Holy paladin gem choices

first i will start with my armory to show you my current selection in gems:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...leria&n=Gnesic

i understand that most paladins say you need ALL int gems seeing as int and a mana pool are important
    but myself i heal 50% of my 10 man naxx, i never really run oom, and my healing is like 15-16k crits holy light and 5-6k crits flash of light
    i was wondering if i should switch my current gems, to int or leave them be and what pros and cons it will hold

all help is very much appreciated thank you
    -gnesic

Re: Holy paladin gem choices

hello,
    i check you armory link, and your stuff isn't bad.
    But your mana pool, is a little bit poor for 25man raid i think.
    I advice you to put only 2 gems : +16 int // +9 spell, +8 int
    i see 2 gem with mp5 on your stuff, it's useless, like the +16 crit

with a full r25 gear, you can put +19spell, or increase haste, but for the moment i think you have to up intel.

According to a lot of discuss on forums, the order of best stat for paladin is :
    Intel > Crit > Haste > Spell power

here, my armory link
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...yjal&n=Dranokk
    full intel is a personnal choice, depending on your gameplay, your role in raid, and the interaction with other healers.

Hope this will help you !

go4int :>

Quote Originally Posted by dranokk
    hello,
    i check you armory link, and your stuff isn't bad.
    But your mana pool, is a little bit poor for 25man raid i think.
    I advice you to put only 2 gems : +16 int // +9 spell, +8 int
    i see 2 gem with mp5 on your stuff, it's useless, like the +16 crit

with a full r25 gear, you can put +19spell, or increase haste, but for the moment i think you have to up intel.

According to a lot of discuss on forums, the order of best stat for paladin is :
    Intel > Crit > Haste > Spell power

Hope this will help you !

yes it did thank you very much dranokk

Your biggest problem is that your Int (and thus your mana pool) is way way too low. You should be striving to hit at least 20k mana if you're planing on doing 25man raids. Right now you're well short of that with just 15k. You're going to OOM a lot on any long or difficult fight and are going to have to weave a bunch of FoLs in to conserve mana. This is bad. A 4k FoL is a pittance when you're healing a geared 40k HP tank.

My suggestions:

- Replace your meta gem. Insightful Earthsiege Diamond beats out the 2% Int one by far.

- Regem everything for +Int. Once you get to 20k or so, it is okay to socket for something else if you want. Crit or SP or some combination of the two is fine. Don't socket mp5. Ever. Obviously, meet your meta requirements though.

- You have three pieces of +Spirit gear. Replacing these should be your top priority. Your belt and neck are especially inexcusable as you don't even have to wait for a drop on these. 40 Hero badges gets you the second best belt in the game (Magroth's Meditative Cincture) and just 25 gets you a damn fine neck (Lattice Choker of Light). 15 or so Heroics and you're set.

- You need to do everything you can to get your 4piece t7 bonus.

- Titansteel anything is crap for Holy Pallies. Never ever pay good money for that nonsense. The problem is that none of them have any Int. To put this in perspective, my helm/feet/weapon gives me 183 Int. Yours gives you none. Titansteel is supposed to be the step between normal instances and heroic ones. But that's such a small step that it's just not worth it. Pretty much any helm, foot or weapon drop that you come across in a heroic will be better than what you have now.

- Your trinkets are okay but they aren't the greatest. We have so much built in casting time reduction now that more haste doesn't really help much. Especially haste that procs randomly. If it was on use and you could hit it on demand, it might be different, but as it stands keep an eye out for more beneficial trinkets. Soul of the Dead is hands down the best in the game for us, followed by Illustration of the Dragon Soul. Forethought Talisman is not too shabby either.

And a couple random notes:

- Gathering professions are for alts. Blacksmith, JC or Alch are your best picks for a Holy Pally.

- Why on earth are you wearing Tabard of the Explorer? You're not exalted yet with any of the four tabarded factions so you should be wearing one of those.

Bottom line, you need to be hitting heroics hard. I'd personally be hesitant to take you on any 25 man run with what you have now. Hope this helps and sorry if I came across harsh at any point, but hey - you asked.

PS:
    Int > Crit/Spellpower > Haste > mp5
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Int > Crit/Spellpower > Haste > mp5... keep that one in mind when u gem and go for gear ! leave the mp5 shit alone..

Int