Poll: Assuming Maximum gear and Maximum skill, what class can dish out the highest dps (pve) as of patch 3

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Highest DPS Class [Poll Inside]

if your going for best dps.... have a look at some PW wws.... its the "best" fight to look at dps because every dps class can go full out nearly straight away and not move

Oxycontin

Except on patch the length of the fight affects overall dps because of heromism uptime

if all class had best gear and best skill they would all be within 1% of each other becaus blizzard said they want all to be competetive so stfu fuggots

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Zerathil
    Who the heck voted Warrior or Mage? xD!
    Mages are stuck at 3k, same with warriors.
    Hunters go up to 4k.
    i have seen arcane mages with 6k+

Quote Originally Posted by Oxycontin
    Except on patch the length of the fight affects overall dps because of heromism uptime

if all class had best gear and best skill they would all be within 1% of each other becaus blizzard said they want all to be competetive so stfu fuggots
    yea this is tru...

Quote Originally Posted by Zerathil
    Who the heck voted Warrior or Mage? xD!
    Mages are stuck at 3k, same with warriors.
    Hunters go up to 4k.
    You are quite wrong there mate. You have no idea what you talking about...

Quote Originally Posted by Systema Sephirothicum
    8k average?is there a ss or wws on that?
    screen shot or it didnt happen
    Banned.

The poll needs to be a little more specific to be useful.

In raids, HUNTERS are usually on top of damage meters, although it depends on the fight and the role they play in a given situation.

In arena, there is no doubt that ROGUES are the most dangerous class. Their damage is high, but even more importantly, you can't get away from them unless you have help.

IMO its surprisingly even. As long as you make good choices about talents and gear, and are a skilled player, you are likely to do well. The key is choosing something you enjoy.

From my experience? DKs are consistantly high both single-target and AoE if they know what they are doing. Survival hunters are always good and ranged DPS is imba. Mages are typically pretty good too. But then again, the people I refer to are also the most skilled/geared DPS we have. I hear alot about geared out fury warriors being insane, but we don't have any =/

Our Shadow Priest is usually up there, with our elemental shaman (who has a 100% monopoly on gear) not far behind, and ret pally a bit below that.

If you are looking to reroll though, I would wait a bit, with 3.1 up and coming. Major content patches tend to stir things up a bit.

Also this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninetales
    screen shot or it didnt happen

15+ Year Old Account

Why care so much about topping the DPS meter..... I mean srsly? I've seen a mage with 6k dps, so what? He couldn't open his eyes on the damn Kel'Thuzad fight and get away of the Fissure... He is prob the first to die. Why should I want someone like this... Everything over 3.5k for decend geared players is good...

So basicaly, its "team work" that wins, not the DPS...

to the above post.....

yes u are correct.... but in ulduar it may need more then 3.5k dps and teamwork to down certain bosses

awww serious??
    25% mage
    21% warrior??

I would have actually said warriors but then again maybe it's just me that is dealing this CRAZY dps ( joke)
    but no I chose druids, because of their moonkins, I think they do crazy dps in good gear
    Anyway, this poll is really surprising me, but it's cool to see what everybody thinks

threads like this are dangerous.

In vanilla wow, this was how they determined which classes needed nerfs/buffs.

Hence why Paladins were only brought for their buffs until 1.9, and after that, they were ONLY brought to heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Lustinus
    Why care so much about topping the DPS meter..... I mean srsly? I've seen a mage with 6k dps, so what? He couldn't open his eyes on the damn Kel'Thuzad fight and get away of the Fissure... He is prob the first to die. Why should I want someone like this... Everything over 3.5k for decend geared players is good...

So basicaly, its "team work" that wins, not the DPS...
    You are right to a degree. But if a DPS isn't trying to produce the most damage they can, then they are failing at their job as a part of that team.

15+ Year Old Account

paladins have 13 votes only?

jeez. i do pretty decent dps in raids. then again it could be my guild isn't geared very well (well i'm not either).

