Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Prot Paladin 3.1 Nerfs

Quote Originally Posted by Offhand
    Granted, if you're talking about a nerf to threat and not using the optimal threat rotation, you fail.
    So your saying you stick to the 696 rotation every fight and its the only way to hold threat?

Quote Originally Posted by Damiun
    So your saying you stick to the 696 rotation every fight and its the only way to hold threat?
    What's your alternative? I can prove it isn't as efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by facer
    Since you dont need 5/5 reckoning i do take 3/5 because it will still
    proc mostly all the time and will give you a good boost with a Slow
    high dps weapon like Broken Promise from 4Horse man in Naxx HC..
    Reckoning is actually better with a fast weapon as it only lasts 10 seconds and you're much more likely to use all 4 charges with something like Last Laugh/Slayer of the Lifeless etc.

Reckoning is actually better with a fast weapon as it only lasts 10 seconds and you're much more likely to use all 4 charges with something like Last Laugh/Slayer of the Lifeless etc.
    Thats why i dont take 5/5 but 2/5 or 3/5 to not loose it but just have it as a boost :>

I fail because I don't play to your style? Whatever, believe what you want, have no problems holding aggro with one or two points into said talent and I could honestly care less what you believe. But I wont sit there with my nose in the air telling ppl they fail/suck or whatever the elitist folks who play this game like to do.

True, but reckoning isn't very good in it's current form. Personally I take imp HoJ as there's nothing else worth taking at that level to get further down the tree. :

I fail because I don't play to your style? Whatever, believe what you want, have no problems holding aggro with one or two points into said talent and I could honestly care less what you believe. But I wont sit there with my nose in the air telling ppl they fail/suck or whatever the elitist folks who play this game like to do.
    I can't say you suck because I've never actually seen you play. I can tell you that there's room for improvement.

EDIT: Scratch that. Your armory shows you've never stepped into a 25 man beyond the plague quarter and haven't even seen KT 10 man. Shush while the adults are talking.

I can't say you suck because I've never actually seen you play. I can tell you that there's room for improvement.

EDIT: Scratch that. Your armory shows you've never stepped into a 25 man beyond the plague quarter and haven't even seen KT 10 man. Shush while the adults are talking.
    Says the elitist jerk... nuf said. Excuse me if i have bigger priorities than raiding. I don't have to prove crap to you.

Quote Originally Posted by ViLeBiO
    You missed the part where in PvP people should attack you. Why kind of logic is it that you shouldn't be attacked?
    Prot specs should always be killed last in PvP.

Says the elitist jerk... nuf said. Excuse me if i have bigger priorities than raiding. I don't have to prove crap to you.
    Don't talk about threat gen if you've never seen Malygoes. The only fight where threat even comes into play.

Os25 3drake and Os10 3 drakes, the first drake tank, needs to focus on threat as well.

And if your going to come here, and spew crap about how you feel you can lol hold threat blah blah with a suboptimal setup... : /

your dps' sucks balls optimize your stuff, so you don't spend 4 months tryin to CLEAR ULDUAR because im certain your raiders have better things to prioritize then carrying you. Just sayin.

Don't talk about threat gen if you've never seen Malygoes. The only fight where threat even comes into play.
    HoSalv. FTW :P
    Hunters with 8K dps always seem to need it

If you're heaving threat problems get the hand enchant: +2% Threat & 10 parry rating
    Help a little imo

I have never used the 969 rotation... ever. I did just fine in BC. And perfectly fine in Wrath. "OMG YOU NO TOUCH 25 /LOL, YOU IS NO HAVE PLAYED CLASS!!!" Guess what, I have not been in 25man Naxx nor have I completed 10man Naxx. But I have yet to have a dps pull off of me unless it is a warrior who bladestorms to start the pull or a full T7.5 Hunter. And I have pugged with T7.5 geared Mages, Loc's, and DK's. Skill will ALWAYS> Gear. Why dont we stop being "Elitist" and go back to your 3drakes or something, cause tbh... no one really cares what you ahve to say =/.

Now back on topic. Chronalis, your video is making Prot PvP look extremely viable and Mana efficient. I hope to many things don't change and suddenly we are back to where we are currently.

Quote Originally Posted by spitfire668
    I have never used the 969 rotation... ever. I did just fine in BC.
    Just quoting that because it's all kinds of funny.

Quote Originally Posted by spitfire668
    I have never used the 969 rotation... ever. I did just fine in BC. And perfectly fine in Wrath. "OMG YOU NO TOUCH 25 /LOL, YOU IS NO HAVE PLAYED CLASS!!!" Guess what, I have not been in 25man Naxx nor have I completed 10man Naxx. But I have yet to have a dps pull off of me unless it is a warrior who bladestorms to start the pull or a full T7.5 Hunter. And I have pugged with T7.5 geared Mages, Loc's, and DK's. Skill will ALWAYS> Gear. Why dont we stop being "Elitist" and go back to your 3drakes or something, cause tbh... no one really cares what you ahve to say =/.

