Holy: Heroic Ready

How much SP, Crit, and Mana do I need to start healing Heroics?
    (80) - (80)
    Proud Member of the MMO-Champion Community
    - Embrace Your Inner Geek - Gameplay First - Every Voice Matters - Learn & Grow -
    - Lead Responsibly - Commit To Quality - Play Nice, Play Fair - Think Globally -

Re: Holy: Heroic Ready

1200 SP i'd say, but it really comes more down to the tank than you.
    Ok im new to hotkeying so im most likely doing something wrong.

I can hotkey alt to anything but the function keys. I can do alt+f1, f2, f3 but when i get to f4 it crashes my game EVERY TIME! Its annoying because I have to reset all my hotkeys cuz a game crash doesnt save them. Please fix soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Mutin
    1200 SP i'd say, but it really comes more down to the tank than you.
    Well I'm a Prot Warrior with 30k hp.

Im asking for my wife.

She's leveling her Holy Paladin and I'm trying to gauge what she needs to hit before she can tackle heroics.
    (80) - (80)
    - Embrace Your Inner Geek - Gameplay First - Every Voice Matters - Learn & Grow -
    - Lead Responsibly - Commit To Quality - Play Nice, Play Fair - Think Globally -

lets say 1200 sp is easy enough but then u have to look at your def and all that.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life. My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

Quote Originally Posted by deeveeus
    lets say 1200 sp is easy enough but then u have to look at your def and all that.
    Me? I'm Defense capped. I Tank 10 and 25 man Naxx. I dont need any gear

She's level 77 at the moment. 1075 SP, 25% Crit, and 14.8k Mana. Trying to judge what she needs to start Heroics when she dings 80.
    (80) - (80)

make to sure 1500 sp, 20% spell crit, that hard lol -_-

Id get the BS mace and mabye the tailoring cloak and she should be fine really, I healed just fine in my lvl70 gear once i dinged 80.

Hmm, im not sure where I started personaly, but anywhere in the 1500-1750sp range and 20-25% crit would be fine, mana is a different issue, prolly 15-16k?

Mana is harder to "tell" someone this is a good point, as long as you're not ooming mid fight you're in good shape imo

with a decent tank with half-way decent gear you can generally do most instances. A few of the AOE heavy ones might be an issue, but once you get rep + gear and do those.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmageddonX
    Well I'm a Prot Warrior with 30k hp.

Im asking for my wife.

She's leveling her Holy Paladin and I'm trying to gauge what she needs to hit before she can tackle heroics.
    Well you seem like a good tank, so i would say 1200 SP is enough. Just start out with the easy ones, espescially nexus which offers the best weapon she can get pre-naxx.
    Ok im new to hotkeying so im most likely doing something wrong.

I can hotkey alt to anything but the function keys. I can do alt+f1, f2, f3 but when i get to f4 it crashes my game EVERY TIME! Its annoying because I have to reset all my hotkeys cuz a game crash doesnt save them. Please fix soon!

When you ding 80 you can start heroics.

They're designed to be very entry level and easy to do. Especially if you're decently geared her job should be pretty easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    When you ding 80 you can start heroics.

They're designed to be very entry level and easy to do. Especially if you're decently geared her job should be pretty easy.
    this, if you know the fights and have a full group of 5, all heroics are cake. they will just take longer with worse gear
    Love, zalgoes/cryless/crymoar

Quote Originally Posted by DTJ
    Hmm, im not sure where I started personaly, but anywhere in the 1500-1750sp range and 20-25% crit would be fine, mana is a different issue, prolly 15-16k?

Mana is harder to "tell" someone this is a good point, as long as you're not ooming mid fight you're in good shape imo
    1500-1750 for heroics?? Especially considering that she'd have a well geared tank - I'd say ding 80 and have at least SP gear in all slots that you got from leveling / instances while leveling and you'll be fine. When I dinged 80 I was in my level 70 gear with 1380 SP, and grouped with other freshly dinged people and most heroics were a piece of cake.

did all heroics in 1 day right as I hit 80, its peasy

As long as you pick holy gear from quest rewards while you lvl the second you ding 80 you can heal 10 man naxx.

As long as you get 2-3 itmes from 10 man naxx the second you are done in 10 man naxx you can go 25 man naxx.

Unless you are going for the harder achievments then you can prob heal heroics naked, tho it would prob be quite slow.

It doesn't really matter imo, as soon as I dinged 80 i jumped right into heroics. Had no problems. In other words, if you're good at your class, you won't have a problem. Gear will just simply make it less intense for you.

I speak from recent experience as I just hit level 80 last night and have ran every heroic except AN, OC and OK.

They are not bad, there is only one place I had trouble with...DTK raptor boss. Had to sub out our tank for one that wouldn't get two shotted :P

Loken is not near as bad as I expected, one shotted him. Just beaconed the tank and went to town on everyone else, if you have > 11k health just take the damn nova, makes it easier, plus the tank gets those heals when you burst yourself back up (spells cant crit, its solid dmg, then again I had a hunter in group).

But I started the night with 1.2k sp, ended with 1.7k, upgrade city :P

1000+SP will make your hc truly HC, however you will be able to complete it. As for Crit and haste, its does not really matter, because it mainly scales with SP.

I just started healing 5 mans on a pally as well, i'd have to say it's hard to not have enough SP unless she's in gear from Borean Tundra. With downranking gone, i have a hard time not massively overhealing on Holy Lights.

Mana & crit are probably the two stats to focus on.