Well if we're talking not just about awesome playes in awesome gear, but PERFECT gear and a PERFECT player (aka perfect rotation) then an Affl lock will be on the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhalseran

If you are looking to reroll though, I would wait a bit, with 3.1 up and coming. Major content patches tend to stir things up a bit.
    You got a point, I think I will wait a while. My main is a priest, although so far as shadow, topping charts is not a problem, I doubt it will stay that way in a few more tiers. Back in BC, shadow priest do pretty well in kara but scaled crap into tier 6/sunwell content.

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

In my guild, a demo warlock is always at or near the top, along with an enhance shaman and a DK. Our best ret Pally also does well. None of our hunters are Survival, we all stayed BM, but I and another one still manage to be in the top 4 on most boss encounters.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Boss Idea of my own, just wanted to see what people would think.

10 man

Boss: Garithus

All players enter an empty room with an invisible floor, soon to find a hooded demon with a companion named Drathon, a felguard/centaur.

Phase 1: Main tank, must pick up Darithus's companion, and DPS must concentrate on him first, off tank, and an interupter (rogue, shaman, etc.) will be on Garithus as he heals his pet every so often(Garithus at this time will not take dmg while his companion is alive, but must still be tanked otherwise he can possibly 2 shot clothies) the tank must have Drathon facing away from the group as he does an AOE cone flame breath, Garithus at this time only casts spells for his damage, and they can be absorbed/reflected.

Phase 2: Garithus enrages, casting only vollies which MUST be interupted, as they hit the raid for 6-8k (shadow, or arcane dmg). Garithus will no longer heal Drathon, but Drathon is now granted 2 new abilities:
    1)Decent: Disappears, for a few seconds respawning and hitting a random player in the party for 2 seconds(clothies can die here as it is physical dmg so dmg mitigation at this point is a must for everyone).
    2)Distort: Causes the entire raid (except for top 2 on aggro on both Garithus and Drathon) to be disoriented for 5 seconds, this cannot be avoided.
    Continue killing Drathon like this till he is dead.

Phase 3: Once Drathon is killed, Garithus is now vulnerable to dmg, but will enrage once more, now casting instant volleys every 10 seconds hitting everyone in the raid for 10-12k dmg. He will also attempt to ressurect his companion which can easily be interupted as it is a 5 second cast, but if not you must start from phase 1.

Phase 4: Once Garithus reached 50% life, he will spawn a random area(forest, desert, mountain) and the group will be phased into there own world. Once in this "world" you will see compies of your raid members but as enemies. You must kill your raid members to proceed.(raid members are Mobs at this point and each raid member will have there own individual set of mobs to kill.) Each player that succecfully kills their 9 other raid member copies will reduce the bosses health by 5%. Once each raid member has killed off the other copies Garithus will lose all his life (50=5x10), respawning you back into the starting room where the fight began and reuniting you with your succecful raid members.

If you guys dont like it its alright i had thought this up one night when i was REALLLLLLLY bored.

assuming a lab-situation where everyone is fully best-in-slot geared and dmgtime on the boss is near to 100%, i think a fury warri is hardly beatable. got one ourselves with 2 betrayers, almost always #1

This thread and poll are completely subjective... Most people don't run a guild with one of each class and spec that are flawless players with amazing computers and internet connections.

That being said, ofc, I must also input my two cents. I would definitely say that from what I've seen of skilled players personally and looking at guild WWS and WMO reports and just browsing around in general, I'd have to say that Fury Warriors right now are generally accepted as the highest DPS on most fights.

We have an amazing fury warrior in our guild who is in 1st place almost every boss in every raid. We also have several other amazing players and ofc we have some people that are decent and some that are kinda meh. We have DKs up at the top as well near the fury warrior. They usually hold their own. We also have a mage who I believe is FFB spec atm and he also keeps up. Then you have the hunter in the mix, I think ours is MM, though he might be surv. We have a couple Affl locks that are getting up there. And ofc myself (elemental shaman).

It really depends on the fight, but I'm always top 3 and the fury warrior is also always top 3. Sometimes I take first, sometimes 2nd, sometimes 3rd. We generally have the aforementioned classes all at about the same DPS with the occasional fight where the fury warrior gets insane RNG love and pulls way ahead of everyone else.

I went with fury warrior in the poll. I'm actually quite surprised at what people are saying... But I think if most guilds had perfect net connections, machines and exceptional players, they'd have to agree that fury was definitely almost always at the top.