Now back on topic. Chronalis, your video is making Prot PvP look extremely viable and Mana efficient. I hope to many things don't change and suddenly we are back to where we are currently.

Bragging about never having a dps pull aggro, while playing at the level where a kindergardener could produce enough threat, is pretty silly.

I understand your ease of holding aggro. I was in that content at that level (months ago) and crushed the threat meters, too. Fact remains, that as the content gets harder, you will be forced to produce more threat (if you chose to run that content). Someone gave you a simple suggestion of how to drastically improve threat generation, and you threw a temper tantrum. You are the one looking silly here. Noone is looking elitist, in the slightest. There is rational and silly so far in this thread.

Also, I'm gonna have to modify your comparitive statement. You said, Skill will ALWAYS> Gear. I say, Knowledge > Skill > Gear. If you have half a brain, you know 969 is the optimal threat rotation. If you have half a brain, you understand why optimal threat rotations are worth using. If you have half a brain, you use 969.

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatheed
    Someone gave you a simple suggestion of how to drastically improve threat generation, and you threw a temper tantrum. You are the one looking silly here. Noone is looking elitist, in the slightest. There is rational and silly so far in this thread.

Also, I'm gonna have to modify your comparitive statement. You said, Skill will ALWAYS> Gear. I say, Knowledge > Skill > Gear. If you have half a brain, you know 969 is the optimal threat rotation. If you have half a brain, you understand why optimal threat rotations are worth using. If you have half a brain, you use 969.
    Actually quite a few people decided to say anyone not using the 969 rotation is an idiot(yourself included). Fact of the matter is, while it is optimal, it is not the end all be all. I was simply stating that. I threw no temper tantrum. I am just tired of people who seem to think there is 1 way to ever play a single spec. Short answer to that is, no no there isn't. There is an "Optimal" way, but that does not make it the only way and in no way does it mean each and every person who chooses to go prot MUST choose to play the exact same way.

Malygos is hard? 6 min malygos sure.

So what you're saying is 969 are the only buttons you can push ever? That's kind of ignorant. 969 is the "perfect" rotation, and I use it all the time. That said I fall in and out of it depending on whats going on around me and the raid.

All that said there are no significant nerfs to paladin threat with these changes. Anything that was removed has been rolled into the base ability. If anything it opens up the ability to go deeper into ret to grab some more useful threat talents. Conviction and Crusade for example. Just don't say SotP > Crusade. 3% across all our highest damage attacks is greater than the lowest damage from seals and judgement.

ya you can't really keep the 969 rotation up all the time cus anything can happen and it can throw you off. I do agree that it is the best for alligning cooldown but i don't agree that it is the best and you should always use it no questions asked.

Quote Originally Posted by sithy
    Malygos is hard? 6 min malygos sure.

So what you're saying is 969 are the only buttons you can push ever? That's kind of ignorant. 969 is the "perfect" rotation, and I use it all the time. That said I fall in and out of it depending on whats going on around me and the raid.

All that said there are no significant nerfs to paladin threat with these changes. Anything that was removed has been rolled into the base ability. If anything it opens up the ability to go deeper into ret to grab some more useful threat talents. Conviction and Crusade for example. Just don't say SotP > Crusade. 3% across all our highest damage attacks is greater than the lowest damage from seals and judgement.
    Never said Malygoes was hard. I did imply that threat was more important when the rest of your group has 2-3 sparks and you're running around with just your self buffs.

Like I said earlier, if anyone is worried about threat generation and doesn't use 96969, there are ways you can improve yourself before bitching to Blizzard about a nerf in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by FurioRing
    Did anyone catch the change to the talent calculator?

Argent Defender now requires 5/5 Reckoning. I am praying this is a mistake from whomever did the calculator update, but I doubt it.
    This is an error it doesnt require reckoning

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    Wow, the claws are out tonight. Guys just drop it. It's getting as bad as the clicker vs binder arguement. As for using 969, it's really not important. I personally use a "When it's ready" rotation, but save cd's that provide a benefit and use them when needed. I can switch to 969 when needed though, but i usually choose to stick with the rotation that allows me to keep an eye on the proverbial fire.
    Saying using the 969 rotation isn't important is like telling a rogue that dps isn't important.

The roles of a tank, 1 survive, 2 hold threat.

The balancing act of a tank is doing 2 well enough while maximizing 1. If you use an optimal threat rotation, you will produce more threat than someone who does not. If you use an optimal threat rotation, you may be able to wear more defensive oriented gear, with fewer threat stats, than the tank who does not use optimal threat rotations.

So, by using an optimal threat rotation, you allow yourself GREATER FLEXIBILITY in your gearing choices, button presses (because when something DOES hit the fan, your threat will be less of an issue, allowing GCD's to be used for HoSalv, reblessings, etc.etc.) and playstyle.

Yes, the name calling is a bit over the top, but this is a simple concept, and horrid ignorance usually annoys me to no end.