Glyph of Desecration

No one takes Desecration anymore for PvE DPS.  With Glyph of SS, it becomes a rare occurrence for Desecration to be up for any significant period of time.

Idea:

Glyph of Desecration
    Minor Glyph
    Classes: Death Knight
    Requires Level 70
    Use: Your Scourge Strike has a chance equal to the chance of your Plauge Strikes to cause the Desecration effect, but your Desecration no longer slows enemies.

This is along the lines of the Thunderstorm and Blast Wave Glyphs, I believe.  It makes the Talent viable for PvE while eliminating its main PvP usefulness.

Hopefully this would give Unholy DPS more variability with their talent points. &#160;Plus, <3 the graphic.

Re: Glyph of Desecration

Bump.

Also, if anyone likes the idea, post it on the real forums. My account is down at the moment.

Hell no, we don't need 2h Unholy DPS be balanced around skipping raid support and having that hell of annoying ground effect. Not every talent needs a place in every PvE spec and this is definitely the talent I enjoy skipping in PvE.

Cool, it'd get it
    Quote Originally Posted by General_Typhus View Post
    Hi i am any class in the game. To beat me spam icelance and then talk about how skilled you are when the 20k crits roll in.

Quote Originally Posted by GT4
    Hell no, we don't need 2h Unholy DPS be balanced around skipping raid support and having that hell of annoying ground effect.
    Skipping raid support? You would only need 2-3 points in Desecration to get a decent up-time with this Glyph. You could still grab Unholy Aura if you skipped Wandering Plague completely (5% damage >>> Wandering Plauge).

The other DK trees have to choose between raid support and personal DPS. Why not Unholy also? There wouldn't need to be any additional 'balancing.' This would just be a nice Glyph addition, especially if you have multiple Unholy DK in one raid.

You only need one Unholy Aura anyway.

And if you don't like the graphic, turn down your spell effects. Yes it can cover boss ground effects. Yes that should be fixed. No, that doesn't make this a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by GT4
    Not every talent needs a place in every PvE spec and this is definitely the talent I enjoy skipping in PvE.
    You could still skip it, you know.

On the issue of the spell effects, it's not just you. Everyone else would need to as well, lol...

Quote Originally Posted by superflystud
    (5% damage >>> Wandering Plauge).
    Basic Math:

5% damage over an encounter where you do 1 million damage:
    50000 damage

Chance equal to crit chance to do double damage on disease:
    Given that diseases take up about 6% of overall damage each.
    1 million-->6%-->60000 damage from diseases.

Given 250 ticks of these diseases (low estimate), that's 240 ticks.

Given an average crit chance in raids of 40% (there are more with a ton higher).

96 of these will generate additional hits, so that's a total of 240+96 ticks, so 336 ticks at 250 per tick gives 84336 damage.

So the assumption that 5% damage is better than Wandering Plague, sure.

However, Desecration's uptime, even with that proposed glyph, will be sub-par to the return of the previous statement with low estimates. Up the damage from diseases by % of total by merely 1% and you have a return of an additional 28000 from WP as opposed to 24336 from the original estimate.

I, for one, would prefer a glyph that would replace another in terms of straight damage boosting capabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Biral
    Basic Math:

5% damage over an encounter where you do 1 million damage:
    50000 damage

Chance equal to crit chance to do double damage on disease:
    Given that diseases take up about 6% of overall damage each.
    1 million-->6%-->60000 damage from diseases.

Given 250 ticks of these diseases (low estimate), that's 240 ticks.
    Assuming 60000 disease damage w/out Wandering Plague and a whopping 60% crit chance. &#160;You don't really need to model the number of ticks. &#160;Just use crit chance as a flat coefficient for damage.

60000 * (0.4 + 2 * 0.6) = 96000

That is a 60% increase in disease damage, and a total of 36000 more damage.

However, consider that your 60000 was likely found with Wandering Plague already applied in some form. &#160;60000 is 62.5% of 96000, so with 60000 being our new 'with Wandering Plague' number, we can find the actual increase.

