Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Paladin Retri Spec Patch 3.1.0 ?

Quote Originally Posted by reparks
    Alittle confused about the points in seals of the pure. Ret paladins use Seal of Blood / Seal of the Martyr or Seal of Command. Only reason I see to use Seal of Corruption / Seal of Vengeance is vs rogue / druid in PvP maybe.
    Oops, for some reason I had it in my mind that it affected Blood / Martyr instead of Corruption... Hmm, even more points to waste...

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    it'd be nice if we maybe got a talent to cut the recoil on blood/martyr, even though it isn't as bad as i thought it was before (just used it last night in naxx) but i still think eventually it will be painful.
    I think there should always be a penalty associated with Blood/Martyr. Maybe cap the damage received at 20% of your maximum health (or whatever % is fair). In normal situations there would be no change, but in fights with inflated damage (thad/maly) we'd be safe using Blood/Martyr.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by b37x
    I think there should always be a penalty associated with Blood/Martyr. Maybe cap the damage received at 20% of your maximum health (or whatever % is fair). In normal situations there would be no change, but in fights with inflated damage (thad/maly) we'd be safe using Blood/Martyr.
    as its gonna be with the nerf to SA, blood is a whole lot worse for mana regen. im curious if there gonna boost JotW or make a new talent in ret/prot tree

capping dmg is fine, but not solving the mana issue we'll get. that is if then dont change a thing.

lets just sit, wait and see what sceems(sounds right) they have up there blizzard sleeves

Why is the new talent in prot -not attractive-?

It increases healing done on you, so it gives more mana from SA also, both of which are useful. Mind you, I wouldn't take it if there was anything else better, but there isn't. You can fill the whole Ret tree with that and Divine Strength, with still 2 points left over.

Its certainly better than Seals of the Pure and Divine Intellect. And no point in Pursuit of Justice as that same build did is silly as hell. Our mobility is important, the only thing more important is damage, no sense in removing these points for intellect or... aura mastery.

I say give a deep talent for Ret that decreases self damage from Blood/Martyr and increases mana return from healing.

IMO, they need to add some sort of talent so Command, the talented seal, scales better then Martyr in PvE. I kinda think it's stupid that the talent you get in the Ret tree is inferior to one that's just trained.

Quote Originally Posted by sainthubbins
    IMO, they need to add some sort of talent so Command, the talented seal, scales better then Martyr in PvE. I kinda think it's stupid that the talent you get in the Ret tree is inferior to one that's just trained.
    Even if it was doing the exact same damage, I find myself running out of mana very easily if I don't get healed. So even if SoC did the exact same damage, I'd still be using Blood...

Ideon

Quote Originally Posted by metalia
    this is the one i use on the ptr...its the best i could think of so far, holy tree is just unattractive...

more healing received doenst change anything because youre getting full healed with or without it. buffing soc wpuldnt also do any good because you would miss the mana u gain cause of the backlash-damage u take and thus getting healed. also glyphing ->any<- glyph that reduces manacost or increases your managained on heals is plain stupid cause you have wnough mana with seal of blood alone.
    use glyph of consecration, its worth way over 100mp5 in a fight and also saves you some gcd's. thats all baseline knowledge who any seriours retpala should have. command is simply pvp and blood is pve, and dont give me that shit about having to specc it, you go deep down in ret anyways and i cost only 1 point that u dont really need anywhere else.

all those fotm-retpaladins are such a pain damnit. its so sad <.<.