Thread: 0/20/51 PVE?

0/20/51 PVE?

So right now the Duel-wield spec is king of the dps jungle--that I get. But, after the reshuffling of talents and what not which I assume will move howling blast further down the frost tree and make gargoyle unreachable by the build, well I would have to assume it won't be so great anymore.

Not just that I don't really enjoy duel wielding that much--it just isn't as amusing for me for some reason.

--So with that in mind I've noticed a PvP spec 0/20/51 running around and I was wondering how a similar (but pve focused) build (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=jZGMxzbxZfMGI0okxcqMcsuh) might work out in PvE. Specifically using a 2h weapon. Has anyone tried something like this? How does it perform? Just looking at the talent spec I've posted how horribly noobish is it and did I make any glaring point placement mistakes? I intend to try it myself, but there is always the potential that I might just not have enough information on how the build should work in terms of rotation and what not and I'd really like some information from people who know the class a little better than myself.

Just looking for some experienced input--or flaming--you know what ever you feel might best contribute to the discussion.

Thanks.

Re: 0/20/51 PVE?

If you are talking strictly for PvE and not PvP related at all I would drop unholy command and the one point from On a Pale Horse and put them in BCB. As unholy I very rarely ever go for outbreak due to plague strike sucking hard core for damage purposes. An unholy DPS PvE build doesn't rely as much on a rotation but more so hoping you can just constantly SS and RP dump on things with SS glyphed. You won't always be able to but that's neither here nor there. I still think regardless this won't do the DPS a cookie cutter unholy would, but it wouldn't do bad damage. Personally if I was going to do it though (and I know this is based off the PvP spec but I would stray even more from it) and do something similar to this...

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...h=170400040506

I'll admit it's not my favorite but the theory I see behind this is the haste from Icy Talons will make BCB and Necrosis a little more powerful, but I doubt that would make up for the loss of 2h damage, AP, and Crit that you gain from the blood tree by doing a 17/0/54. Now if this was meant for a hybrid PvP and PvE build then I will go ahead and tell you the only spec I see that can do a half way decent hybrid for PvP and PvE is blood. So much regenerative capability as well as burst damage, outside of that I would say stick to spec'ing one way or another.