60000 * 0.625 = 37500 w/o Wandering Plague, or a 22500 damage increase.

The whole point of the Glyph is to increase the uptime. &#160;The average uptime should be greater than 75%.

50000 * 0.75 = 37500 damage

How about a glyph that removed the + damage and/or slow component of Desecration and instead made it do AoE damage or something like that.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile
    How about a glyph that removed the + damage and/or slow component of Desecration and instead made it do AoE damage or something like that.
    No sir. The Desecration effect is unique and makes players make a 'good choice' whether they need it to do a specific job in PvE or PvP.

You want a constant AoE effect into a rotation -- Roll a Ret Paladin.
    "A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him."

Everything else aside, this would not be a minor glyph, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Fendel
    No sir. The Desecration effect is unique and makes players make a 'good choice' whether they need it to do a specific job in PvE or PvP.

You want a constant AoE effect into a rotation -- Roll a Ret Paladin.
    That's why glyphs are optional.

And unholy has constant AoE, look up Unholy Blight.&#160; Ret pallies AoE is more bursty, no Ret pally in their right mind will use concencrate every single CD or they will OOM fast, and Divine Storm is every 10 seconds up to FOUR targets.

As it stands Desecration is almost useless for a PVE spec, if it had a more constant damage it would be more useful.&#160; So i would say the glyph removed the SLOW off it, and added a dot instead.&#160; The reason i suggested removing the +5% damage would be so that the dots damage could be higher, but they could keep the 5% and just add a weaker dot rather than the slow.

Oh, and i have a ret paladin.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

I gotta say that this is such an innovative and interesting idea. Anything that gives more versatility to a class and spec (which is what i thought glyphs were for) is always a good idea.

To Keile:

If you seriously think you don't have to keep consecrate in your rotation as a Ret Paladin...and that you have one...you are not up to speed on how to play. I also play a Ret Paladin for raids (Name: Fendel // Realm: Earthen Ring) and watching my mana pool is a concern on some fights, it's never from keeping consecrate up.

I wouldn't say Desecration is useless for PvE, perhaps a two-hander build, but perhaps 3 points in a DW build wouldn't be bad -- it would be up enough to make a difference.
    "A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him."

I would love this, we have 2 raiding DK's in the guild, one of them is me, and we have one full unholy without desecration, and the other DK (me) is DWing frost/unholy with 5/5 in desecration. Since im constently reusing plague strike, might as well get it, as though a unholy DK which rarely uses desecration would not need the talent.

Doing 5% extra dmg raid wide is really helpfull. The point of really getting talents like this is that every class needs something to buff up the raid with, not just yourself.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Frostwolf&n=T%C3%ACck

Quote Originally Posted by shalerson
    Everything else aside, this would not be a minor glyph, lol.
    This is meant to be the Unholy DK equivalent to the Thunderstorm Glyph and the Blast Wave Glyph. Admittedly, it is a bit more powerful, but not to the point of ridiculousness.

Both of those Glyphs are Minor glyphs.

I'm glad I got some positive response to this. Seriously, any who see this as a good idea should post it on the official site for me!

To Tick: The 5% damage bonus is only for yourself. Sadly, raid-wide would be OP. Though, for only a 5% increase (and 5 talent points) it is fairly far down the tree.

Quote Originally Posted by superflystud
    To Tick: The 5% damage bonus is only for yourself. Sadly, raid-wide would be OP. Though, for only a 5% increase (and 5 talent points) it is fairly far down the tree.
    Ah thanks I had no idea.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Frostwolf&n=T%C3%ACck

It's a good idea... HOWEVER...

Blizzard has stated MULTIPLE times that they're not happy that people are avoiding Plague Strike, so this isn't happening anytime soon, sorry to say :P

15+ Year Old Account

Doesn't matter anymore. You're taking Unholy Aura, guaranfuckingteed now. No more raid-wide runspeed, hello faster rune regeneration. Goodbye every other spec.

Until it gets nerfed in less than a week.