Prot item level QQ

Has anyone noticed that we have all of 4 items with a 226 rating?

I'm wondering will this change when uldar comes out.

Like, priest and hunters for example have 7+ items (hunters have 9) that have a 226 item level.

I know this might be a minor issue to blizzard, but in reality, I certainly would rather have a 226 item lvl piece of gear over my 213 pieces. And in the end, those class's just down right out gear us on the item level scale.

Now I know some people might say "big deal, quit being a sh*t starter", but why would blizz create item lvl's to scale how good a piece of gear is, then not balance it for other classes?

Not really trying to start a war against other classes, just trying to figure this out.

Re: Prot item level QQ

I hadn't really noticed. To be honest I think tanks are extremely powerful with 213 gear. Also, if more 226 items were available for tanks, Ulduar would be fairly trivial upon its release since it will be pretty much dropping 226 until the last boss (if the pattern persists). If we had a majority of 226 gear entering Ulduar, then either we would be entering with gear on par with the items that drop there already (meaning it wouldn't be a challenge) or the raid would have to be tuned for people in complete 226 gear which would just be a hassle.

Not sure if that makes any sense to other people but it sounds good in my head...

I mean, it doesn't make sense to me at least.

You are saying that tanks are the only real reason raids can be accomplished if they are geared?

So dps is trivial and so are healers?

Walking into naxx with a well geared tank and fighting patchwerk with healers and dps in bad gear would work fine? I will disagree totally with that.
    And I really disagree with saying a tank in 226 gear walking into Uldar will make it "trivial". I don't really understand how you even came up with that statement.
    I won't ever believe the raid lives and dies by the tank's gear. Especially seeing that fights don't follow the pattern of: "Tank takes damage, and no one else does". I could understand it more if the tank was the only person taking damage, and there were no enrage timers. You could stack healers and not worry with their gear, nor would you have to worry about your crappy geared dps, because with no enrage timer, you'd have 20 minutes if you needed it.

I guess that's one thing that struck me odd, is the fact that certain class's can out gear others.

And how is making a thread thread here will do any good? There are many things in the game currently that are not how players want... Take is as part of the challenge. for example there are no 2h tanking weapons for DK unless s/he is a blacksmith.

Patience is a virtue.

Quote Originally Posted by the_dynamite
    And how is making a thread thread here will do any good?
    Not sure what you mean by that.

Were you thinking I was posting this for blizzard to respond? lol

I post here for input from others. Yeah, some are going to flame every post that is posted here and its intent (because they get enjoyment from just flaming), but some people actually come here and read post and really try to discuss things more than reading 1 line and posting another one liner. (not saying you do that, but just trying to show why I posted this here)

I wasn't insinuating that tanks are the only reason raids can be accomplished. I'm just throwing out ideas of why it could be. However, from my experience, I do think that if the tanks are overgeared for an instance/raid, it does make the encounter trivial. Overgeared dps can't make up for a poorly geared tank, and overgeared healers can't always make up for an undergeared tank.

Again, this is all from my own personal experience, but I have had horribly geared healers that I've been able to compensate for with avoidance and mitigation, as well as dps that have had the brain capacity of a broomstick. The run may not have been as fast as it could possibly be, but it was still trivial.

Doesn't answer the initial question however. I don't want to steer the conversation somewhere where it wasn't intended; just stating my experience and where I was coming from.

Another theory of why there may be more 226 items for physical dps (hunters as stated in the OP) and casters, is because perhaps higher dps will play more of a factor in the Ulduar raids. They said initially that Ulduar was mostly finished a while back. Maybe they planned the fights to require high dps, and therefore need to get dps on a better footing for those encounters.

Stood in the Fire DaveTheHunter's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

I'm less concerned with the item level and more with the fact that tanking trinkets currently in game are god awful for the most part, regardless of item level.

I demand better trinkets!!!

Quote Originally Posted by the_dynamite
    And how is making a thread thread here will do any good? There are many things in the game currently that are not how players want... Take is as part of the challenge. for example there are no 2h tanking weapons for DK unless s/he is a blacksmith.

Patience is a virtue.

And what weapon would that be? To my knowledge there are no 2h tank weapons at all, short of a couple quest greens that have parry on them etc. If you are talking about the 2 weapons that were talked about for patch 3.08, those were never put into live.

Artwork Credit: Rayde of MMO Champion.

Quote Originally Posted by lumenos
    I'm less concerned with the item level and more with the fact that tanking trinkets currently in game are god awful for the most part, regardless of item level.

QFT

Quote Originally Posted by lumenos

Some of the tanking trinkets are insanely good, they just aren't necessarily all the ones with high ilvl

e.g.

Defenders code = insanely good (Even if not ridiculiously OP like it was originally due to armor scaling changes)
    Monarch Crab = JC only but soo good it's ridiculious that it's a blue. If current content wasn't soo easy, I'd say all tanks must be JC just so they could get this
    Essence of Gossimer = insanely good
    Repelling Charge = Very good

Apart from the JC only one, all are pretty easy to get. I think that where people have a misconception on trinkets, is that because Essence of Gossimer / Monarch Crab (And even Alchemists Stone) are all soo ridiculiously good but only blue, they expect the epic trinkets to somehow be better...

The failing is simply that the blue trinkets are over budgeted for how good they are, JC one in particular by adding 2x gemslots and a good /use