. (Again like priests )
    Ok im new to hotkeying so im most likely doing something wrong.

I can hotkey alt to anything but the function keys. I can do alt+f1, f2, f3 but when i get to f4 it crashes my game EVERY TIME! Its annoying because I have to reset all my hotkeys cuz a game crash doesnt save them. Please fix soon!

Oh yes. Remove Retribution! That would be fun. Might as well remove Shadow-priests, Enhancement-Shamans, Ferals and... err... Arms and Fury-Warriors while you're at it? Also, remove Arcane and give mages a healing tree, like priest's Discipline.
    "Like it's MY fault some BIG dragon knocked me into a cave full of LITTLE dragons!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperweight View Post
    The community didn't go down the shitter because of the LFG system, the LFG system just introduced you to the shitty community in a horribly effective way.

Quote Originally Posted by NathSB
    Oh yes. Remove Retribution! That would be fun. Might as well remove Shadow-priests, Enhancement-Shamans, Ferals and... err... Arms and Fury-Warriors while you're at it? Also, remove Arcane and give mages a healing tree, like priest's Discipline.
    Why remove something that gives free honor? Free honor is goooooood.

Quote Originally Posted by Burner
    while we r at it I want 100% chance to crit on every attack.

see what I did there?
    And give pallies http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=61455!
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by greenmasheen
    QTF QTF QTF!

there is a relatively high mana cost to cleanse for a reason. you shouldnt be able to run around and remove all snares and magic/poison/disease effects without a penalty attached.

priest dispell only dispells magic and abolish disease only removes diseases. you get a spell that does everything in one click, so stop whining about it.
    . What was I whining about?

A Cleanse like abolish psn/disease would be nice. Either have it attempt to remove one of the 3 types of effects every 1-2 seconds, or have it try to remove all 3 effect types every 5 secs.

And the reason pallies are healing damn well in arenas is due to the fact that they can basically ignore dots and just spam heals because crit rate is so high with illumination mana is no problem. The only thing they have to worry about is getting burst to death, only classes really good at that is rogue and mage, and with 30 or so points into ret you get a free stun break every 25 secs and a ranged 6 sec incap every min.

Your idea is better than the OP so have at it

How the hell do you stun someone with a sword or axe anyway?

You should only be able to stun with maces. seriously just think about it.
    With the flat bit of teh sword. ;D

Isn't the best in slot ret weapon the Jawbone because of the crazy amount of expertise it offers? I heard ret really hurts lacking an expertise talent like DK's.

I dont mean it that way.. Axes and Swords slice, but to stun requires a blunt object such as a hammer or "mace" why not make the game more realistic?
    If you turn your sword or axe 90° and hit some1 with it will stun them just as good as a mace but would be funny if blizz made a note on hammer of justice like: 6sec with mace, 3sec with sword or axe xDDDDDD LOLADIN!

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor
    OMG the idiocy is great with this one.
    wtf u talking man ..first Divine shield had 2 ranks first rank u got at lvl somewhere at lvl 40 rank 2 u got at lvl 54 i think ...they should have done a rank 3 in bc / lich king but instead they removed it ???

Ret Butthurt much? Play a fucking Arms warrior, you'll find the experience is't much different.

Two healing trees and a tank tree would be awesome, I'd roll a Paladin for two types of healing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish8586
    I tihnk wehn naruto uses teh spirit bomb on vegeta den he will b defeated and tehn he can fite teh homonclus taht ed made cuz he cant cuz its his mawm!!! ^______________________^

what paladins really need is... <drums rolling>

DECENT LIBRAMS!!!! <lightning strikes in the background>

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

i think i have to agree with the OP. i play a holy pally and on any given arena match i will scroll up through my combat log and most of the time about 35-50% of what i attempted to cleanse was resisted. it's gotten to the point i don't even bother any more b/c it's a waste of mana- i just flash through the dmg. also, shammies have their totems, priests have abolish disease, and droods have who knows what. my cleanse 1) is on gcd 2) costs a shit ton of mana (sure i could glyph it... o_O) 3) doesn't work 1/3-1/2 of the time. sure it cleanses a magic, disease, and poison effect all at once but generally i don't have more than 1 of these on me at a time. put something in the holy tree where is removes rng imo. i would take that over the gay cleansing thing we have now. sounds like most of the qq is @ ret pallies anyhow. make the hunter actually use some skill for a change and have to silence me while viper ticks but for the love of god don't allow my 4 cleanses to be resisted while it the sting ticks for full value.

*granted we're still OP in arena's but that doesn't change the fact our cleanse sucks*

PALYS RLY NEED REAL AOE HEAL

Why that?
    I really think a class with 2 healing, and 1 tanking specc would be cool.
    It's not like protection paladins do weak damage, and it's definatly a fun way to level a Paladin.

Atm. Paladins with Druids, are the only ones who can Heal, Tank and DPS, and even tho i play a Paladin, i find that quite unfair. You can even argue that Druids have 4 speccs to go.
    Therefore removing one of these would be cool, and i see retribution as the best one, since Paladins "Guardians of the Holy Light" or w/e shouldn't run around smashing gnomes with a hammer.
    Blizzard should also make Feral a 100% dps specc, and remove Bear form.

This would also stop alot of the hate vs. paladins, since most of it is lolret-generated.
    Ok im new to hotkeying so im most likely doing something wrong.

I can hotkey alt to anything but the function keys. I can do alt+f1, f2, f3 but when i get to f4 it crashes my game EVERY TIME! Its annoying because I have to reset all my hotkeys cuz a game crash doesnt save them. Please fix soon!

that's very smart, every class in the game gets a DPS spec but Paladins can't?

and saying it's "Unfair" that paladins can Tank, DPS and Heal is stupid since you can't do Either of those unless you are GEARED and Talented that way. the only exception to that Rule is Healing that only requires the Gear and you can heal in any spec but not as efficiently.

that's is the only Un-fairness i see, that any other spec can heal and it's not limited to deep holy as it should be. Now i don't mean they should block holy light from beind used by other specs but they should give a bigger penalty for using holy gear as Prot or Ret spec

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming_rain
    Ret Butthurt much? Play a fucking Arms warrior, you'll find the experience is't much different.

Two healing trees and a tank tree would be awesome, I'd roll a Paladin for two types of healing.
    I play Holy and Prot. I'm not defending Ret per se, but removing it would be stupid. Make one of their talents make bubble unusable or something.

Two types of healing? Healing is healing, really. Roll a priest instead. Their T8 will even look like Plate xD
    "Like it's MY fault some BIG dragon knocked me into a cave full of LITTLE dragons!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperweight View Post
    The community didn't go down the shitter because of the LFG system, the LFG system just introduced you to the shitty community in a horribly effective way.

A BIG BIG NERF
    <embed src="http://wow.ukgl.co.uk/wow.swf?s=US&r=bleeding hollow&n=esperance" quality="high"
    pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="450" height="80"></embed>

Oh no....