Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Heigan down in 42 minutes...

Our guilds dk tank, pally healer and hunter 3 manned 25m Heigan down from ~25%, was fun seeing 20 people going afk back for loot. :P
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Quote Originally Posted by heeps
    i can't decide if that's worse than always having ONE person fail every week.
    it probably is.
    in no way is it as bad as this. every week we go for undying and leave plague till last. this week we had 0 deaths, then halfway thru heigen 3ppl in our 10 man raid (all ppl at same internet cafe, 1 of the healers) get Dced for 5 mins. As the only remaining healer I (along with a ret pally and boomkin) tried to heal them but the effort was futile, so we must wait another week :P.
    Undead Deathknights are like Night Elf hunters called Legalas. I want to cry every time i see one.

Quote Originally Posted by Raige
    not for non druids that have tanks that wont keep heigan out of range. god i hate that aura. greater heal takes like 8 seconds when its up
    It really isn't just the tanks job to keep the range.
    And seriously as a shaman i can keep the tank up with ES and riptide. Nothing else. So i don't see how you can'y with shield and renew.

Fuck heigan is easier healing then BWL at 80.

Quote Originally Posted by kailtas
    42 min is 1/3 - 2/4 of a naxx run to hardcore guilds with speed runs
    2/4's eh?

Some people do run with terrible framerates and horrible lag. Hell one of our best healers right now, a druid healer, is constantly at 6fps, and one of our main ret paladins was running at about the same frame rate the other week and neither of them ever die to stupid things like the splashes on Heigan or shadow fissures and fire walls in Sarth 3D. Lag's not really an excuse, but I can understand if someone's just not used to the lag they are suddenly experiencing.

Regardless, if it takes that long for you to down Heigan, I'd recommend wiping it up and starting over. Your people who can't dance wont learn otherwise and chances are heigan will die quicker if you just wipe it and try it again with more people alive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Most ppl in our guild have cracked it now but we took 15mins the first time he died since it was only 4 people alive. It is still a favourite fight of mine tho simple because we took a new guildy to the fight and asked if he knew what to do, he replied yes. Of course the raid leader said "ok guys lets dance" and the new guy actually /dance. Surfice to say he died and so did the entire raid since we just started pissing ourselves with laughter and forgot to play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne
    Some people do run with terrible framerates and horrible lag. Hell one of our best healers right now, a druid healer, is constantly at 6fps, and one of our main ret paladins was running at about the same frame rate the other week and neither of them ever die to stupid things like the splashes on Heigan or shadow fissures and fire walls in Sarth 3D. Lag's not really an excuse, but I can understand if someone's just not used to the lag they are suddenly experiencing.

Regardless, if it takes that long for you to down Heigan, I'd recommend wiping it up and starting over. Your people who can't dance wont learn otherwise and chances are heigan will die quicker if you just wipe it and try it again with more people alive.
    SIX FPS? thats LUSH to my standards... im on avarage 3-4 fps in any 25 man raid setup
    Its not at all an excuse!! cmon if you know where to stand , its still exactly the same movment...

Quote Originally Posted by DG
    Most ppl in our guild have cracked it now but we took 15mins the first time he died since it was only 4 people alive. It is still a favourite fight of mine tho simple because we took a new guildy to the fight and asked if he knew what to do, he replied yes. Of course the raid leader said "ok guys lets dance" and the new guy actually /dance. Surfice to say he died and so did the entire raid since we just started pissing ourselves with laughter and forgot to play the game.
    I love people that pretend they know what they're doing when they actually don't. Is your ego so big you can't admit you don't know something about the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Dukamok
    2/4's eh?
    1/2 eh?

15+ Year Old Account

The hardest part about heigan is probaply his disease, hm?

Quote Originally Posted by nevermore
    To be a bit more on-topic: you just wasted almost an hour of your life. Should've just wiped.
    Who are you to decide if he wasted time or not? If he enjoyed the fight, was proud of it, and got a nice mace reward, then i don't see how it's wasted. If having fun AND getting a reward is a waste of time, then i think a lot of us here, including you, have wasted far more time than just a couple of hours in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Neldarie
    1/2 eh?
    Math are hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Umchilli View Post
    Judging by your time played, I'm not sure you know what outside looks like, let alone school :P

15+ Year Old Account

You could be like me. I take the time during the dance to tea-bag anyone who died to it. And I just laugh over vent...I dunno why they call me a dick.

We get The Safety Dance pretty much ever week, heh.

But good to see some guilds is still to shit to do easy content

This boss needs an enrage timer... set to 15 minutes or something.

it's - dkp if we wipe so it goes much better then.. I am honest

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Kulltiras
    my guild got the safety dance achieve on 10 and 25 man the first week we did naxx...not because we were pro dancers, but because one of our members discovered a safe spot right in the middle of the room. We all stood in a pile and were immune to the poison waves. This particular safe spot was not fixed until the last week of january. First week we actually had to dance, took us 4 tries to kill him. we were kind of embarrassed
    All those achievements should have been RESET once this godawful bug was fixed. I would even go as far as removing all gear from Heigan, Loatheb and the 2 end bosses for everyone that was found doing this exploit together with a 3 day ban and a special Achievement "Cheated his way because he is a movement dyslexic" which should always be the very first one when comparing achievements....

Quote Originally Posted by Wurfab
    how dumb must people be not to get the dance done?
    4 positions, 1 right to the podest, 2 on the right half of the podest, 3 on the left half of the podest , 4 left to the podest

how hard is it to just keep running straight through the room 2,5 times? my mind doesnt get it...
    When my guild was learning how to do this, I would say, look at the people who died, laugh at them, and use that as a reminder for the positions.

But a tip, 4-3, and 1-2, are NOT as big of a movement, probably why people fuck it up.

Quote Originally Posted by pillowpants
    Math are hard.
    English are hard too, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by kesten
    English are hard too, apparently.
    Pretty sure he was being sarcastic.