Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Instructor and Mind Control

I've been reading that Instructor Razuvious's adds can't be Mind Controlled at the moment. Can anyone confirm or deny?

Re: Instructor and Mind Control

if that were true...you couldnt kill him...could you?

Quote Originally Posted by Raige
    if that were true...you couldnt kill him...could you?
    Yes you can kill him without MC, I know of at least 2 other ways.

Having said that, not sure if there is a problem or not, will find out tonight I guess

cool. what other ways are there? i didnt think it was possible to tank him, as he hits for 100k+ before mitigation with one of this attacks, i thought.

Unbalancing Strike can be avoided but it would one shot a tank. D=

so, what? hunters just juggle him back adn forth? damn, poor melee dps.

As far as i know, the only way you could do it without mc is to play the "cant touch this" game, and spread every class with any kind of taunt around his area, and then basicly taunt juggle him constantly around the, maybe having hunters throw in distracting shots and feigns also. Would take forever cause if any mele without an aggro drop managed to snap aggro, they would pretty much get instantly gibbed.

The only other method i remember hearing about involved mage tanking him with spellstolen Bone Armor off of the DK's patrolling in the area just before him, but i dont think you can do that any more

they nerfed the mess outta the mages in the milatary quarter. mages used to be able to solo the entire military wing because of the bone shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Priestgirl09
    Maybe its not distract shot i'm thinking of.

I heard hunters got a new spell in wotlk which lets them do this fight. I'm not sure how but its a viable tactic people do use. I think they pretty much MC the thing, but a hunter needs to explain.
    Only thing i can think of is perhaps the new change to deterrence, which makes them 100% immune to physical damage (100% parry chance) for 5 seconds, but that wouldn't allow you to effectively tank him, just give you a few second window to survive when he got to you (and its on a 1.5 min cooldown, 1.4 with glyph).

I'm not aware of any new hunter ability that would allow them to Mindcontroll or otherwise controll the adds.

Razuvious' adds are fully MC'able - just came out of Naxx 25 and we powned his silly blue arse. Keep in mind to make sure your priests dont have PoShadow Protection or Gift of the Wild on as the MC'd adds inherit your spell resistance - and +shadow res = chance to break MC very early indeed. Also ensure no Pallies are using Aura of Shadow Resistance.

Are you trying to do it with priests who don't have +hit gear? If so, there's your reason.

It does not work well without +hit gear.

You can take 3 hunters, space them out equally forming a Triangle. They trade off kiting Raz for 4-5s using Distracting shot, which now functions like mocking blow where the target will target the hunter for ~6sec. Tank the adds just about anywhere you want, stack the bulk of the casters in the middle of the triangle. We also did this with only 2 hunters and one priest, having the priest periodically MC an add and tank it for a bit, then have the two hunters start up again. Gives some time for the melee to lay into him.

Quote Originally Posted by Vallos
    Are you trying to do it with priests who don't have +hit gear? If so, there's your reason.

It does not work well without +hit gear.
    I thought that the +hit requirement had been removed for 25 man naxx, and was only needed in the old 40 man version. Though i could see the thing about Pets Inheriting your Spell Resists from Raid buffs as being a potential problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Priestgirl09
    hunter can distract shot (i think thats what its called).
    Which gets all the aggro to the hunter himself and he'll die, because he won't have time to FD. If he does FD, a healer will probably be screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd
    I thought that the +hit requirement had been removed for 25 man naxx, and was only needed in the old 40 man version.
    You'll not need hit, but it makes MC more stable and the encounter is more easy to control, because MC will not interrupt randomly.

6% are enough, because the adds only are Level 82

BRING THE PLAYER NOT THE CLASS!
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedFate15
    since I'm a DK, I don't understand

Hit has no effect at all on those mobs. It does not make it last longer, it does not help you with resists. Stop this misinformation.
    if you have no clue what you are talking shut up , the only one missinformed is you , for 25 man version priests need some random gear to get some hit rating , otherwise it can break often.

And agree with this for the encounter :

You'll not need hit, but it makes MC more stable and the encounter is more easy to control, because MC will not interrupt randomly.

6% are enough, because the adds only are Level 82
    very easy to grab some hit gear to make the MC more stable , otherwise it probably interupt randomly and can be very annoying
    Banned for trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by superbotje
    Which gets all the aggro to the hunter himself and he'll die, because he won't have time to FD. If he does FD, a healer will probably be screwed.
    what? you don't distracting shot and run up and give him a handshake. you stand far away and juggle him before he gets to you (using multiple distracting shots)

and my guild did it last night no problems

It's always me (Shadow - hit cap) and another priest (Holy - zero hit) who do the MCing and neither of us have had any problems with MC, not even back when Naxx was lagging like crap and there were 5 sec delays on everything (including casting MC).

A few times I was the only priest, so we subbed in alt lvl 80 priests in blue gear and less than 80 hit rating (cap is 289-290) just for the MC fight and they had no problems either. So it doesn't matter if you are hit capped (like me), have some hit (alt priests in blue gear), or have zero hit (holy priests) - if you know the fights and as long as you're not lagging, MC will not drop.

Or maybe for the past months farming Naxx we were just lucky? :P

There is a bug, I though that they had fixed it though.

im not %100 sure weather it wouldnt let you MC or if it would just break strait away. Either way, we had to wait for soft reset before we were able to do it.