Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: What's this about Ret being lowest dps @ max geared/buffed/skilled raid?

Not even going to bother reading this crap...ret is easy mode in pve and pvp OP in both

Ret is relatively average for single-target tank and spanks. While we're a support class, I feel there's one other reason.
    Ret pallies really shine when you throw some AoE into the mix. With enough aoe spread around, the only thing that should even be competitive with a ret in raw DPS is an unholy DK. Maybe a frost one as well, but we rarely ever raid with one of them so I've never really seen one in action.

Quote Originally Posted by Varaben
    I know its the best fight we have, but like i said, the only time you could truly test dps would be on a 10 minute long patchwerk or something. 2 minutes is REALLY not anywhere near enough time to see real dps. Mages are rocking patchwerk because they have unlimited mana for 2 minutes. It misrepresents "dps." Their dps will fall a lot lower over a 10 minute fight. PAladins dont really have a way to dump all their mana and get full dps out of it like mages. So if a mage does better than a paladin it doesnt mean anything. Its just one example, but warlocks, like i said, can do the same thing. They can use gimicks or just the fact that its shorter to their advantage where paladins cannot.
    even the one example you use is only true for arcane mages. ffb mages dont go oom, ever, thats why you will see them pump out constant DPS.

High DPS on short patch kills in ALMOST every case has nothing to do with specific class mechanics (one exception being a doom guard. and warriors with omega cooldowns). The reason a 2-3 minute kill is warped is because of such a high % spent under heroism, and trinket procs. Thats it.

Yes, fast kills warp DPS. Yes, Patchwerk is fast. But dont say its no good at all for analytical purposes, EVERY class is still doing crazy DPS on patchwerk, so its still a good fight to compare class mechanics, IN a zerker environment, where skills accounts for almost nothing. The only other fight remotely like it is Instructor, because other then the MC'ing priests, you just DPS. But even then, ele shammans can spam chain lightning and do 8k DPS. Nothing comes close to being able to analyze class balance as Patchwerk, so dont criticize people who do. Its better then having no standard at all.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Draenor&n=Kulltiras

Quote Originally Posted by larry botter
    Not even going to bother reading this crap...ret is easy mode in pve and pvp OP in both
    So why post CLOWN.
    "I hate to break it to you, but WoW is more than a minigame played in the same 3 rooms over and over."