Thread: DW 3.1

DW 3.1

Before I just lose my mind and set the forums ablaze at Blizz, has anyone had a chance to try out DW on PTR. I'm still at work so I can't but I'm somewhere between furious and enraged with the fact they opted to murder one of the most fun and difficult to gear for specs. Every DK that went DW will have to regear back to 2hnder and 2hnder stats thanks to the Nerf Bat rape the spec got.

Thanks for any input.

Vile

Re: DW 3.1

1) There are at least 4 threads on the first page about DW in 3.1...

2) What is the big difference in DW dps and 2h dps as far as gear is concerned? You drop some big +hit items/gems and get more AP/Str whats the problem?

"one of the most fun and difficult to gear for specs."

I lol'd IRL as I read that

Quote Originally Posted by Nye
    "one of the most fun and difficult to gear for specs."

I lol'd IRL as I read that
    Actually, it is kind of hard in the beginning to find enough hit for DW. And I mean decent hit like 400, not 260 shithit.
    Also, the good hit items like Frozen Pain etc come from the "hardest" bosses ingame currently e.g. Sapphiron.

I did not have that problem since I'm in a good guild but yeah, I can imagine it's harder for other people. It's at the very least, harder than to gear for Blood or 17/0/54.

Quote Originally Posted by Gomexus
    There are no viable DW options left to discover.

Every single ability we have now will do the same or LESS damage using 2x 1h weapons, as long as AP/Crit stay the same.

There is nothing to theorycraft...nothing to waste gold on...just reading the abilities is enough.

There is nothing left that an OH weapon will bring to the table that can offset the losses from weapon damage based abilities.

Currently in 3.0.9 the OH weapon brings Necrosis damage and BCB damage...both of which it will not bring if patch notes go live in current form.

HB was a bread and butter ability for DW because coupled with IT and DC it was the third non-weapon based attack that DW needed. Speccing for HB now means no Impurity which will hurt all of our abilities that are not weapon damage based. Picking up HB also means either accepting or passing up FS. If accepted FS is weapon damage based and would be better used by a 2h weapon...if passed up you aer using a sub-par DC for RP dumps...

Again...nothing we have does more damage with DW...and most of the things we have that helped DW have been nerfed to be useless for DW.

If someone pulls a competitive dps DW build out I will be very surprised...as will Blizzard I am willing to bet.
    all hail king frost strike