DK Tanking Advice?

I know some of this is mute since many changes on the way but could any DK Tanking Pro's provide advice on my Gear/Spec? Heroics are no problem but I definitely noticed the damage spikes in Naxx

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...hor&n=Immortis

I actually went with Ghoul & Night of Dead because I've found he helps to offtank adds that jump healers (crazy leap+gnaw) and Army of Dead does have multiple uses when tanking + keeps pet alive.

Re: DK Tanking Advice?

My spec is nearly the same and I can MT anything. Just get better gear I suppose.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ion&n=Daymiena

And before anyone asks, I use Inevitable Defeat, I just use those DW weapons when I want to look c00l.
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7382676545570345084

if adds are jumping the healers you are doing something very wrong

-Lose-

On a Pale Horse
    Outbreak
    Unholy Aura
    Gargoyle
    Night of the Dead

-Get-

Virulence
    Dirge
    Improved Icy Touch
    Whatever else you want to spend the extra points in, Two Handed Weapon Specialization, Dark Conviction, Wandering Plague, whatever.

Melee damage is easier to hit-cap than spell damage. Virulence allows you to ignore the difference.

More runic power is always good while tanking since we're constantly dumping rp on rune strikes on top of normal unholy blight, death coil, etc etc. Dirge is win.

Improved Icy Touch reduces total melee damage taken by 6% for 3 talent points, not to mention giving a little threat too. That's 2% total melee damage reduction per talent.. plus theat. That's over twice as good as Anticipation, which you spent 5/5 in. Silly not to take Imp Icy Touch as a tank, it's one of the best damage reduction talents DKs have available to them.

Personally I'm not a fan of Wandering Plague. It hardly accounts for any threat on most pulls, and the few pulls that it really does decent damage are easy trash pulls anyway. I have no problem with aoe threat, so spending another 3 points for a tiny bit more aoe threat seems like a waste.

Two-handed weapon specialization I like, but Dark Conviction might be a better choice. 2% dmg per talent point for melee hits or 1% crit per talent point for all hits? Kinda depends how much of your total threat is caused by melee hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Avadon

More runic power is always good while tanking since we're constantly dumping rp on rune strikes on top of normal unholy blight, death coil, etc etc. Dirge is win.

Improved Icy Touch reduces total melee damage taken by 6% for 3 talent points, not to mention giving a little threat too. That's 2% total melee damage reduction per talent.. plus theat. That's over twice as good as Anticipation, which you spent 5/5 in. Silly not to take Imp Icy Touch as a tank, it's one of the best damage reduction talents DKs have available to them.

Probably a waste to get Imp Icy Touch. Another DK in the raid will most likely have it. And Attacking 6% slower does not mean 6% less melee damage.

That said this is what my spec will look around come 3.1.

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...0&version=9614
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7382676545570345084

I might Recommend Wandering Plague and Virulence. More hit is More threat.
    Wandering Plague is money. Tanking crit % is low yes, but every mob has a chance to proc Disease damage in an AoE. Since I'm certain your disease downtime is 0, like mine, you cannot go wrong with it for any situation with more than one mob. I personally avoid having the Ghoul out most of the Time, as he can pull things out of position. I like most of what you have though

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the coffee in this cup that thoughts acquire speed, teeth acquire stains. Stains serve as a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion...

Quote Originally Posted by failoth
    if adds are jumping the healers you are doing something very wrong
    My healers are friends and don't study the game as much as I do. They tend to overheal too soon or start healing right as adds spawn on a boss or peak around corners to see what I'm bringing (yea I know). Ghoul helps to soften their weaknesses.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Daimiena
    Probably a waste to get Imp Icy Touch. Another DK in the raid will most likely have it. And Attacking 6% slower does not mean 6% less melee damage.
    I wouldn't rely on anyone else to provide the tank with such important mitigation. That's the tank's job.

IIT is about 5.5% less white damage, which itself is great, but it also increases the uptime on bone armor slightly making it even better for unholy tanks, essentially a form of avoidance with the additional benefit of smooth damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Saram
    I wouldn't rely on anyone else to provide the tank with such important mitigation. That's the tank's job.

IIT is about 5.5% less white damage, which itself is great, but it also increases the uptime on bone armor slightly making it even better for unholy tanks, essentially a form of avoidance with the additional benefit of smooth damage.
    Probably right. I believe I had it in the past and will shift a few points around in Unholy to pick it back up.